Ever seen a car and thought...never thought they were that quick!

Peak 370

FWD 0-60 is limited by grip, so there will never be great improvements in that.

In gear shove in the S1 will be hysterical though, and all wrapped up in a nice interior. Great little fun hatch, if not quite enough balls to the wall for my taste.

• Like 1

The 350z did 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, the 2014 370z does it in 5.3

By that logic therefore the 370z is hardly an improvement on the 350z in over ten years ;)

If you can get a 350 to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds without mashing your gearbox then you are doing well :lol:

Far more to Zeds than 0-60 imo

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 3

By that logic therefore the 370z is hardly an improvement on the 350z in over ten years ;)

If you can get a 350 to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds without mashing your gearbox then you are doing well :lol:

I think you missed my point mate :p

I think you missed my point mate :p

I rarely have a point, and don't generally look for them either :lol:

• Like 1

The 370Z, performance-wise is no big leap over the last 350. Just 17 bhp extra is the reason.

But as I found out recently, side by side, the 370Z is infinitely better and raunchier.

I was stunned at how many improvements there are. I do like the 7 speed 'box as well, which combined with more mid-range grunt makes it a quicker real roads car.

Still only 5.8 to 60 which I personally think isn't 'great' compared with the power/4WD tech.

The EP3 does it 0.6 seconds slower and that's 13 years old!

But don't forget, you lose more power through 4-wheel drive systems. I think I lose around 60 hp with my gt-four from the fly to the hubs.

The S1 is 4WD.

To be quicker to 60 (and 80) than a 350Z is a big achievement. It's a luxurious 4-pot Supermini which does 50mpg!

not really When its 4wd and auto the only thing you have to do is stamp the throttle getting a Fwd/rwd manual of the line quickly is a bigger achievement

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

The S1 is 4WD.

To be quicker to 60 (and 80) than a 350Z is a big achievement. It's a luxurious 4-pot Supermini which does 50mpg!

I very much doubt it would do 50mpg, stated ave is 40mpg and in my experience just getting the advertised 'average' in most cars is a struggle!

The S1 is 4WD.

I very much doubt it would do 50mpg, stated ave is 40mpg and in my experience just getting the advertised 'average' in most cars is a struggle!

this is true the VAg 1.4tsi twin charged this was supposed to get good MPG in reality driving it around it never really got above 30

• Like 1

The S1 is 4WD.

this is true the VAg 1.4tsi twin charged this was supposed to get good MPG in reality driving it around it never really got above 30

Like I said I have found rightly or wrongly that the 'average' is pretty much the best you will ever see unless you want to drive like a grandad :lol:

just looking again so what Audi recon its s1 with auto box and 4wd with the 2.0 tsi engine which has been in the leons cupra r golf gti etc for years will get 50mpg what a load of horse poop none of the car it was previously in had 4wd and the couldnt get anywhere near 50mpg ok the fancy 7 speed box might help but not that much unless your sittin on the motorway for 12 hours at 55mph in 7th

just looking again so what Audi recon its s1 with auto box and 4wd with the 2.0 tsi engine which has been in the leons cupra r golf gti etc for years will get 50mpg what a load of horse poop none of the car it was previously in had 4wd and the couldnt get anywhere near 50mpg ok the fancy 7 speed box might help but not that much unless your sittin on the motorway for 12 hours at 55mph in 7th

Yep pure fiction.... to be honest I think getting anything over 40 would require ballet shoes and a long motorway run!

They've stated now that those figures are only lab test ones, and that they shouldn't be taken at face value but instead used to compare between cars.

For example, you have a 320d that states 60mpg and an S1 that states 50mpg, neither will get anywhere near that but there will be 10mpg between them. So in the real world the 320d gets 40mpg, the S1 gets 30mpg. :)

Had one hand my arse to me in the 306 the other day, as Ekona says in gear looked pretty impressive :)

I also had a Corsa VXR hand my arse to me in the Zed yesterday but Im not opening that can of worms again :lol:

off topic but passed you yesteday

Had one hand my arse to me in the 306 the other day, as Ekona says in gear looked pretty impressive :)

I also had a Corsa VXR hand my arse to me in the Zed yesterday but Im not opening that can of worms again :lol:

Sounds like you like people handling your arse...... :lol:

• Like 1