Hello

Hi

On the lookout for a 350z in the north west area (Wirral\Liverpool) but here is the catch I need to find one tomorrow lol as I've just dropped my car off at the scrap yard - having oil pressure problems but its been on its way out for a while now so guess its fate rushing me into buying a 350z as I've been saving up for one for a while :)

If you know any anyone selling in the Wirral\Liverpool area or of any that are for sale let me know - budget is £8k max

I've found these 2 below - prefer the first one as its less mileage and a later model but is at the top of my budget

http://www.autotrade...1b465?logcode=p

http://www.autotrade...ars?logcode=flp

cheers

Edited by psmurphy

I always like to think you get what you pay for (I know that's not always accurate) so aiming for something at the higher end of the budget should be less prone to any problems (At least, that's how it works in my head) :)

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forum :)

Edited by Steel Lynx

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I've gone and paid the deposit on the 2nd one - due to my circumstances (see my first post) I would have literally £40 till pay day if I went for the more expensive one and they also wouldn't have the car ready till *maybe* mid next week, I need a car to get to work on Monday so the cheaper, older and higher mileage one it has to be as they will do a service \ MOT tomorrow and if they need parts then fair enough I will take Monday off as holiday from work

Can't honestly say I feel excited at the moment (more knackered lol) as its been a bit hectic today but one I've driven it to work I'm sure I'll be grinning - on the test drive it drove well and sounded great

Few newbie questions;

Do 350s have fan belts or are they chain driven

Did some 2005 (55) models not come with a center console - mine doesnt' have one just a hole - but this means less weight :)

I do plan to mod my z - think some rotas first then a visit to TDI-north (Paul & co) and have a chat with them to sort out engine breathing and a revup map along with some subtle exterior mods, ultimately I want to turbo it and do track days as I had a track day R33 GTST skyline which I broke for parts a few years ago and have been kart racing since (Rotax Max) but selling the kart now which will give me funds for the z ;)

Edited by psmurphy

Few newbie questions;

Do 350s have fan belts or are they chain driven

Did some 2005 (55) models not come with a center console - mine doesnt' have one just a hole - but this means less weight :)

I do plan to mod my z - think some rotas first then a visit to TDI-north (Paul & co) and have a chat with them to sort out engine breathing and a revup map along with some subtle exterior mods, ultimately I want to turbo it and do track days as I had a track day R33 GTST skyline which I broke for parts a few years ago and have been kart racing since (Rotax Max) but selling the kart now which will give me funds for the z ;)

There are two belts on the 350's at the front of the engine ~ one is for Ancillary and the other A/C.

The 350 has a timing chain so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

Are you talking about the cubby hole? Like below....

sqz1.JPG

Some have Sat Navs in them and some don't. If you're planning on going the FI route then it's a perfect place for a hidden gauge or two. B)

Check out the Forced Induction area for more info on that sort of thing; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/30-forced-induction/

;)

Just got the 350z home - awesome car :)

Do I have coilovers fitted as it sits low(ish) and also how do I tell if I have an aftermarket exhaust as it sounds great but the stock one does.

It has grooved\dimpled front disks so suspect some other mods have been done but as I bought it from a bog standard garage they don't know what they've sold on - paperwork isn't telling me anything just service history and few receipts for tyres\MOTS etc

cheers

post-22637-0-97839500-1405968260_thumb.jpg

post-22637-0-96302300-1405968264_thumb.jpg

post-22637-0-91851200-1405968269_thumb.jpg

Edited by psmurphy