calories :(

StevoD

Hi, my name is Matt.

I eat worse than Stevo, the last time I did any major form of exercise was probably 4 years ago and I never eat my main meal before 8.30 pm.

Last night for my food, I had 2 mini fillets from KFC, 2 cheeseburgers from McDonalds, a portion of medium fries from McDonalds and a Hazelnut hot Chocolate from starbucks. At 8pm.

I sit at a desk all day for work and the most physical thing I do is carrying some thick paper around the office in a binder occasionally. Clearly it's not all obvious Sarnie, as if it was I would be the same size as Stevo if not bigger, it comes down to MANY different things, like metabolism, thyroid activeness, genetic body shape and a thousand other things. I'm the one in the white by the way. Stop being an idiot for the sake of it.

Damn I wish I could get away with that Matt! :(

I'm really lucky, I don't eat big meals and never have done. I almost trickle feed throughout the day which according to my doctor has meant that my metabolism is really high. If I'm ill and don't eat for a day or two you can see a difference, because my body is basically always looking for stuff to digest.

I went on a diet a few months ago to try and put weight on, because I actually don't like being a rake. I used an app (my fitness pal or something) which recorded the calories, vitamins, protein etc which I have per day. For 6 months I ate pretty healthily, 3000cal per day lots of protein etc and all decent stuff. My weight didn't change at all. I did notice other benefits, no afternoon slump, sleeping better, but my weight itself stayed pretty much the same.

That is interesting! I guess it's better to be on that side of it but that still must be a struggle. At least you get to eat whatever you want! I had a friend years ago who was the same, he was really tall too think his BMI was about 16.

another thing which im a sucker for an your opinions are again much appreciated

Subway is it as good as they make out

i would usually have a subway mlt in the 9 grain honey oat bread, again advised as the option to go to over macdonalds etc is this making things worse?

I had 2 Hotdogs at about 1am Sunday :lol:

SteveM,

On a serious note - I'm in the same boat as Steve, my diet is crap, and would love to sort it out (I eat a hell of a lot of pizza, it's quick and easy to cook) But that's the issue these days good healthy food can take a little longer to cook and can be expensive.

Steak and Salad/Chicken and salad for meals sounds awesome....but pricey no? Can you recommend some brands/location/prices on things to go for....Because i'm sure you don't mean, go out spend 15 on steak for one evening :lol:

Bad food is cheap and the government is concerned about a nation of couch potatoes? Doesn't surprise me!

Trip down to the local chicken and chips shop will get you fed for a few quid - but go to M&S or Holland & Barrett or similar and you're looking at double if not more!

This is where the problem is. Good food is expensive!

check out www.musclefood.com and their protein ready meals. I have them with me to eat on the go. Great balance of healthy carbs and protein. It tastes good too, has a long expiry date and just pop in the microwave.

I also get my snacks from them, like protein cookies and flapjacks.

I buy all my stuff in bulk so my meals effectively work out to be £3 each! :)

so everything on there is good for you? obviously with in moderation

another thing which im a sucker for an your opinions are again much appreciated

Subway is it as good as they make out

i would usually have a subway mlt in the 9 grain honey oat bread, again advised as the option to go to over macdonalds etc is this making things worse?

I enjoy a subway now and again. Don't completely restrict yourself otherwise you'll relapse. Your body has to know that it's allowed to "cheat" every once in a while so you don't get mad cravings

I had 2 Hotdogs at about 1am Sunday :lol:

SteveM,

On a serious note - I'm in the same boat as Steve, my diet is crap, and would love to sort it out (I eat a hell of a lot of pizza, it's quick and easy to cook) But that's the issue these days good healthy food can take a little longer to cook and can be expensive.

Steak and Salad/Chicken and salad for meals sounds awesome....but pricey no? Can you recommend some brands/location/prices on things to go for....Because i'm sure you don't mean, go out spend 15 on steak for one evening :lol:

Bad food is cheap and the government is concerned about a nation of couch potatoes? Doesn't surprise me!

Trip down to the local chicken and chips shop will get you fed for a few quid - but go to M&S or Holland & Barrett or similar and you're looking at double if not more!

This is where the problem is. Good food is expensive!

check out www.musclefood.com and their protein ready meals. I have them with me to eat on the go. Great balance of healthy carbs and protein. It tastes good too, has a long expiry date and just pop in the microwave.

I also get my snacks from them, like protein cookies and flapjacks.

I buy all my stuff in bulk so my meals effectively work out to be £3 each! :)

Pretty much mate. Maybe buy the selection packs so you get a taste of each of them then you know which ones you like. Their meat is a great selection! As a new customer they have a hamper chocked full of meat which they send to you in a chilled box so it stays fresh.

• Like 1

Whenever you're hungry, have a 'Tommy Tank'. It'll suppress your hunger and burn calories instead of ingesting them. You feel lighterer on your feet after too.

DISCLAIMER: May cause drowsiness and breaching of broadband allowance.

• Like 2

be careful... some of the stuff on there is aimed at people who are training hard aswell as dieting.....

Correct, the meals are ok for anyone, but the supplements are more for regular training. If you're unsure - ask :thumbs:

• Like 1

Whenever you're hungry, have a 'Tommy Tank'. It'll suppress your hunger and burn calories instead of ingesting them. You feel lighterer on your feet after too.

DISCLAIMER: May cause drowsiness and breaching of broadband allowance.

Scratch what I said before. New reason why I'm skinny found :lol:

Obviously I'm joking...Maybe...

i notice alot are rice dishes i thought rice was as bad as pasta?

They use brown rice so it's ok.

Also even if it's white rice in moderation it's ok as well.

At the end of the day you still need carbs for energy. There's also something called carb cycling which is a bit more complex. Towards the end of a cutting phase, you slowly decrease your carb intake over the course of a few days until you get to a day where you have zero carbs. Then 2-3 days before the "show-day" you go crazy on your carbs! What this does is fills your muscles out and gives you that all needed size factor for competition.

There's so much so to go into with nutrition but for now let's keep it simple lol.

Carbs are needed, but in moderation :)

• Like 2

i dont think you will want to or be up for the 0 carb diet....... so just change from white rice to brown, normal pasta to wholewheat, white bread to brown / granery (spelling) dont use butter or marg spread.. buy some salad / chicken / steak and maybe some of those protein cookies / flapjacks from www.musclefood.com oh and also pick up some eggs

try a couple of poached / boiled or fried (not loads of oil) eggs on some brown bread toast for breakfast, a handfull of almonds or cashews or even a protein flapjack mid morning... a simple chisken salad for lunch and then have your main meal with brown rice or pasta or even another salad and see how you get on. keep a bottle of water on the go as it helps things ticking over and keeps off hunger

Edited by SteveM
  • Like 2