calories :(

StevoD

And on the topic of salad...

I like a ribeye steak salad

Also like chargrilled chicken fillet salad

Sometimes have Seabass fillets on salad

Hot Tiger prawns on salad is yummy too

Or a nice salmon fillet on salad.

Sometimes I just have salad, but with some nice cherry tomatoes and balsamic dressing.

It's up to you how boring your salad is :)

One of my favourite salads is the following:

cqAaCckl.jpg

Spinach/mixed leaf salad

Avocado

Bacon

Chicken

Cherry tomatoes

Cucumber

Mixed seeds

Pine kernels

Olive oil.

Costs about £2 (I mass buy all the ingredients). It fills me up for ages.

I occasionally add about 30-40g of bulgar wheat, quinoa or cous cocus to it to bulk it out a little too.

And on the topic of salad...

I like a ribeye steak salad

Also like chargrilled chicken fillet salad

Sometimes have Seabass fillets on salad

Hot Tiger prawns on salad is yummy too

Or a nice salmon fillet on salad.

Sometimes I just have salad, but with some nice cherry tomatoes and balsamic dressing.

It's up to you how boring your salad is :)

One of my favourite salads is the following:

cqAaCckl.jpg

Spinach/mixed leaf salad

Avocado

Bacon

Chicken

Cherry tomatoes

Cucumber

Mixed seeds

Pine kernels

Olive oil.

Costs about £2 (I mass buy all the ingredients). It fills me up for ages.

I occasionally add about 30-40g of bulgar wheat, quinoa or cous cocus to it to bulk it out a little too.

I want this! Looks so good!

Going to do a shop tomorrow....

What would you recommend mass buying?

I want this! Looks so good!

Going to do a shop tomorrow....

What would you recommend mass buying?

Well the most expensive is the meat - so I bulk buy my meat from online butchers or if you have a friendly butcher who will give you a good price then even better. I normally get 10kg at a time and freeze it. Same with the bacon.

Pine nuts are expensive, so I just bulk buy them - works out cheaper. Same with the bulgar wheat I buy that by the kilo load.

Salad you can't really. However a bag of young mix leaf salad lasts 4 days or so and is around £1.50-£2. Avocados I just buy the basic ones and just use more than one as they can be pretty small.

It all works out by day to being around £2 per day roughly - I can vary the meat, sometimes beef, turkey, pork, veal, etc....

So avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, salad = £5 or so. Over a week = £1 per day + the meat.

Works out to being lots of good nutrients - lots of good fats (olive oil, avocado, pine nuts, mixed seeds), fibre (tomatoes, spinach, bulgar wheat), protein (pine nuts, meat), carbs (all of it though not so much the meat). You can vary the portion sizes and generally mine is around 800-1000cals, but you can easily half that if you want.

Well, they didn't have a smoothie place in town (WIll make my own at home tonight once I've done the BIG shop) So I changed from my usual morrisons meals deal (BLT/Yogurt pot with choclate flakes/Coke) and hot sausage roll, - To a pack of Fresh British roast chicken wings from Waitrose? Wasn't sure if that was better or worse, but when I did actually work out :lol: And was trying to get protein etc, this was a good substitute to the crap I ate.

It's a one off but would like to know if that was a good or bad choice for the future.

Well, they didn't have a smoothie place in town (WIll make my own at home tonight once I've done the BIG shop) So I changed from my usual morrisons meals deal (BLT/Yogurt pot with choclate flakes/Coke) and hot sausage roll, - To a pack of Fresh British roast chicken wings from Waitrose? Wasn't sure if that was better or worse, but when I did actually work out :lol: And was trying to get protein etc, this was a good substitute to the crap I ate.

It's a one off but would like to know if that was a good or bad choice for the future.

prob not brilliant as the chicken wings wil have meant you eating the skin which holds a lot of the fat... prob a bit better than the usual choice though... go for the packs of grllled or steamed chicken breast instead

So big shops coming up soon.

I've got a rough idea on making a salad - But the dressing I'm not so sure with :lol:

What can I go to tesco's and buy? (Salad dressing wise)

Mayonnaise - you can buy it just don't use it :)

• Like 1

Fair play WMR, that sounds like a good idea. Is that your evening meal, or lunch? Also, salads are fine during the summer, but what do you do for winter?

Believe it or not I quite enjoy it in the winter too! However sometimes I over Cook the night before and then bring it in so I can reheat it.

It is lunch. Dinner is always a cooked meal as is breakfast.

Fair enough, thats a good idea, and if its warm, then that helps.

Our dinner last night consisted of a juicy steak from a butchers, some hasslebank or something potato's from Waitrose (not great, as were with some garlic butter) and some broccoli. All washed down with a bottle of wine between us, and 2 Margaritas, so not mega healthy, but we resisted the ben and Jerry's for the night

We did a food box thing. Every monday a cooled box of decent organic meats and veggies got dropped at the door for the next week. The price wasn't too horrific either.

Can you pm me some details of this please mate? Bored of morrisons "fresh chicken"