Ever seen a car and thought...never thought they were that quick!

Peak 370

Very impractical but when the weather is nice, or as a track day car it's great. I am not particularly quick as a driver, nowadays, I have slowed down a fair bit compared to when I was 25, but the strengths of this little Caterham run to more than 0-60 or 0-90 as many think.

On short circuits another strength is being passed on the straight by an R8/911/GTR and simply re-taking them on the brakes.

450 kgs and brakes good enough for a car 1500 kgs mean you just watch them brake, count to 2 and brake, pretty much.

140 flat out sounds naff but is actually enough on road or track, unless it really does have very fast sections.

Quarter mile-wise it will do that 140 before the 440 yards is up. Probs 11@140?

The S1 is 4WD.

To be quicker to 60 (and 80) than a 350Z is a big achievement. It's a luxurious 4-pot Supermini which does 50mpg!

I very much doubt it would do 50mpg, stated ave is 40mpg and in my experience just getting the advertised 'average' in most cars is a struggle!

this is true the VAg 1.4tsi twin charged this was supposed to get good MPG in reality driving it around it never really got above 30

I have a 1.4 twin charged (Fabia vrs) as my daily as does my mum , we both average about 36mpg , I drive faster and harder than she does but she does more around town use , we can both get over 40mpg on a run

Mine will hit 60 in 6.6s and it dyno's at 189hp stock, it has a few handling mods and on a twisty road it would more than hold its own against a 350 on a 1/4 mile it's less than a second slower than a 350

All round they are pretty impressive for a supermini

• Like 1

I had the Seat equivalent, the Ibiza Cupra, same engine. The Seat rides a little lower than the Skoda and is a little lighter.

But a good engine. I had mine remapped, but it's the only map I have ever taken back off. It was just 1 mph quicker over a regular lights to lights sprint I do (to 80/81) than stock. Remap just didn't achieve!