Well thats just effin well great...

coldel

They claimed that they heard a bump and thought they hit the car parked in front of mine, upon checking saw no damage so drove off. She was genuinely apologetic and said she would pay for it - although I wonder if she realises that it will be a fair cost to repair and not £50 or something, they are not very car savvy.

They claimed that they heard a bump and thought they hit the car parked in front of mine, upon checking saw no damage so drove off. She was genuinely apologetic and said she would pay for it - although I wonder if she realises that it will be a fair cost to repair and not £50 or something, they are not very car savvy.

Especially when you tell them that the shock wave that went through the bumper did some engine damage and you have to have a new 2JZ fitted, when they say "a what???!!?" just shrug and say "I dunno either but its £8k"

:lol:

All joking aside - hope that it is sorted and put to bed in a quick and painless fashion :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

Haha yeah I am sure I now need new headlights and a full engine bay respray...!

Anyone got any views on these types? http://www.autorestore.co.uk/repaired-in-one-day.aspx clearly no where near as good as TGM but I just dont have time to drive to Fleet just for them to look at it umm and urrr over a quote then drive back to Fleet again to get it done, then drive back with a friend to pick it up (£60-£70 worth of petrol just going back and forth!).

Used one of those "types" about 2 or 3 years ago on Stepdaughter No 2's Audi A3 rear bumper, was a bigger crack than that but did a brilliant job and metallic silver paint match too, downside is none of us can remember who it was!! :surrender:

I am just trying to get hold of TGM for a quote, but could do with a couple of others, anyone recommend a good bodyshop near TW10?

I'd make the trip to TGM mate - just a quick scoot down the A316 and the M3 as I'm sure you know. Their work is first rate even if they're not the cheapest. You can walk to the station in Fleet from there and train it back to Richmond via Clapham Junction. I tried a Twickenham body shop for a scratch on one of my previous Zs because they were nearby - big mistake. I had a couple of little jobs done at TGM on my last Z (bumber scratch and one on the door from a lamp post) and couldn't have been happier with the result - totally invisible.

If you want something nearer you could try SCR Audio in Ashford (Middx). I can't personally vouch for their body shop as I've not used it but they did some excellent work on repainting my alloys and other jobs - they're a friendly and helpful bunch of guys who care about the work they do. I'd be surprised if the body shop didn't turn out equally good work.

Edited by sipar69

Used TGM before, yes they are great, but given my neighbour is paying, want to have at least a few quotes so I can present them in an orderly manner. Problem is all companies want me to drive to them for a quote, which will end up being £50 out of my pocket in petrol just for quotes.

Used TGM before, yes they are great, but given my neighbour is paying, want to have at least a few quotes so I can present them in an orderly manner. Problem is all companies want me to drive to them for a quote, which will end up being £50 out of my pocket in petrol just for quotes.

Check out SCR Audio then - very quick and easy to get to from Richmond for a quote. If you explain the position they might let you send a photo and quote from that. http://www.scraudio.co.uk/

Can you not send a few pictures to TGM for a quote? That's what I done, I did have to phone them to get a price out of them but I paid what I was quoted and thought it was actually pretty cheap (might I add that's not my current car).

Edited by mouthwash

So just ask whoever is quoting to load the price by £50.00 :)

Yep sent TGM photos...they are calling back, they quoted over the phone before so hopefully they will again.

Contacted SCR thanks mate.

No worries. If you end up going with SCR its dead easy to get back to Richmond via a quick bus to Feltham station, then just hop on a train. They'll give you a lift to the station if you're lucky too.

Had a few hit and runs in my time too, fairly inevitable sadly. The worst one I had was when I parked outside my mate's house at night in my GT6 . After I left, got about half a mile down the road when I heard this scraping noise and it turned out that they'd hit my rear bumper with such force that it had been forced downwards onto the exhaust snapping the brackets :angry: . Nobody ever came forward and it cost me a fair bit to fix. Even saw this in the place I worked when one poor guy had his whole door pushed right in and it must have been someone who worked there as you needed to scan your works card to get in the car park.

Pete