Wheel & tyre sizes - help!

anglais49

Argh, confused!

I'm changing the wheels and tyres on my Z and am now thoroughly confused about sizes and fittings.

Right now I have:

Wheels - 18" Rota GTR

Front - 225/40/18

Rear - 245/45/18

What are the standard wheel fitting sizes front and rear? I've seen 18x8, 18x8.5, 18x9 all listed. Why are there different sizes? Concerned that if I buy the wrong ones, my new wheels won't fit...

I want 19" wheels and don't know whether that's x8, x8.5 or x9, but also the tyre sizes will change....

The only options on Camskill for the tyres I want are:

225/40/19

235/35/19

255/35/19

...but should the profile not be different for the 235 to the 255?

Elsewhere, the 255 comes in /30, /35, /40 or /50....

I was going to put 235 front and 255 rear, but is that where I would need the different x8.5 or x9 wheels?

Edited by anglais49

Hi Mitz,

The wheels I'm still shopping around, but one reason I've not settled on a set is some are 19x8, some 19x8.5 and some 19x9. I don't want to settle on one that won't fit!

Tyres are Vredestein Sessanta, but Camskill doesn't have those in 245 or 275... LoveTyres has every size under the sun, so at least I can get 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 from them. But will they fit any of the different sizes of wheel?

Seriously anglais49 Mitz sorted me out with a great alloy wheel & tyre package so I'd have a word to see what he can do for you.

Much easier getting everything from one place all fitted and ready to go ~ plus the service from the Cougar Store was first class. :thumbs:

Hi Mitz,

The wheels I'm still shopping around, but one reason I've not settled on a set is some are 19x8, some 19x8.5 and some 19x9. I don't want to settle on one that won't fit!

Tyres are Vredestein Sessanta, but Camskill doesn't have those in 245 or 275... LoveTyres has every size under the sun, so at least I can get 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 from them. But will they fit any of the different sizes of wheel?

You can't choose tyres before you've chosen your wheels.That would be like buying a pair of shoes for a friend when you don't know what size feet they are.

You need to find the wheels you want and then post on the forum and ask if they fit etc.

• Like 1

Hi Mitz,

You can't choose tyres before you've chosen your wheels.That would be like buying a pair of shoes for a friend when you don't know what size feet they are.

You need to find the wheels you want and then post on the forum and ask if they fit etc.

I'd choose my friend based on the size of his feet ;)

The Vredestein Sessanta tyres come in a million different sizes, I'm sure I'll be able to find some to fit whatever wheels I buy. I understand tyre sizes, it's the wheel sizes that confuse me...

1.) Will 19x8, 19x8.5 and 19.9 wheels all fit on my car without any modifications required?

2.) What effect does the x8, x8.5 and x9 size have on tyres? Will I need to buy different sized tyres depending on those wheel measurements? None of the tyres I've looked at quote that size...

Hi Mitz,

I'd choose my friend based on the size of his feet ;)

The Vredestein Sessanta tyres come in a million different sizes, I'm sure I'll be able to find some to fit whatever wheels I buy. I understand tyre sizes, it's the wheel sizes that confuse me...

1.) Will 19x8, 19x8.5 and 19.9 wheels all fit on my car without any modifications required?

2.) What effect does the x8, x8.5 and x9 size have on tyres? Will I need to buy different sized tyres depending on those wheel measurements? None of the tyres I've looked at quote that size...

think you're missing my point.

( yes my wheels aren't on, but I did a lot of research on the sizes to fit my arches)

You need to look into offsets not just the width of the wheels.

As you said tyres come in all different sizes. So they are irrelevant right now. You need to find wheels that fit and then go from there with tyre sizes.

I could tell you go buy 245/40/18 tyres... But that could be too small or completely wrong for what ever wheel you choose.

#teamtarmac

You're doing it back to front... Go find a wheel you like in the size you like and then come back here and we (in the loosest sense of the word) will help you with the tyre size? You are making a lot of work for yourself trying to find a wheel to fit the tyre.. :lol:

it is all a bit daunting the wheel thing if you don't know but we cant really give any advise until you choose the wheels

like grundy has said 19x9 might fit they might not as every wheel has a different offset until we know the wheel we can get the offset which means we have no idea if your wheel will fit

as a rule

19x8,19x8.5,19x9 will all fit but it depends on which wheel you want

I want to find the wheel first, I just needed to make sure that the wheel will fit on the car!

If 8, 8.5 and 9 will all fit on the car as standard then happy days, I'll go choose one!

Cheers

find the wheel you want send us a link and well tell you if they will fit

also if your arnt aware you need a PCD of 5x114