calories :(

StevoD

I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter myself, and the only thing i have ever had success with is a Keto diet. Basically not allowed to eat any sugar or carbs - ever. But you must eat 50% protein and 50% fat.

Essentially, this makes Bacon the healthiest possible food you can eat. So bacon and eggs for breakfast is ideal, as a pork scratchings as a healthy snack. Want a bowl full of double cream for desert? Go for it!

Eating the above diets (plus a few vegies,, lots of steaks and cheese etc) i can easily lose a couple of stone in a month. It's the future.

I'm on it now actually. I started 10 days ago, and as of this morning i'm 10lb's down.

The only reason i fall off it is due to work commitments and holidays really.

I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter myself, and the only thing i have ever had success with is a Keto diet. Basically not allowed to eat any sugar or carbs - ever. But you must eat 50% protein and 50% fat.

Essentially, this makes Bacon the healthiest possible food you can eat. So bacon and eggs for breakfast is ideal, as a pork scratchings as a healthy snack. Want a bowl full of double cream for desert? Go for it!

Eating the above diets (plus a few vegies,, lots of steaks and cheese etc) i can easily lose a couple of stone in a month. It's the future.

I'm on it now actually. I started 10 days ago, and as of this morning i'm 10lb's down.

The only reason i fall off it is due to work commitments and holidays really.

2529990-9086092697-13962.png

Seriously, i swear on my life!! I was the same and couldnt believe it when i discovered it last year.

Read the following links and it'll change your life:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aiHSPoto_YqsNTDvL-g60nytMnyH-CJcCbiAx1IEUYM/edit

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto

At the end of the day, it's down to exercise.

Just eat crap and do exercise, job done :)

As Chirag says, if you want to go into serious body building etc, then a controlled diet and working out is the way forward, but if you want to lose weight then yes tone down your diet but don't suffer with crap food that you don't like. Just do a bit more exercise, Few push ups, Sit ups, running etc will do wonders.

I really should listen to my own advice.

Too many Women on weight watchers diets and things similar that just **** me off, they're like er I'm not losing enough weight or I've eaten good today, I can treat my self tonight.

Do some ****ing exercise and you can eat what you want. You can't just expect food to sort out the shape of your body, you need to put in effort your self.

since Feb i have lost 3 1/2 stone and put on a load of muscle structure at the same time... Sugar and Carbs are killing your weight loss

i cut out Carbs as much as i can (no rice, pasta, bread, potatoes) and have very little sugar or sweet things (no sweets, chocolate, crisps, cakes, cookies) eat loads of chicken breast and eggs (not too many yokes), steak, salad and protien shakes, drink plenty of water and drink coffee with very little milk in it and when i do put milk in its red top. i Gym 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time with 60 / 40 split weights / Cardio and swim on one of my off days and cycle on another

bacon is OK just cut a fair amount of the fat off... fat isnt bad.. its fuel for your body but too much will hinder your weight loss

check out a few web sites for ides

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition

the above is pretty good

• Like 2

Eat healthier and exercise more. It's mainly in the diet unless your workout is really extreme.

I stopped eating all carbs so I only eat protein and veg effectively. You don't have to cut carbs out completely just as low intake as you can, the weight has just fallen off me. Add in some running after work and it's working perfectly.

The killer for me is alcohol, namely beer. That will make you gain weight faster than anything!

since Feb i have lost 3 1/2 stone and put on a load of muscle structure at the same time... Sugar and Carbs are killing your weight loss

i cut out Carbs as much as i can (no rice, pasta, bread, potatoes) and have very little sugar or sweet things (no sweets, chocolate, crisps, cakes, cookies) eat loads of chicken breast and eggs (not too many yokes), steak, salad and protien shakes, drink plenty of water and drink coffee with very little milk in it and when i do put milk in its red top. i Gym 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time with 60 / 40 split weights / Cardio and swim on one of my off days and cycle on another

bacon is OK just cut a fair amount of the fat off... fat isnt bad.. its fuel for your body but too much will hinder your weight loss

check out a few web sites for ides

http://www.muscleand...s.com/nutrition

the above is pretty good

Where does your energy come from if you have no carbs, and little fat? Your body fat stores?

Eat healthier and exercise more. It's mainly in the diet unless your workout is really extreme.

I stopped eating all carbs so I only eat protein and veg effectively. You don't have to cut carbs out completely just as low intake as you can, the weight has just fallen off me. Add in some running after work and it's working perfectly.

The killer for me is alcohol, namely beer. That will make you gain weight faster than anything!

m not a beer guy so thats no worries although i imagine vodka is worse

Vodka is far better than beer, vodka tonic is thing to drink for low calorie.

Oh i should point out - that weight loss is with ZERO exercise too.

think you should see a doctor

:lol: I have done, they said if it works for me, then stick at it.

I've tried 10 different diets, none of which worked for me until i found Keto.

• Like 1

Oh i should point out - that weight loss is with ZERO exercise too.

Yes but without exercise your muscles and your organs are not getting used efficiently and your body is going into starvation mode. these fad diets only last so long and then they will have a counter-effect.

If you lose too much weight too quickly, you'll be left with a lot of loose skin which will look even worse and is harder to tone up.

You need to have an equal balance of diet, exercise AND rest.

You don't have to be a bodybuilder to lift weights at the gym, at the end of the day it will only make you stronger and healthier overall. Same with cardio - you don't have to be a long distance runner, but it will keep your heart running better. Just like your zed's engine ;)

• Like 1

Where does your energy come from if you have no carbs, and little fat? Your body fat stores?

pretty much....

my daily food intake consists of

0% fat yogurt and some fruit for breakfast - protien shake mid morning - small salad and a chick breast for lunch and maybe a handful of cashew nuts small protien shake before gym - protien shake after gym - dinner is either more chicken with a bigger salad including some avacado or a lean steak or an omlette with 4 eggs (2 whole and 2 whites) - then a small amount of cottage cheese before bed

Edited by SteveM
  • Like 2

pretty much....

my daily food intake consists of

0% fat yogurt and some fruit for breakfast - protien shake mid morning - small salad and a chick breast for lunch and maybe a handful of cashew nuts small protien shake before gym - protien shake after gym - dinner is either more chicken with a bigger salad including some avacado or a lean steak or an omlette with 4 eggs (2 whole and 2 whites) - then a small amount of cottage cheese before bed

Spot on :thumbs:

@StevoD - have you looked at intermittent fasting?

I did it last year when I was cutting and it worked wonders! You basically have an 8-hour window during which you're allowed to eat.

For example I only ate between 2pm - 10pm. During the other hours you're only allowed to drink water, tea/green tea or coffee (no sugar).

But because you're keeping your feeding window restricted, you can be a bit more flexible with what you eat. So your first meal would be BIG to break your fast, but still try to keep it lean meat and wholemeal carbs with some fats.

Then you can graze a bit throughout and a few hours later have another good size meal half way through. Again graze until your last hour and have your last big meal and that's it.

What this will do is shock your body's insulin levels and you will just see the weight fall off you.

Also if you can handle hot food, spice is big catalyst in fat burn. So is cinammon. And keep drinking green tea throughout the day if you can. 5-6 cups easily.

Water - minimum 3-4 litres - your pee should be clear whenever you go.

• Like 1