calories :(

StevoD

great dinner alternative...

Balsamic Salmon Quinoa Salad

6 oz salmon filet (skinless, preferably wild-caught)

3 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped

3/4 cup cooked quinoa (Cook according to package directions, omitting any butter or oil.)

1 tbsp light balsamic vinaigrette

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions:

1. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Put small nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon. Cook until desired doneness, about 2–3 minutes per side (turn down heat if it’s overbrowning before desired doneness is reached; the fish should be slightly translucent in center).
  2. Meanwhile, mix balsamic vinaigrette with vinegar.
  3. Put chopped spinach in large shallow bowl. Top with quinoa and salmon. Drizzle dressing over top. Toss if desired.

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 4 oz. each

1 tsp. Mrs. Dash or other salt-free seasoning

4 slices fat-free Swiss cheese

4 slices low-fat deli ham

1â„2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Nonstick cooking spray

Equipment:

• Baking dish

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat an 8x10-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Pound chicken breasts to 1â„4-inch thickness and sprinkle both sides with seasoning. Place one slice of cheese and one slice of ham on each chicken breast. Roll up each breast and secure with toothpicks.
  3. Place chicken in baking dish, seam side down, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. For added fiber and vitamins, serve with steamed broccoli or asparagus. For more carbs in a mass-gaining phase, add a whole-grain

I ate less crap and done the 7 minute work out (3/4 times a week) I now feel and look a lot better :) I still eat shite because it tastes so delicious just in moderation.

Do you eat food quickly Steve?

Edit: Just realised, multiple Steves.. Stevo.

Edited by mouthwash

My diet is hard to regulate, as i work shifts, 2 weeks of 6-2 and 2 weeks of 2-10.30, with over time on top. I usually start my day with a can of full fat Red Bull when i get up, (regardless of shift or day) as i cant drink coffee, without being violently sick. I tend not to drink any normal tea, occasionally a fruit/herbal one. Breakfast is around 9-10 and normally consists of a bowl of Shreddies. Lunch will change depending on shift. If its and early shift, il eat around 11.30-12, and normally is a chicken wrap with some veg in it. ( freshly made for you), but if im on a late shift,then i usually eat a big meal around 1ish in the canteen, as its my main meal of the day,and its hot. On a late shift for dinner,i usually have another freshly made wrap around 7pm. I also always have a pack of chocolate raisins just after lunch, without fail,unless they have forgot to order them in and have run out! Gggrrr.

My early shift dinner usually involves some sort of pasta or potato, and we do like a pasta bake with loads of crispy cheese on top. Hmmmmm. My partner has a stressful job, so is usually not home till 7 at the earliest, and we try to eat as early as possible.

Im partial to alot of Vodka and SL tonics, which i know is good, and try to lay off the ales i like so much. I suffer with my gut more than anything else, im not fat anywhere else, just my waist. So any helpful tips. I do have a gym membership, but hardly use it,which i know is BAD.

well i guess im not slow

I found that I ate food too quickly (I'd finish my dinner when the girlfriend wasn't even half way done), when I started to pace myself my food portions went down quite a bit. I don't know if that's worth a try? I'm not sure if there is any science behind it but I guess the extra time gives your stomach a chance to register what's going on.

well i guess im not slow

I found that I ate food too quickly (I'd finish my dinner when the girlfriend wasn't even half way done), when I started to pace myself my food portions went down quite a bit. I don't know if that's worth a try? I'm not sure if there is any science behind it but I guess the extra time gives your stomach a chance to register what's going on.

I'm a proper slow eater, I can take hours over food :lol:

We both also eat very quickly. Lol

On a side note, You Tube, How Animals Eat Their Food,it will make you laugh.

Im going to try to hit the gym 3x a week for the next 2 weeks while we are on shut down, as well as lay off the RB and chocolate raisins.

i notice alot are rice dishes i thought rice was as bad as pasta?

Rice isn't wheat based like pasta, that's why Asians who have a rice based diet live long, thin lives (Japanese live longest but that could be down to needing more time to drive quality cars) and Westerners who live on pasta and bread get fat.