350z(04) vs mx-5(07)

xStric9x

Some dude tried to blitz me in his mx-5(oh dear). Took the zed to a healthy speed and kept it there, he had caught up with me by the time we got to the lights and shrugged his shoulders as if to say is that all ya got :D Some people.... i dunno :wacko:

kinda wish he had followed me onto the bypass, and then it would have been farewell my friend.

Anybody else with any similar storys?

Every single day. Especially in the city when there's more than one lane. Every standard @*!# car has to go for it. I stick to the speed limit and they think they are great passing me at 35-40. Muppets. Then there's the constant tailgating and people running the lights just to get ahead.

Guy

Is there such a thing as a Celica Twin Turbo?

A Celica with a descreet TT badge on it's back end played with me a few months ago. Well, sort of. He was 50-100yds ahead and obviously floored it. To be honest I reckon he could have beaten me but without really trying I don't know for sure (it was wet and I'm not that keen on going 120+ on a wet road - private or not - ;)that I know has aquaplane potential)....

Anyway, it did seem pretty pokey.

Had a Renault Clio tailgate me on the road from Bala to Trawsfyndd until i presed the "warp speed Mr Sulu" pedal. :lol:

But other than that not much else, must be the Yellow that makes it look faster than the other colour's, so people don't bother. :p;)

Is there such a thing as a Celica Twin Turbo?

A Celica with a descreet TT badge on it's back end played with me a few months ago. Well, sort of. He was 50-100yds ahead and obviously floored it. To be honest I reckon he could have beaten me but without really trying I don't know for sure (it was wet and I'm not that keen on going 120+ on a wet road - private or not - ;)that I know has aquaplane potential)....

Anyway, it did seem pretty pokey.

Note sure but they do have a TTE supercharger conversion available for the VVTi engine, could have been that? My sis has the Tsport Corrolla (same 180bhp engine) and it wouldn't stand a chance in a straight line.

But saying that, its not all about speed. I enjoy the bends just as much.

Had a Renault Clio tailgate me on the road from Bala to Trawsfyndd until i presed the "warp speed Mr Sulu" pedal. :lol:

But other than that not much else, must be the Yellow that makes it look faster than the other colour's, so people don't bother. :p;)

Get the occasional 'boy racer' obviously wanting to try to prove something but its never on for a road race - 'quickest' way to clink :scare: As other have said say, once you get to a bit of winding road you quickly lose the wannabes anyway. ;)

What I do find is that when I'm in Mrs Ebized's Jazz that does attract far more tailgators - the mentality of some out there who decide to intimdate what they perceive as slow-uns is pathetic :mad: . I would rather pull over and let them go and not involve me in their accident.

Yeah, I thought the corner thing too......

Was poodling behind an Evo MR FQ-blinding fast seeing how many gear changes it was before I couldn't read his number plate, when my rear view mirror was full of white.

I couldn't believe it when I focussed on what it was. Pulled over and spoke to him, a Nova with 215bhp with uprated brakes, suspensions, gearbox and clutch makes for a potent challenger. He did acknowledge that the Zed was 'f*&king fast' though. B)

Beware of the stealth warrior..... I've got an old Max Power somewhere with a guy in his mid fifties who manage to get a 2.2 litre Cosworth turbo lump in a Nova and he used to go out blitzing anything. Completely standard to the casual observer too! Nuts!

had a little play with a audi tt the other week, one that as a black roof and grey body, special edition ? (dunno the model name), absolutely nothing in it got side by side on a dual carriageway, both floored it and we were both neck n neck until i let him go as it was getting to very silly speeds ;)

he flashed his hazards, i waved and flashed and we both went on our way :)

Got quite a few....but the funniest (well for me anyway) was when I was getting followed by a newish Punto on the A580 heading into Manchester.

It was wet and we were going round a big right hander, with a slip road coming down onto the main carriageway just as the road starts to straighten, felt the esp kick in a bit as the front end's line tighten ever so slightly (was very slight btw, no excessive speed involved) and I saw this flash of blue in my rearview mirror, yep the Punto was changing direction - BIG TIME! Looked back in the rearview when I'd straightened up thinking that the idiot was heading back up the slip road the wrong way only to see it hit the wall head on, he'd obviously lost it on the bend.

Was heading back an hour or so later and saw the Punto getting winched onto a recovery truck, all the airbags were out and it was a proper mess :scare:

Rang the Police when I got back to the office and was told all the occupants were completely ok. Then I could have a really good laugh about it :lol:

Pulsar GTI-R on the way to a show a few months back. From a standing start I got killed once rolling though, I was faster. The Pulsar has got a few issues though :blush:

I have a mate who is doing up his brothers Pulsar and all I can say is they are fast as f00k! We went out in it when it had a bent cam and I think it would compeletly blow away the Zed. This Pulsar was kicking out around 350BHP apparently when running properly and in the wet there definately would be no contest due to 4WD.

I had a play with a RS4 the first week I had the Zed, and it really showed how much playing with people is down to the drivers and not the car. He hammered away from the lights, but once we hit some twisties I cought him up and overtook him. He was definately trying, but that car should have blown me away. Also had a bit of a drag with a Carrera on the way to V festival at the weekend. I was amazed at how little distance he pulled to 70MPH, then he took off over speeds I was willing to do. Astonished as the GT3 I saw at Bedford was stupily quick!

Pulsar GTI-R on the way to a show a few months back. From a standing start I got killed once rolling though, I was faster. The Pulsar has got a few issues though :blush:

I have a mate who is doing up his brothers Pulsar and all I can say is they are fast as f00k! We went out in it when it had a bent cam and I think it would compeletly blow away the Zed. This Pulsar was kicking out around 350BHP apparently when running properly and in the wet there definately would be no contest due to 4WD.

I had a play with a RS4 the first week I had the Zed, and it really showed how much playing with people is down to the drivers and not the car. He hammered away from the lights, but once we hit some twisties I cought him up and overtook him. He was definately trying, but that car should have blown me away. Also had a bit of a drag with a Carrera on the way to V festival at the weekend. I was amazed at how little distance he pulled to 70MPH, then he took off over speeds I was willing to do. Astonished as the GT3 I saw at Bedford was stupily quick!

The Pulsar Gti-r are one of the quickest accelerating modified cars so no surprise their, i just find them butt ugly :wacko:

I had abit of a tussle with a new Alfa Brera V6 the other day and found it pretty easy. I thought he'd be quicker anyway. I also had abit of a drag with a Carrera too but it was very even. I was following and he didnt pull away at all which surprised me too. With the sheer weight of the Zed it struggles accelerating, especially from stand still but once upto speed i find it pretty formidable, and punches above its weight.

had a little play with a audi tt the other week, one that as a black roof and grey body, special edition ? (dunno the model name), absolutely nothing in it got side by side on a dual carriageway, both floored it and we were both neck n neck until i let him go as it was getting to very silly speeds ;)

3.2L, Carbon roof and has some of the inners ripped out I believe. Briefly looked at one before realising I wasn't a hairdresser and bought a Zed :teeth:

Definatley. His is running around 314bhp but has got a few oil problems. He was still expecting to destroy me though, he was quited gutted he couldnt :lol:

Definatley. His is running around 314bhp but has got a few oil problems. He was still expecting to destroy me though, he was quited gutted he couldnt :lol:

A mate of mine had a Pulsar running at about 320bhp with nothing in it except 2 seats. He regularly found a Lambo Murci driver in Windsor and used to blow him away. Was fun and :scare: as **** at the same time. :wacko:

3.2L, Carbon roof and has some of the inners ripped out I believe. Briefly looked at one before realising I wasn't a hairdresser and bought a Zed :teeth:

sounds like the one, thx and yes i don't like the TT either :)

My mate had a corsa (magazine featured but in CCC as it looked stock!) with a 2.1 16v vauxhall engine. Rally spec, a savage diff so it could put the power down too. It was white with black plastic bumpers and nothing else. AWESOME when he first took it to the 1/4 mile and everyone thought it was a 1.2!. 0-60 under 5 secs. quickest front wheel drive car in britain according to CCC timing gear.

I nearly bought it too..... :rant:

Another good mate has an R33 GTS-T with 700bhp. It's quick for a RWD!