hot hatch? New Type R?

nowhereboy

I didn't think VTEC was confirmed? Or is that now a marketing thing, and really it'll only rev to 7k?

Yes, it is supposedly going to still be a VTEC system ( I questioned this too) , the details of which haven't been revealed yet, Honda are keeping the finer details close to their chest for now.

I can only assume the cams switch when the boost come in but I'm just assuming here.

And yes, 7'000rpm redline :( .

My 182 Cup was anything but rubbish. A good daily driver, nicer than the 172 for sure.

I forget the designation now but one particular 182 had top end suspension as standard.

Sorry but the 182 Cup was rubbish. For a car that was supposed to be more track focused and raw, it still had Air Con, ABS, Traction Control and cruise control. In performance or handling, it was no different to the the 182 Full Fat which had the spoiler pack and suspension pack. You were better off buying ther 182 FF and getting all the fun and luxery items with no loss of performance or handling. Compare this to the 172 and 172 Cup, they were totally different cars with ther cup having different suspension, track, geo, brakes (I think), spoiler, front splitter and had all the luxery items removed. Total waste buying a 182 Cup.

Still find myself looking at these VXR's....

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/corsa-vxr/vauxhall-corsa-1-6t-16v-vxr-3dr-18-alloys-1-previous-owner/2239181

I like how its newer than my Z and how everything about the car is more fresh, 40mpg sounds nice too.

Honestly i don't know what it is about the Z, I love it but keep getting bored of it every few months. In the last 6 month I've nearly ended up with an Evo 6, a FN2 and now a corsa VXR.

I think I'll only really know if selling the Z will be a mistake once its done. Whatever happens it's highly likely I'll end up with a new type R when it comes out :yahoo:

Why not look at the Leon FR? cracking mpg and still pulls a little. Re-map can really bring the torque up but maybe at the expence of a clutch. You can drive that and not look like the child snatcher in the corsa :thumbs:

Why not look at the Leon FR? cracking mpg and still pulls a little. Re-map can really bring the torque up but maybe at the expence of a clutch. You can drive that and not look like the child snatcher in the corsa :thumbs:

The leon doesn't appeal to me unfortunately. I'm still a young (ish) man, hopefully i won't look to daft in the VXR. it's only an idea at the minute anyway, I should be listening to suits advice and buying a old run about to save some proper cash but I'm not sure I could live with it.

With 311 bhp the CTR certainly won't be slower than the 275 bhp Renault.

Hot hatches are now so strong, it's hard to be the best.

360 bhp Merc. 300 bhp Golf. 301 bhp Ford. 320 bhp 1 series. 350 bhp Audi.

We have seen so many mega hatches now, over the recent past.

The leon doesn't appeal to me unfortunately. I'm still a young (ish) man, hopefully i won't look to daft in the VXR. it's only an idea at the minute anyway, I should be listening to suits advice and buying a old run about to save some proper cash but I'm not sure I could live with it.

mk2 lcr's look smart 84.original.jpg

• Like 1

Mercedes have really got the HH ground now. My mate has an A45AMG.

A UK firm are already taking them from 360 to 414 bhp with just a remap and exhaust swap. That is incredible from 1991cc of 4 cylinders.

0-60 in 4.0 and 0-100 in 9.0. Epic.

Ferrari Testarossa V12 performance.

Edited by Peak 370

Masses of power, but still not as good to drive as the M135i by all accounts.

Tbh there's two levels of hot hatch now: The budget (Renault, Vauxhall, Ford) and the premium (Audi, Merc, BMW). Quite where the GTI fits in, I don't know.

Unfortunately the redlines going to be a bit lower than normal from a performance honda. As for handling if you ignor the past few years then Honda are normally up there with the best of them, there is allot of r&d going into the chassis as well as the engine. Looking forward to what mugen do when they get let loose too....

Edited by OllyB

mk2 lcr's look smart 84.original.jpg

That has massive wing mirrors :lol:

• Like 6