calories :(

StevoD

this pic is a bit out of date as i have lost a bit more weight and bulked up a little bit but you will get the idea

on the left if from the woodman meet earlier this year (beginning of feb) and on the right is about a month ago

thenandnow_zpse023e3f5.jpg

• Like 5

this pic is a bit out of date as i have lost a bit more weight and bulked up a little bit but you will get the idea

on the left if from the woodman meet earlier this year (beginning of feb) and on the right is about a month ago

That's a big difference mate! Good work! :thumbs:

• Like 1

im 6ft 4 tall so am never going to be a featherweight but for me its not about the weight its about how i look and feel. i know as i train i will and have put on muscle so the true loss of fat weight is hard to judge. its not a diet.... its a lifestyle change

I did intermittent fasting for a while and it really does work.

Did and 8 and 16, which means my eating window was 8 hours and the remaining 16 hours no food, just fluids (water, coffee or tea)

Tend to do carbs early part of window and no carbs in latter part and making sure i had caloric deficit, i.e. take in less calorie than i would burn in a day.

Doing the job i do did obviously help too, which is manual labour.

yes it can be tough, but the result is worth it.

for some inspiration, look up the Hodgetwins channels on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7FP6UyeIEiqvrvpw8nFRnw

Is this thread a windup???

Man eating chocolate, scoffing carbs late at night who does no exercise wonders why he's putting on weight!?!? :lol:

People over complicate diets/losing weight, all most people need to do is;

Reduce alcohol intake or cut it out totally

No takeaways, sweets, chocolate, crisps etc just eat regular normal meals

Exercise for 30mins+ a day

Don't eat past 6pm, especially not heavy carb based meals

Oh i should point out - that weight loss is with ZERO exercise too.

Yes but without exercise your muscles and your organs are not getting used efficiently and your body is going into starvation mode. these fad diets only last so long and then they will have a counter-effect.

If you lose too much weight too quickly, you'll be left with a lot of loose skin which will look even worse and is harder to tone up.

You need to have an equal balance of diet, exercise AND rest.

You don't have to be a bodybuilder to lift weights at the gym, at the end of the day it will only make you stronger and healthier overall. Same with cardio - you don't have to be a long distance runner, but it will keep your heart running better. Just like your zed's engine ;)

Agree with all of that, but in a perfect world.

In my life at least, i'm 'too busy' to dedicate lots of time to exercise, and i'm also very limited in what i can do due to a permanent spinal injury. I also know that i like my bad foods too much, so i could never stick to a healthy diet.

So from where i'm sat, on Keto i get the best of both worlds.

If its annoying you big time then I would recommend the Cambridge diet. My mate was loosing stone after stone in a very short period of time. It wont be pretty and you should get some tablets to replace some of things you will be lacking by not eating as much, like iron.

Then when the weights off just go a run once a week and it should be easier to maintain :thumbs:

My neighbour sells these, and has tried it and lost a ridiculous amount of weight very quickly. He felt like crap though for weeks on end, light headed, lacked energy, couldnt do his normal activities, couldnt even ride his bike. Its a crash weight loss approach but its not a nice way of doing it from what I can see.

What is better is to fundamentally change bits of your life in stages, you wont be able to swap out all of your current sugar and carb intakes in one hit - and in actual fact will make you hate doing it and chances are the second you lose the weight you will revert back to the naughty stuff. Just decide for a week to not eat that chocolate bar and buy some fruit instead, the following week walk the long way to work, etc - just some thoughts, whatever you end up doing make sure its your decision, your body after all!

• Like 1

Is this thread a windup???

Man eating chocolate, scoffing carbs late at night who does no exercise wonders why he's putting on weight!?!? :lol:

People over complicate diets/losing weight, all most people need to do is;

Reduce alcohol intake or cut it out totally , NO!!! :scare:

No takeaways, sweets, chocolate, crisps etc just eat regular normal meals, WHAT NEVER!!! :wacko:

Exercise for 30mins+ a day :teeth:

Don't eat past 6pm, especially not heavy carb based meals Would have to eat in the car then on way home.. :wacko:

I dont eat AM, gym twice a week`ish, `watch' what I eat (crap etc) but drink loads!! :p lifes for living,, im 6`1 212Lbs so not especially lardy..

What is better is to fundamentally change bits of your life in stages, you wont be able to swap out all of your current sugar and carb intakes in one hit - and in actual fact will make you hate doing it and chances are the second you lose the weight you will revert back to the naughty stuff. Just decide for a week to not eat that chocolate bar and buy some fruit instead, the following week walk the long way to work, etc - just some thoughts, whatever you end up doing make sure its your decision, your body after all!

everyone is different, for me i just ut the lot out straight away! i felt rubbish for 2 weeks then my body adjusted and i have felt better and better since. for me i have to cut it out completely as i cant say ok i will just have 1 chocolate bar this week or 1 sweet drink that day as it snowballs into what harm can t do to have another... for me it was best to just draw a line and say 'no more'

by the way i totally agree with the do what works for you line Col... no point forcing something that wont work long term as you just wont stick to it

Edited by SteveM

everyone is different, for me i just ut the lot out straight away! i felt rubbish for 2 weeks then my body adjusted and i have felt better and better since. for me i have to cut it out completely as i cant say ok i will just have 1 chocolate bar this week or 1 sweet drink that day as it snowballs into what harm can t do to have another... for me it was best to just draw a line and say 'no more'

I guess you have to be honest about your own willpower on how aggressive you go at it! :teeth:

• Like 1

Don't eat past 6pm

Errr? Where did you get that from.

Also nothing wrong with asking for advice, that's the first step to the right path surely. Why berate someone for trying to seek help.

Hi my names Matt, and I'm an alcoholic.

Top top effort Steve, saw you at the London Motor Museum I think, earlier this year, wouldn't have recognised you in the street now!!
  • Like 1

Don't eat past 6pm

Errr? Where did you get that from.

Also nothing wrong with asking for advice, that's the first step to the right path surely. Why berate someone for trying to seek help.

Hi my names Matt, and I'm an alcoholic.

Gambling addict, Say what :D

Actually that's pretty accurate for me :lol:

I guess you have to be honest about your own willpower on how aggressive you go at it! :teeth:

Think this is my major issue of getting the ball rolling once i see a difference im sure the will power will raise, just been to get them first wheels turning

Snap! I've been paying for the gym for about 3months now, been for a swim twice...

Oh i should point out - that weight loss is with ZERO exercise too.

Yes but without exercise your muscles and your organs are not getting used efficiently and your body is going into starvation mode. these fad diets only last so long and then they will have a counter-effect.

If you lose too much weight too quickly, you'll be left with a lot of loose skin which will look even worse and is harder to tone up.

You need to have an equal balance of diet, exercise AND rest.

You don't have to be a bodybuilder to lift weights at the gym, at the end of the day it will only make you stronger and healthier overall. Same with cardio - you don't have to be a long distance runner, but it will keep your heart running better. Just like your zed's engine ;)

Agree with all of that, but in a perfect world.

In my life at least, i'm 'too busy' to dedicate lots of time to exercise, and i'm also very limited in what i can do due to a permanent spinal injury. I also know that i like my bad foods too much, so i could never stick to a healthy diet.

So from where i'm sat, on Keto i get the best of both worlds.

Ah sorry to hear about your injury mate - have you considered yoga or light aerobics? Obviously only if the spinal injury allows :)

Think this is my major issue of getting the ball rolling once i see a difference im sure the will power will raise, just been to get them first wheels turning

would peer pressure / public honesty help?

start a thread with what weight you are and weekly update it with your highs and lows and weight level. you will get support and encouragement from loads of us on here and it could help you keep that goal in sight

would peer pressure / public honesty help?

start a thread with what weight you are and weekly update it with your highs and lows and weight level. you will get support and encouragement from loads of us on here and it could help you keep that goal in sight

That's not bad idea! Another thing that might help is a thread with more people getting involved.

I.e. 5 people start, and it can become a little competitive to make sure you keep up with everyone else etc. And that way you wont be singled out either.