Grundy & Stevo Weight Loss Challenge

StevoD

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will loose the most

Hope you don't mind asking a quick question for the experts.

I too am trying to loose weight. My diet was awful.

I now have a banana for breakfast

At lunch I have a skinless chicken breast in a wrap with rocket and onion, now here's the bit I'm not sure of, I also but BBQ sauce in it to make it taste nicer! Is this bit of BBQ sauce going to just make it all pointless??

I have a healtynish dinner. Normal meat and veg.

I started at 16.3 now down to 15.8 and using my fitness pal. Have set this at loosing 2lbs a week and it has me on 1440 calories a day. I have a feeling this is quite low. Today I upped it to losing 1.5lbs a week which has put me on 1690 cals a day.

Now I know it's not all about calories but for me this is the easiest way to track what I eat.

Sorry for crashing your thread!

• Like 1

Well done for the weight loss so far.

What I like about this thread is folks are sharing what worked for them and it may not work for you.

In my opinion I'd try and put flavour in some other way, if you cook the chicken breast yourself then maybe try a dry rub on it to get some flavour before cooking.

I was never a fan of sauces/dressing when I was on my weight loss (I have put the majority of the weight back on) but that worked for me.

• Like 1

Haha sorry. Glad you found the question in there somewhere.

I do actually cover the chicken in a spice shaker thing before cooking but still need to have sauce. Will try tomorrow with no sauce. Found it really easy so far.

It's the only time I wish I had a office type job so I could heat things up. Working from a van all day my options are limited. The wraps are really working for me tho

Oh and excersise I pretty non existent at the moment. I have been cycling a few times. Only for about 6 miles a time but everything is uphill round here so it's killer.

Also been doing some kettle bell work outs but want to see a PT before I carry on as I know it can be a bit dodgy when done wrong.

I studied sport at college for two years. Cant remember much as I was a bit of a hothead but a slice of general advice I will say :

Sleep is important, try to keep a regular sleeping pattern where you don't go to sleep too late.

Cardio can be useless to a point.. you burn fat best working at 70-80% of your max ( interval runs or short sprints for example are very good )

They say Diet is 70% approx of losing weight ! In my personal experience your diet is influenced in what you are trying to gain from the diet. for you guys avoid junk food and sugars completely and ready meals.. they are trash!!. theres plenty info on the web. BBQ sauce wont make your chicken pointless Jim, the Chicken will get used but your basically in-taking a % of sugars with the BBQ sauce :) Try lowering the amount of sauce then put a light tomato based sauce on it :thumbs:

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if you can try to avoid eating past 8PM..if you are hungry eat something light, banana and half a glass of milk.

Water water water. Sometimes when you feel really hungry you are more thirsty than hungry.. Have a long drink to take the edge off and in turn you'll eat less :thumbs:

I'll leave it at that. I'm currently sitting at 14 stone approx and I'll be getting back into shape in the next few months. Ill make a detailed thread about it with what excersices I did what I ate etc and before and after pics.

Good luck guys :thumbs:

Just prepped the chicken for tomorrow nights chicken kebabs. Using the last of the nando's lemon and herb marinade. May as well smother in sauce but it is tasty.

Will have to post a pic of the finished article tomorrow....If the weather is BBQ friendly tomorrow evening it will be cooked on that :)

Also it maybe a good idea for folks to share how they add flavour to their dishes without loading up the fats and sugars.

Edited by Fodder

Just prepped the chicken for tomorrow nights chicken kebabs. Using the last of the nando's lemon and herb marinade. May as well smother in sauce but it is tasty.

Will have to post a pic of the finished article tomorrow....If the weather is BBQ friendly tomorrow evening it will be cooked on that :)

Also it maybe a good idea for folks to share how they add flavour to their dishes without loading up the fats and sugars.

Here's my kebabs on the BBQ. I have a weber temp probe to check it's done and due to my cheapish BBQ I had to rotate them 90° as the front of the burners doesn't get too hot. I''d suggest if you cook chicken this way you should do the same.

They were yummy

2FAC69EE-D53E-43D3-8D17-EB03CAF7A74B_zpsjikecncn.jpg

erm ok to be honest a few little treats at weekend but will see on friday if anything else has gone

Don't forget it's not all about the weight. You will get to the point in the first few weeks where you don't lose much or anything. You will feel much better though oh and the clothes get a little bit too big for you. That's a great feeling too.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Great to see this, I lost 5 stone ( from 19.5 to 14.5 stone) last year, the 1st two weeks are the hardest, I used an app on my phone called myfitnesspal, you can log what you are eating and it gives you a calorie guide based on your weight and your weight loss goals.

I stuck to 1600 calories a day made up of 50% protein and hit the gym 4 times a week, lost around 2 pounds a week but totally changed my body composition.

Stick at it and you will get there, the main thing it perseverance, if you do fall off the wagon one day just forget about it and make sure you do well the next day.

Good luck guys :)

rest day for me today..... Gym for 2 hours on monday (1 1/2hr weights and 30 min cardio) then cycle to work (22 miles round trip) and went swimming for an hour on tuesday and then back to the gym for 2 hours (1 1/2hr weights and 30 min cardio) last night... knackered! i think it was the squats last night that has pushed my legs over the edge!

important to have a rest guys and give your body time to recover

so Grundy... Stevo... hows it going? how are you feeling? feel better yet? are you doing any excersise?

I've not had a headache since doing this.

I used to get them at least 4 times a week :thumbs:

However I'm getting to the point of dinner is getting boring (Mainly because it's either Chicken/Steak salad or Chicken/New potoatos and Veg.)

• Like 1

I've not had a headache since doing this.

I used to get them at least 4 times a week :thumbs:

However I'm getting to the point of dinner is getting boring (Mainly because it's either Chicken/Steak salad or Chicken/New potoatos and Veg.)

good news on the headache front! bad news on the boring food bit... there are only so many ways you can 'spice up' chicken.

i have come to realise that the food i put in my mouth is there to fuel and build my body in the way i want it and as such i understand that at times this makes it boring, for me its a necessary evil and i look forward to meal times for the fuel it gives me rather than the enjoyment of eating after all it was the enjoyment of eating that got us into this mess right?

I've lost another 2lb this week. Small meals 4 times aday seem to be working + hour walk in the morning and taekwondo/insanity/jogging in the evening.

I'm constantly aching, roll on Dec when I can have a break!!