Engine bay dress up

jimboy2

Right it's time to do some dressing up under the hood.

Can't quite decide on what colour to go for yet.

Gonna start with some conduit to wrap around the existing cables and go from there.

So far I have a carbon dipped slam panel and carbon bonnet lifters. Really don't want it all in carbon tho. Want something that pops.

Car is silver with tan interior so instantly wanted orange but as someone on here has nailed the orange already wasn't sure of even attempting it

Any ideas please shoot!

Silver goes well with lot's of colours imo. It's all been done before so it's entirely up to you but green, red, purple etc etc all go well. ;)

Fyi it's a bonnet not a hood unless you're American of course. :)

I know I know. I was trying (and failing) to be cool like the kids haha.

Iv started mine a9yqutyn.jpg

Not knocking you but I can see where this is heading...... :surrender:

SAM_0150_zps70a10706.jpg

^^ That's 14N's (Ian's) awesome orange bay. B) Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67814-me-and-my-zed-thread-update-170714/page__st__200

Might want to reconsider the orange theme to be more unique or step it up a bit to show Ian who's the real Tango Daddy. :lol::D

• Like 1

Haha :lol:Doesn't look like that any more GMB. It's evolved a bit. There's more orange.

Huh??? There's an orange strut brace for sale?? :scare: Where? :shrug:

How can you get more orange than that without respraying the entire car orange? :shrug::lol:

Strut brace is identical I think to the one you have. Linked just in case you weren't joking and wanted to see it. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88931-for-sale-350z-stock-strut-brace-powder-coated-orange/

How can you get more orange than that without respraying the entire car orange? :shrug::lol:

There's always the plenum my friend..... http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/87942-a-splash-of-orange-and-a-dab-of-carbon/

OP - My first attempt at my bay was grey and silver. Which looked classy, so nothing like me. My bay reflects me a bit more closely now I feel :wacko:

SAM_2080_zps71735c40.jpg

Still not sure on colour. Thinking maybe purple. Can't find purple conduit. It's out of stock with the dude on ebay.

Will look a bit harder at some point

Purples a good choice I think. Have only seen maybe two Zeds sporting purple and it does look awesome I think. B);)

Only one I could find on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Purple-Split-Conduit-16-8mm-ID-Boostjunkies-/321053907522?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac04dda42

Still not sure on colour. Thinking maybe purple. Can't find purple conduit. It's out of stock with the dude on ebay.

Will look a bit harder at some point

Purple is a good choice ;)

5031875f.jpg

I'm in the process of getting rid of my purple and have purple conduit (from boost junkies) and tape brand new in packet which I no longer want, pm me if you're interested and I'll send you a pic :thumbs:

• Like 2

So decision has been made. I'm going yellow. Conduit on order. Now need to hunt for some of the hoses.

Bit of a problem I have no idea what's what or what they are called.

Like the S shaped one above in blue what's that called. From the radiator? Is it easy enough to change or will things need draining first?

This is gonna be fun!!