I'm obviously in the wrong job.....

sipar69

Never been a huge fan, aye if someone gave me one or one came up at a killer price I'd get it.

But for the money I'd prefer other cars.

curious in the second hand market you can pick on up for 35k now other than a GTR what else would you have

Not sure I get this 'it's an Audi' business. Aren't our cars 'just a Nissan'?

It's not my dream car but coming back from a run this morning it looked gorgeous in the early morning sun. To be honest, much as I love my Nismo, I wouldn't take much persuading to swap.

If you put the Audi code: ACKK2480 into their R8 configurator, I've built the V10 manual, with the specs I can tell from that picture, haven't added anything else in to bump the price.

His car benefit charge from now until the end of the 2014/15 tax year is roughly £30,308.00 :lol:

That would likely go up, as I bet he has some juicy accessories too :lol:

If you put the Audi code: ACKK2480 into their R8 configurator, I've built the V10 manual, with the specs I can tell from that picture, haven't added anything else in to bump the price.

His car benefit charge from now until the end of the 2014/15 tax year is roughly £30,308.00 :lol:

curious as i know it happened at marshal's sales staff would just take demo cars home will be registered to the dealer but they would just take what ever car home each night/weekend would they still have to pay company car tax ?

Never been a huge fan, aye if someone gave me one or one came up at a killer price I'd get it.

But for the money I'd prefer other cars.

curious in the second hand market you can pick on up for 35k now other than a GTR what else would you have

Never really looked at the price, It's just one of those cars I don't go thinking to my self, I'm going to save up until one day I can buy it etc.

If I had 'Ex-amount of money' Think I'd rather a classic car over this and spend the extra cash on making it faster than the R8,

curious as i know it happened at marshal's sales staff would just take demo cars home will be registered to the dealer but they would just take what ever car home each night/weekend would they still have to pay company car tax ?

Pretty much yeah, they should pay tax on it. There's certain rules HMRC have which allow use of "Pool" cars for business use only, but they'd throw a lot of them out on the fact that commuting to and from work counts as private use, let alone using it at the weekend and/or carrying friends/family etc.

Think the guy told me he used work for Porsche - used to have a Cayman R which was also quite nice. I'm quite surprised by some of the negative reactions to this car. I can understand people might buy something different with the money etc but it's still a very tasty car and the manual box would make it even more attractive to me. Horses for courses I guess, but I certainly wouldn't say "no" to it. I really like the colour too. :)

• Like 1

It is just an Audi.

BUT WITH A MID-MOUNTED V10 AND ONE OF THE NICEST MANUAL 'BOXES YOU'LL EVER FIND

Aside from the tiny boot space, I think they're ace.

+1. B)

Would absolutely love one of these. ;) Wouldn't care if it was made by Lada providing it still sounded like the below video....

• Like 1

I honestly think, if I was going to spend my own hard earned, I'd buy a McLaren. Part of that is because I live round the corner from the factory and I see them all the time, and what the company do for my local area, so I have a bit of an affinity towards them.

However if someone gave me an R8, I'd be mega chuffed, especially in that colour! I don't really like the R8 V8, it's nice but I think it's a bit over priced for what it is (In comparison to what else is available for similar money.) The V10 and V10+ though is what I think the R8 always should have been.

• Like 1