Engine is hot like hell ,car drives fine,no warning lights!

Dashurik

Hi guys!

Just a bit concerned,may be everything is fine ,but still I rather ask you .

I was in Cotswolds Villages for couples days,done lots of spiritual driving on B roads.Car was driving fine ,no probs.Came late last night,car was filthy outside,but too late to wash it.

An hour ago I took it to the car wash,7 min driving,all the time I was in there car was running and air con on.When Guys finished my car ,one of them asked if I came from far away,cause my bonnet was too hot.

I came home open it and inside is ****ing hot,everything I touch is not possible to leave hands on.Car drives fine,no weird noises,no dashboards warning lights.

Is that normal for zed or something is wrong?

I do my maintenance at Slys garage ,but thought I ask you here before I speak to him.Thx

Probably normal

What does the temp gauge say ???????????

Only goes half way as usual! No jumping to H zone..

Then I would imagine that it will be fine.

The bonnet does tend to get hot with the heat soak from the engine bay.

edit: As a safety precaution just check that both cooling fans are coming on.

Edited by ZMANALEX

Mines when running for a while or using ...vigorously ...you can see the 'heat wave' on the bonnet sometimes haha. Bonnet should be warm, just as said keep an eye on temps and fans :thumbs:

Leaving the engine running at standstill for some 7 minutes and if the a/c was on, is bound to generate a fair bit of heat at today's temperatures, but if oil/water guages are showing normal then al OK, I would say