Wheel & tyre sizes - help!

anglais49

I want to find the wheel first, I just needed to make sure that the wheel will fit on the car!

If 8, 8.5 and 9 will all fit on the car as standard then happy days, I'll go choose one!

Cheers

find the wheel you want send us a link and well tell you if they will fit

also if your arnt aware you need a PCD of 5x114

Why spacers? is that for any 275/9-wide rear?

I want to find the wheel first, I just needed to make sure that the wheel will fit on the car!

If 8, 8.5 and 9 will all fit on the car as standard then happy days, I'll go choose one!

Cheers

Dude seriously, listen to the advice you are given.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but have you bought after market wheels before?

You are asking ALL the WRONG questions when looking for new wheels.

Cheers

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but have you bought after market wheels before?

It's ironic that his name means "English" in French and he's clearly having a hard time understanding English.

Cela rendra plus facile?

Cheers

Check out the link i posted, loads of info with what sizes people are running.

Minimum widths i would say are 8 front 9 rears, but you wont fit a 275 on a 9, 8.5 and 9.5 to run a 245 front & 275 rear.

It's ironic that his name means "English" in French and he's clearly having a hard time understanding English.

Cela rendra plus facile?

Let me start by stating that I appreciate peoples' best intentions to offer help on this forum. it's such a great resource for all things Z that I overlook any condescension, patronisation and snide, self-inflating sarcasm and smugness of superior knowledge I encounter along the way without a second thought. Well, until now at least...

The advice I'm being given is not answering the questions I'm asking. I understand what's being said, it's just no more relevant to me than replying with tomorrow's weather forecast. That doesn't mean I fail to comprehend the message.

I clearly have a different approach to most here and that's ok with me, I don't claim to be in a majority. I just hoped I would still be able to get some advice even if I'm not going about things exactly as everyone here would themselves.

I don't care about wheels, they don't interest me, they're just the bits of metal that sit inside the tyres. They're not performance parts, I don't care who makes them, what width they are, or about any other wheel-related facts or figures. As long as I find a set that I think look alright, that's good enough for me. The choice of wheel is not leading this project.

On the other hand, I do know exactly which tyres I want to run and roughly what size I want them to be. I just need to make sure to buy wheels that will take Vredestein Sessantas, and that I know which spec tyres to fit to said wheels.

If Mitz reckons 19" wheels are best suited to 245/35 front and 275/35 rear, that's good enough for me - he's always been spot on in my experience (though I have been recommended to go 275/30 at the rear).

I've since been helpfully advised (from elsewhere) that 245 front tyres best suit 8-9" wide wheels, and 275 rears suit 9-10" wide. I don't like stretched tyres so would stick to the bottom of the range for each. It has also been suggested that I shouldn't have any problems fitting those widths inside standard arches.

I had no idea what a PCD of 5x114 is, that is not jargon I've heard before - apologies if that demeans me in this exalted company. I Googled it and something to do with spacers came up, apparently erroneously. On further inspection, it appears to be the pattern and size of the nuts. The wheels I'm looking at all claim to be 5x114, so I seem to be on the right lines there (assuming they just left out the .3), so thank you for that guidance.

If anyone has any other helpful advice on any of the above, I will welcome it warmly. If anyone has more patronising sarcasm, I will welcome it less.

• Like 1

Cheers

Check out the link i posted, loads of info with what sizes people are running.

Minimum widths i would say are 8 front 9 rears, but you wont fit a 275 on a 9, 8.5 and 9.5 to run a 245 front & 275 rear.

Cheers, it was most useful!

Was trying to help you, speaking from someone who made a bad decision with wheels that don't fit!

So many things wrong with what you just wrote

What ever.

Edited by grundy225

Let me start by stating that I appreciate peoples' best intentions to offer help on this forum. it's such a great resource for all things Z that I overlook any condescension, patronisation and snide, self-inflating sarcasm and smugness of superior knowledge I encounter along the way without a second thought. Well, until now at least...

The advice I'm being given is not answering the questions I'm asking. I understand what's being said, it's just no more relevant to me than replying with tomorrow's weather forecast. That doesn't mean I fail to comprehend the message.

im going to be honest as i think ive tired to help and hope i have, but your questions are unanswerable without more information,

bit like me asking will a tank fit in my garage, you would need to know the size of the garage and the size of the tank, you just asking will 19x8.5/9/9.5 wheels fit is only give us the size of the tank we need the offset number or the make and model of the wheel to obtain this number ( ie the garage size) to give you any help at all, and asking about tyre before this point doesnt work either as you need the wheel sizes to get the correct tyre size

Edited by StevoD

im going to be honest as i think ive tired to help and hope i have, but your questions are unanswerable without more information,

bit like me asking will a tank fit in my garage, you would need to know the size of the garage and the size of the tank, you just asking will 19x8.5/9/9.5 wheels fit is only give us the size of the tank we need the offset number or the make and model of the wheel to obtain this number ( ie the garage size) to give you any help at all, and asking about tyre before this point doesnt work either as you need the wheel sizes to get the correct tyre size

No, you have helped, cheers. I just can't give details about wheels if I don't have them.... Think I've settled on a set now though, 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear. I'm led to believe that the 245/35 and 275/35or30 tyres should fit fine, or at least the people I'm buying both the wheels and the tyres from will advise on fitting sizes anyway, so should all work out. Thanks!

Was trying to help you, speaking from someone who made a bad decision with wheels that don't fit!

So many things wrong with what you just wrote

What ever.

The patronising sarcasm part was not aimed at you

Okay, I take my post back.

We're trying to help

but in the least patronising way of saying this, if you knew about wheel and tyres you wouldn't of started this thread.

That's why we are trying to gather more information and advise you to choose a wheel 1st and then we can tell you what size tyre you need.

Say for instance you choose an 11J rear wheel with +8 Offset. Yes you could have a 275 tyre on there, but it will stick outside of the Arch.

So this is why we need information before we can help.

Yes Mitz has said so and so sizes work, but that's if you go with the wheels he supplies etc.

in the least patronising way of saying this, if you knew about wheel and tyres you wouldn't of started this thread.

I couldn't agree more, if I knew anything about them I wouldn't have needed to start a thread!

That's why we are trying to gather more information and advise you to choose a wheel 1st and then we can tell you what size tyre you need.

Say for instance you choose an 11J rear wheel with +8 Offset. Yes you could have a 275 tyre on there, but it will stick outside of the Arch.

Yes Mitz has said so and so sizes work, but that's if you go with the wheels he supplies etc.

The ones I'm looking at say offset: ET40 front & rear (no idea what that means)

No sign of any number like 11J - what's that called and I'll ask about it?

Cheers!

Edited by anglais49

Just fyi in case it helps;

I'm running Rota Grids ~

Front: 245/35/19 - 9.5J - ET20

Rear: 275/35/19 - 10.5J - ET20

All supplied by Mitz and all fitting on my 2003 Zed with no rubbing issues/fitment issues at all. ;)

Cheers!

So no need for 30 profile rears? There was talk running lower if the rear is wider...

in the least patronising way of saying this, if you knew about wheel and tyres you wouldn't of started this thread.

I couldn't agree more, if I knew anything about them I wouldn't have needed to start a thread!

The ones I'm looking at say offset: ET40 front & rear (no idea what that means)

No sign of any number like 11J - what's that called and I'll ask about it?

Cheers!

et40 might not fit over your brakes as the mounting face is to close to the spokes with et40

11j is the 95j in 19x9.5 its the width of the wheel in inches

I'm running Rota Grids ~

All supplied by Mitz and all fitting on my 2003 Zed with no rubbing issues/fitment issues at all. ;)

Cheers!

So no need for 30 profile rears? There was talk running lower if the rear is wider...

tyre profile is subject to the wdith

if the tyre is 275/35/18 the tyre is 275mm wide and the profile is 35% of the width(275mm) high does that make sense?

so a 35 on a 245 is smaller than a 35 on a 275

Edited by StevoD

As it hasn't been mentioned (and I am trying to help here), the profile is important because if you get it wrong, the traction control throws a fit

although ive fitted the sizes people quote on here and got issue and the size i had fitted got told it doesnt work and worked fine :dry:

Edited by StevoD

I'm running Rota Grids ~

Cheers!

No need for it at all imo.

Mitz suggested my tyre sizes and they run great on my Zed without causing any issues with the traction control or anything.