Ever seen a car and thought...never thought they were that quick!

Peak 370

Had one hand my arse to me in the 306 the other day, as Ekona says in gear looked pretty impressive :)

I also had a Corsa VXR hand my arse to me in the Zed yesterday but Im not opening that can of worms again :lol:

off topic but passed you yesteday

In a milk float I take it from docwra's credentials :lol:

I think our new track BMW is in with a shout here... 230bhp does 0-60 in 6 seconds dead. best thing is it cost £1000. I challenge anyone to find a faster car for less money!

someone got a celica GT4 for under £999 in the performance mag a few years back

The 350z did 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, the 2014 370z does it in 5.3

By that logic therefore the 370z is hardly an improvement on the 350z in over ten years ;)

S1 is 11 years difference in development not 7 likes the Z's and dropping the 0-60 by 0.6 seconds in the 5 second bracket is a lot harder than the 6 second bracket.

So therefore my logic has been saved ;)

The 350z did 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, the 2014 370z does it in 5.3

By that logic therefore the 370z is hardly an improvement on the 350z in over ten years ;)

S1 is 11 years difference in development not 7 likes the Z's and dropping the 0-60 by 0.6 seconds in the 5 second bracket is a lot harder than the 6 second bracket.

So therefore my logic has been saved ;)

Is the S1 smaller than the Golf R? as isnt that 0-60 basically the same as the larger golf R

The Golf R is now 296 bhp from 2 litres. Rated best HH ever by many journos.

4.9 to 60 with the twin clutch.

My pal's stock A45AMG does it n 4.3 on a good day.

From 1991cc!!

That is Lamborghini Gallardo territory.

Edited by Peak 370

Weight. Emissions. Fuel consumption. Noise. Slow-ish compared with small HH rockets now.

Won't happen!

But I had a phase 2 Clio V6 in blue and it was lush.

Aftermarket pipes made it LOUD.

Nice car but seen off by many 2-litre HHs.

I just wish they'd do a new Clio V6. I like the style of the new one, and with the 3.7L V6 from the 370Z in there mounted midships that would be superb.

Completely impractical, but superb.

Korr, I test drove the S1 (considerably worse than the S2) and was left totally defaulted by the whole experience, got straight back in my S2000 and left a happier man, I even wanted to like the Clio, that's how much of a let down it was for me.

New Clio with a VQ engine would be cool to see though.

I know it'd never happen, and I know it probably wouldn't actually be that good to drive, but I think it would be an occasion and for me, that's good enough.

Wasn't that the whole point of the Clio V6 ??

:lol:

• Like 1

I remember the first time I saw one, with side intakes big enough to suck up kittens, no rear seats and thought........DAFUQ, WANT.

There's a yellow, phase 2 V6 just over the road from me, he keeps it well and I do look at it often in that 'hot girl over the road' way.

off topic but passed you yesterday

Everyone was passing me yesterday it seems :lol: What were you driving, not a red Z33 was it?

Sounds like you like people handling your arse...... :lol:

I enjoy handing peoples arses to them more TBF ....... the Gallardo vs Evo encounter was a fun one ;)

0-60 means nothing these days, its about quarters:

2012 Corsa VXR: 15.0

2012 Astra VXR: 14.1

350Z (DE): 13.9

350Z (HR): 13.5

370Z: 13.5

Golf R: 13.5

Audi S1 (400m): 14.3

A45 AMG: 12.9

And for laughs ...........

2014 Cayman S: 12.9

2007 Cayman S: 13.2

2005 996 C2: 13.6

2014 M235i: 12.9

1993 Jag XKR: 15.0

2010 Jaguar XKR: 13.0

VX220 Turbot: 13.6

2013 GTR: 11.2

And finally .........

2014 Caterham R500: 11.4

Edited by docwra

I wonder what my Caterham would do in the quarter? 265 bhp. Just under 450kgs. 13" Minilites (down from 15s) to lower the gearing and also lower the driven weight.

At North Weald it was timed at 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 0-100 in 6.7.

Edited by Peak 370

What will it top out at? If the gearing is that low (0-100 in 6.7 is pretty short) then I imagine youd be flat out well before the 1/4 mark ...........

Quick bit of investigation shows an R500 Superlight will do 0-100 in 7.0s and less than 200m, quarter comes up in 11.58 @ 119mph when top speed is 150 - that sounds like a long top gear to me :)

• Like 1