New 350z owner

Hi,

Peeps just took the plunge and purchased a 04 plate 350 uk model in silver.

Went for a test drive today seemed good, however engine light was on ( dealer said due to flat battery ?

Would this cause the light.

Collect next sat after service mot etc.

Looking forward to future meets and general forum chat :)

Hi and welcome to the club.

Personally I would want to know what the error codes were before taking the plunge. It could be nothing, it could be something.

If it drove ok, then its probably nothing ....but still...

A poorly battery can do some strange things on the Zed including random dash lights but could also be a lot of other things.

Does it have standard CATs in or HFC or decats?

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

The EML could be on for a host of reasons. Not sure myself though whether a flat battery would cause it?! maybe someone else will know.

All I'd say is that if the light is on when you pick it up then don't except it, get them to read the code to see what it tells you that's wrong and make sure you have some sort of warranty so that if the light comes on again you can get it sorted at their cost.

Lot's of info in here; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/35-guides/

It could throw up an old code (if it's not been cleared) that may be no longer a problem. You can do an ECU reset that will clear all codes. Info here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. Like Mr Ballistic said, get some pic's up when you get it. We like pictures :)

But yeah, don't be strong armed in to parting with your hard earned cash if they haven't bothered to sort the light out. I'm sure it'll all be ok though :)

Welcome from another newbie. Can you get Mechanic friend to go with you? So they don't bs you? Enjoy! I am! 😊

I would if the motor was in tidworth and not Essex...

I will inspect and borrow my mates snap on diagnostic to double check before I drive away :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk