calories :(

StevoD

Don't eat past 6pm

Errr? Where did you get that from.

Also nothing wrong with asking for advice, that's the first step to the right path surely. Why berate someone for trying to seek help.

I got it from my book called "Obvious Things" ;)

Do you think eating a pasta bake late at night then toast before bed helps or hinders weight loss?

You mean you got it from your book of 'things I made up'?

Nope, again, it's obvious.

Me last night 3rd from left in white its the first most recent picture i know of

photo_4-10_zpsc05964ef.jpg

Eh fatty boom boom! :p - I am of course joking!

Mate you will have no problem shedding that weight. It's easier to lose weight at the beginning - it's when you get down to low percentage body fat that it becomes harder.

Try out a few of the advises that have been given on here, but don't expect results straight away. Any cycle you do, you have to keep at it for at least 4-6wks.

Personally I'd start by trying intermittent fasting, you will notice a difference pretty quickly.

And we're all here to help you along the way too bud :thumbs:

• Like 2

If you weigh yourself , say 200lbs that means you need to eat 200grams of protein a day, then the rest needs to be veg. That's it , I done it as part of a diet lost 2 stone in 2 1/2 weeks 👠and drink at least 3 litres of water a day.

seriously Stevo how much do you really want to lose the weight? be honest

not sure how to answer that, as feel if i say alot im expected to go eat a cabbage and hit them gym for the next 6 hour

but if i say well yea half arsedly i feel ive wasted your time,

Yes i do want to loose weight for several obvious reason, do i want to loose it at a point my life is dedicated to that and purely that 100% like someone training to do some body building championship, no i dont

Do i want to change my appearance and lifestyle yes to something better, hope that makes sense

Edited by StevoD

makes 100% sense and no i dont expect you to go hit the gym straight away..... lol

you need to be honest with yourself and decide how much you can commit to a change in lifestyle and it might mean a gradual change rather than a big change like i did

Anyone whos met me in person will know im not a feather weight, and now really starting to have enough of it for a few reasons

anyone got any tips i know the obvious exercise dont eat @*!# etc

but ive been counting calories last two weeks and most week days im pulling the following i know its @*!# food but the calories dont seem high

redbull 120 Kal

Chocolate bar 222kal

Ham and Cheese roll 300kal

Light pop corn 87kal

500 ml of squash/water 50kal?

evening meal like a chicken and bacon pasta bake etc 600kal-800

can of diet coke 1kal?

​magnum white choc ice cream 250kal

slice of toast before bed 130kal

in total i make that 1843 kal which is well within the 2500

​Each day i walk about 2 miles so Google says work on 100kal/permile lost

so im looking at a average daily intake of around 1700kal

WHY AM I STILL PUTTING ON WEIGHT 4 kg in a few months?

First off - caffeine is good for you in controlled doses - swap the red bull for a black coffee (or with a splash of milk). If you don't like the taste start with 1 or 2 spoons of sugar and slowly decrease it until you have it without sugar.

For breakfast have oats/porridge. I usually blend 500ml water, protein powder, 100g oats and a spoon of almond butter and just have it as a quick shake for breakfast.

For your snacks, instead of the rolls and choc bars, get yourself some wholemeal crackers, or rice cakes and you can have them with a bit of nutella and almond/peanut butter.

Switch your carb sources to low GI e.g. sweet potato instead of white potato, brown rice instead of white rice, brown bread instead of white bread, etc. You need to keep your simple sugars to a minimum otherwise you'll just convert it to fat.

Increase your protein over your carbs but try to keep it lean, e.g. chicken breast, white fish, etc.

Also depending on what your take is on exercise, I'd recommend 3 times a week weight sessions with 20-30mins cardio straight after. Resistance training combined with cardio will increase your metabolism and help with fat burn immensely!

I'm in off-season training for competition next year so my diet is just bulking at the moment, which believe it or not is a lot harder than when on diet!

Gimme a shout if you want any other tips or advice mate :thumbs:

This is Good advice. Your basically giving yourself massive insulin spikes. If you are serious about loosing weight there are plenty of ways to do it. Eating clean for a start, but not eating enough also has an effect on the body.

My wife is a natural body builder (BNBF and NPA winner) and does a lot of personal training, so if you need any help with diet. let me know.

sar2.jpg

• Like 3

start small

redbull 120 - cut it out its doing you no favours.... water and plenty of it and maybe the odd coffee (not startbucks!)

Chocolate bar - if you are able to do it reduce this from a whole bar to just 1 or 2 squares but if not cut it out

Ham and Cheese roll - processed ham is not great so try and get proper cut cooked ham or even better use chicken breast. also chage the white roll to a brown or granery one

Light pop corn - ok i guess - could change this to a handfull of almonds or cashew nuts

500 ml of squash/water - great! just up that to about 2 1/2 or 3 litres spread over the day

evening meal like a chicken and bacon pasta bake - yep no probs.. just keep pasta or potatoe intake down so small portions of the pasta bake or even better drop the pasta bake and have a steak and salad or a chicken breast with a salad (stay away from creamy salad dressing)

can of diet coke - drop the coke

​magnum white choc ice cream - if you have to have something sweet for desert have a low or 0% fat yogurt

slice of toast before bed - stop this. if you can stomache it some cottage cheese is good

In 2009 after being out of the military for 3 and and a bit years I had to buy my first pair of size 38 trousers. Common problem as you eat the same diet but are not burning the calories. One morning after wearing these for about a fortnight I bent over to open the lower drawer on the freezer and split the arse on them - much to the delight of my other half - that was the turning point - was heavily into MMORG so evenings were spent on WoW no exercise. So enough was enough wasnt sure what diet to do and looked at the Cambridge but didnt fancy the bad breath you get from it -then someone recommended the Tesco diets . My problem with diets has always been having the right food in the right place at the right time. The Tesco diet let you choose they type of diet you are after ie low sugar diabetic etc for general well being - let you choose your meals, then produce a shopping list and then will deliver - its so hassle free its unreal anyhow started October 2009 at 14 stone 10 lbs ( I am 5'6'' and was 47 at the timer) by March I was down to 12 stone 5 lbs and it changed my lifestyle completely. Joined the gym did a few spin classes a week and swam as well. Concentrated on the cardio. My target was a sprint trialthlon and I completed it in May - not as fast as I would have liked as i pulled a calf muscle during the run but from sedendary to mini tri in 7 months was very rewarding. Now at about 13st 1lb and a lot fitter with 2 spin classes a week and swimming 3 kms also weekly. Its great having clothes that fit and the 34" waist is steady. So it can be done - I still have the odd Doner kebab- yes I know whats in them and still love them along with pork pies - but I cut out sugar from drinks and use sweeteners (sometimes) and also lowered alcohol to single figure units per week

So in summary have a look at the Tesco plan but be honest you do have to want to see it through and also get some decent scales as you will start getting a buzz watching your weight drop

Before

Rob_zps5f5f0d86.jpg

After

After_zps69dacb52.jpg

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 1

Hi, my name is Matt.

I eat worse than Stevo, the last time I did any major form of exercise was probably 4 years ago and I never eat my main meal before 8.30 pm.

Last night for my food, I had 2 mini fillets from KFC, 2 cheeseburgers from McDonalds, a portion of medium fries from McDonalds and a Hazelnut hot Chocolate from starbucks. At 8pm.

I sit at a desk all day for work and the most physical thing I do is carrying some thick paper around the office in a binder occasionally. Clearly it's not all obvious Sarnie, as if it was I would be the same size as Stevo if not bigger, it comes down to MANY different things, like metabolism, thyroid activeness, genetic body shape and a thousand other things. I'm the one in the white by the way. Stop being an idiot for the sake of it.

IMG_1889.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Matt.

I eat worse than Stevo, the last time I did any major form of exercise was probably 4 years ago and I never eat my main meal before 8.30 pm.

Last night for my food, I had 2 mini fillets from KFC, 2 cheeseburgers from McDonalds, a portion of medium fries from McDonalds and a Hazelnut hot Chocolate from starbucks. At 8pm.

I sit at a desk all day for work and the most physical thing I do is carrying some thick paper around the office in a binder occasionally. Clearly it's not all obvious Sarnie, as if it was I would be the same size as Stevo if not bigger, it comes down to MANY different things, like metabolism, thyroid activeness, genetic body shape and a thousand other things. I'm the one in the white by the way. Stop being an idiot for the sake of it.

IMG_1889.jpg

Damn I wish I could get away with that Matt! :(

I had 2 Hotdogs at about 1am Sunday :lol:

SteveM,

On a serious note - I'm in the same boat as Steve, my diet is crap, and would love to sort it out (I eat a hell of a lot of pizza, it's quick and easy to cook) But that's the issue these days good healthy food can take a little longer to cook and can be expensive.

Steak and Salad/Chicken and salad for meals sounds awesome....but pricey no? Can you recommend some brands/location/prices on things to go for....Because i'm sure you don't mean, go out spend 15 on steak for one evening :lol:

Hi, my name is Matt.

Damn I wish I could get away with that Matt! :(

I'm really lucky, I don't eat big meals and never have done. I almost trickle feed throughout the day which according to my doctor has meant that my metabolism is really high. If I'm ill and don't eat for a day or two you can see a difference, because my body is basically always looking for stuff to digest.

I went on a diet a few months ago to try and put weight on, because I actually don't like being a rake. I used an app (my fitness pal or something) which recorded the calories, vitamins, protein etc which I have per day. For 6 months I ate pretty healthily, 3000cal per day lots of protein etc and all decent stuff. My weight didn't change at all. I did notice other benefits, no afternoon slump, sleeping better, but my weight itself stayed pretty much the same.

• Like 1

first thing from what i can see

is remove anything with sugar in , remove anything form of bread any form of pasta has to go and any form of potato?

thats what i did but it may not work for you.... try just easing off to start.. cut the sugary drinks and reduce the pasta / potato intake and up the protien (eggs, chicken and steak)

• Like 1

first thing from what i can see

is remove anything with sugar in , remove anything form of bread any form of pasta has to go and any form of potato?

Reduce sugar - yes!

Bread/pasta/potato - keep! But switch to brown bread, wholemeal pasta and sweet potato instead of the white stuff :thumbs:

• Like 2

SteveM,

On a serious note - I'm in the same boat as Steve, my diet is crap, and would love to sort it out (I eat a hell of a lot of pizza, it's quick and easy to cook) But that's the issue these days good healthy food can take a little longer to cook and can be expensive.

Steak and Salad/Chicken and salad for meals sounds awesome....but pricey no? Can you recommend some brands/location/prices on things to go for....Because i'm sure you don't mean, go out spend 15 on steak for one evening :lol:

chicken and salad is dead easy and cheap as chips.... if you are lazy then buy a ready made salad but dont add the dressing and but ready packed chicken but not the ones covered in flavours. i tend to but various salad items in bulk and a number of chicken breasts and a couple of cheap steaks from tesco then cook all the chicken in one go either in the oven on the BBQ or poached.. then stick em in the fridge

dinner takes 3 mins tops to make... get salad out and chop items into bowl.. get chicken breast out and cut into chunks then smother the lot in fresh ground pepper and away you go... or rare cook one of the steaks and cut into strips then grind the pepper...

dinner is cheap and easy and really quick.. i can have mine made fresh and eaten before you even start on your pizza

• Like 2

SteveM,

Bad food is cheap and the government is concerned about a nation of couch potatoes? Doesn't surprise me!

Trip down to the local chicken and chips shop will get you fed for a few quid - but go to M&S or Holland & Barrett or similar and you're looking at double if not more!

This is where the problem is. Good food is expensive!

check out www.musclefood.com and their protein ready meals. I have them with me to eat on the go. Great balance of healthy carbs and protein. It tastes good too, has a long expiry date and just pop in the microwave.

I also get my snacks from them, like protein cookies and flapjacks.

I buy all my stuff in bulk so my meals effectively work out to be £3 each! :)

• Like 2