hot hatch? New Type R?

nowhereboy

FWIW, I still think you're best bet, if you want to save for a new car next year, is sell your 350Z and get a £1500 decent run about for the next 12-18 months.

Not spend more cash on another drivers motor to just have to try and sell on at as little loss as possible next year.

Just my 2p.

Yep, agree with this. Get a Rensport Clio 172 for £1500 for 12 - 18 months.

FWIW, I still think you're best bet, if you want to save for a new car next year, is sell your 350Z and get a £1500 decent run about for the next 12-18 months.

Not spend more cash on another drivers motor to just have to try and sell on at as little loss as possible next year.

Just my 2p.

Exactly what I was saying. Post number 16 below.

It's the sensible, ...and probably best idea. :) Great minds hey Suits. :D;)

I think your mad nowhereboy. :wave::lol:

Not for wanting a change, or for wanting the VXR Corsa, ...but just because you know the new CTR is what you want, you need to (want to) save cash and that's what you choose. :doh:

Seriously I'd buy something like an old £1K-£1500 run about, possibly a 1.4 and then seriously start saving some cash.

That way you'll have a nice lump ready for next year, really appreciate the difference in performance and not lose too much cash getting rid of the run about. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Exactly what I was saying. Post number 16 below.

Yeah man, I said it at the start of the thread, Post #5, I've done the same method twice now.

First to save for my EP3 in 2005 then to save for my 370Z in 2012.

First dog car was a Daewoo Nexia (Astra) and the 2nd was a 2006 1.4 Fiesta

Gave the Daewoo to my sister and it lasted about another year and the Fiesta is still awesome.

Besides the obvious cheaper initial outlay the money you save in not modding it, MPG and other related misc things is not to be underestimated.

• Like 2

I agree 100% that financially your suggestion is the right thing to do, I still went and test drove the S2000 tho :lol:

Stupid thing to do as I absolutely fell in love with it, it's immaculate, full history and not a stone chip in sight, completely different animal to the Z and to be honest it's everything I hoped the Z would be and isn't.

Very tempted to buy it even tho I'm going to lose money this way.

Ok the dealer will only give me £4,500 for my car trade in because it "doesn't have the leather so it's harder to sell", fair enough but I know I can get at least £5,500 for it in a private sale no problem.

He barely even glanced at my car before valuing it, didn't ask about history or anything, seems they will take anything in as part ex without any inspection and flog it on and thats a little off putting?

Shame because this S2000 looks fantastic and they rarely come up for sale in this nick and with this millage.

Been stewing over this all day.

Did the dealer even test drive your car? :dry:

Bit crazy if they didn't. :wacko:

He just glanced at it. He headed straight to the interiour to check if it was a GT model and wasn't really interested after he realized it wasn't. I realize from a dealer's point of view the non GT in silver isn't the most attractive of models mind.

I'm going to go back on friday when I'm off work and I'm bringing my honda nut friend to check the car over for me.

I've realized that even tho I work in sales for a living when I'm on the other end of it and I'm the customer I'm really bad at haggling and making a deal, I just get stunned by the car and can't think properly. All I was thinking is BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT haha.

Did the dealer even test drive your car? :dry:

Bit crazy if they didn't. :wacko:

He just glanced at it. He headed straight to the interiour to check if it was a GT model and wasn't really interested after he realized it wasn't. I realize from a dealer's point of view the non GT in silver isn't the most attractive of models mind.

I'm going to go back on friday when I'm off work and I'm bringing my honda nut friend to check the car over for me.

I've realized that even tho I work in sales for a living when I'm on the other end of it and I'm the customer I'm really bad at haggling and making a deal, I just get stunned by the car and can't think properly. All I was thinking is BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT haha.

:lol:

You're not the only one ~ I've dealt in sales a lot over the years (not at the mo though) and when I went to view/buy my Zed I had this fixation on making sure they sorted out all the problems before I bought the car that I actually forgot to get them to knock anything off the asking price. :surrender::lol:

It was all good though in the end as they had to put a brand new electric drivers seat switch in plus a new OEM banana arm & bush so that was probably worth £200-£300 odd anyway. :D

• Like 1

That puts my mind at rest a little, I'll see if i can get him to budge on the s2k's price, he seemed unreluctant to move yesterday mind. Is there any way of checking if the bushes are seized? I know this is a common-ish problem with the S2K's... I can check the history to see if they've been done in the past but if not I don't really know what I'm looking out for.

Still find myself looking at these VXR's....

http://www.pistonhea...s-owner/2239181

I like how its newer than my Z and how everything about the car is more fresh, 40mpg sounds nice too.

Honestly i don't know what it is about the Z, I love it but keep getting bored of it every few months. In the last 6 month I've nearly ended up with an Evo 6, a FN2 and now a corsa VXR.

I think I'll only really know if selling the Z will be a mistake once its done. Whatever happens it's highly likely I'll end up with a new type R when it comes out :yahoo:

Never seen someone so excited by a Civic. You could have a Nismo 70 or Audi TTR for 28k when the Civic finally comes out....

Edit - I like S2k's but that colour is VERY girly ;)

Edited by 370Ad

haha! I'm a bit of a honda fan boy to be honest, I loved my EP3, kept it for 4 years which is a lifetime for me.

Hopefully I'll have an s2000 soon, if it's as good as it felt I may end up just keeping that and calling it a day until the price of the new civic comes down a little.

No dealer has ever driven any car I've ever part-ex'd.

Tbh £4.5K for a part-ex seems quite fair, you then just get him to knock a grand off the Stook and you're where you need to be ;)

They where all idiots then. :lol:

For example ~ talking Honda's ~ when I part ex'd my CTR the dealer test drove it.

He was no fool and knew if the car didn't go into VTEC correctly then that could mean big problems, ..at the least a low oil level. Luckily my car was a good one so he was happy to give me pretty much what I wanted on it after confirming it switched over into VTEC mode. ;)