Washing in the sun.

Steel Lynx

Ok, so all this beautiful sunshine we've been having is great, but how am I supposed to clean my car?

Where I live (or more accurately, where my car is) gets sun pretty much all day until at least 1800hrs. Which, by then is too late to give it a decent clean.

Getting a hose to my car is virtually impossible and it's only the generosity of one of my neighbours that lets me use his that I get to use a hose at all.

Are there any products that can be used in direct sunlight? My car now looks pretty grubby :(

For the actual wash you shuld be fine. I just spritz the car all over as I'm sponging my way around, in between panels, just to stop it going dry until I'm ready to towel dry. After that bit, a lot of the poorboys glazes and waxes state they can be used in direct sunlight.

For the wash stage - DI filter if waterspots are a problem. Only wash in small sections and rinse regularly to avoid shampoo drying on the panels, try to keep the car as wet as possible whilst you're working. Try to do it as early or as late in the day as you can to avoid the hottest part of the day if at all possible.

For everything else there's Poorboys, again just work in smaller areas than usual and you'll be fine.

Failing that, there's always the gazebo option. :teeth:

Wolfgang is a polish that you can wipe on and wipe off.

Not cheap by any means, but you can use in direct sunlight and is safe to use on rubber.

I have just spent a month of back to back detailing using this product.

But is you cant afford the Wolfgang the G23 stuff that Halfords have is almost as good at 1/8th of he price.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

i dont mind washing the Z in the sun, i just do one panel at a time then hose off the soap and keep on spraying the car as i go round each panel to stop any water drying into it before i can dry it properly. not brave enough to try any poilishing though