Little road trip planned

Will370z

Homeward bound.

SAM_0296_zpsc10ebad7.jpg

Big thanks to Will for all the work putting this together, and to Phil for keeping me laughing with the tyre screeching on all the hairpin bends.

A good week made great with the company lads :thumbs: .

• Like 3

I'm going next year

Did you get much attention from the law speeding etc?

I was very careful with speed limits and kept to them. It is not going to be a fast paced roadtrip (other than the autobahn) as most often you will be going 50mph or less. Fine by me as more time to enjoy the view

There were quite a few well hidden cameras and i know i got flashed once but not heard anything yet in the post.

i must get round to sorting my pictures

oh and Will.. i believe the road at the beginning of the itallian job is the Col du Petit St Bernard... further down the Alps and nearer to where i went last year... also another GREAT trip and one i have lots of details of... including taking in the col du turini and Monaco... i can pass on details! (again)

:teeth:

• Like 1

I'm going next year

I was very careful with speed limits and kept to them. It is not going to be a fast paced roadtrip (other than the autobahn) as most often you will be going 50mph or less. Fine by me as more time to enjoy the view

There were quite a few well hidden cameras and i know i got flashed once but not heard anything yet in the post.

You wont Will, There is no current legislation's to enable foreign EU countries to sent fines or summons to the UK for minor traffic offences. That's why the French Police are very keen on, on the spot fines. There is talk of this changing though.

I'm going next year

You wont Will, There is no current legislation's to enable foreign EU countries to sent fines or summons to the UK for minor traffic offences. That's why the French Police are very keen on, on the spot fines. There is talk of this changing though.

Thanks for the info Rothers. I can rest easy then

We're currently on day 3 of our trip around the Alps....hitting the proper passes for the first time later today, cannot wait :)

14941646521_3f3e1d0dda.jpg

Have fun - looks like you have some nice weather there

Wish i was back there tbh - cant wait for the next trip

So we did the first proper Alpine passes....Both of us are pretty much in agreement this place is by far the most beautiful we've been to anywhere in the world, including the likes of NewZealand, China, India.

Yes there's lots of traffic but what a view, why would you want to rush anywhere when the scenery is so amazing!!

14779273880_68aa9ecf57.jpg

14779399268_30cbc57b34.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Will,

Amazing - your trip and the photos look a whole much better than mine.

I missed your posting cos I hadn't been on the forum for a while.

Mine was ok - expensive - and in my mind we drove around too fast all the while without really enjoying where we were!

We did many of the passes you did - great aren't they.

Rich

Rich, absolutely it was amazing. It was a great scouting trip and I'm keen to go back next year and spend more time on the parts I loved.

If I could afford it I'd buy an f type and spend all my time down there.

That reminds me I Still need to finish the write up and go through 9 hours of videos