Re-map cost

Peak 370

Interesting thread TBH.

Generic mapping on a 350Z/370Z doesn't work , every map needs to tweaked, De-grading sensors/AFM's and injectors all need to be taken into consideration;

Someone hacked the software maybe they have but do they get all the updates from the Programming developing company , hacked software normally means glitches bugs that all can cause people hassle.

Tuning NA isn't easy and I know we don't get good gains in relation to a turbo car but you do get a return from you spend amount especially if you add mods to your car. The car does tune itself back tot the calibration AFR and the ignition calibration.

I think us Uprev tuners do a very good job Abbey Motorsport TDI North Trackday Performance Horsham Development and RS Tuning.

Yes we have the ability to remove the license as well which helps if you move onto another car or remove your mods prior to selling your car on.

Don't forget TDP ;)

Interesting thread TBH.

Generic mapping on a 350Z/370Z doesn't work , every map needs to tweaked, De-grading sensors/AFM's and injectors all need to be taken into consideration;

Someone hacked the software maybe they have but do they get all the updates from the Programming developing company , hacked software normally means glitches bugs that all can cause people hassle.

Tuning NA isn't easy and I know we don't get good gains in relation to a turbo car but you do get a return from you spend amount especially if you add mods to your car. The car does tune itself back tot the calibration AFR and the ignition calibration.

I think us Uprev tuners do a very good job Abbey Motorsport TDI North Trackday Performance Horsham Development and RS Tuning.

Yes we have the ability to remove the license as well which helps if you move onto another car or remove your mods prior to selling your car on.

Don't forget TDP ;)

TrackDay Performance...are on the list.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Jumping 350. Yes, it will cost a bit, as my 996 turbo cost me lots to run, as did my Gallardo.

But I have a modern 4x4 for the chores and motorway/family treks, so my sports cars tend to do 5,000 miles a year max.

Servicing will not be bad and an immaculate car with a 12 month warranty should be fine.

Interesting thread TBH.

Don't forget TDP ;)

TrackDay Performnce...are on the list.

Oops, I'm blind :p

I guess I am like a lot of us car fanatics. If I sat down and did the common sense/maths I'd be in a 2009 Golf GTI!

But I am a spendthrift when it comes to buying cars, I just try and not spend too much on mods.

The point some people fail to grasp with mapping is that you arent paying for the licence or software and you arent really paying for the time it takes , what you are paying for is expertise it requires. Flashing a generic map doesnt take any skill and thats a rip off, so for some tuners it is money for old rope but those that take the time to develop their skills and invest time and money in providing a proper live map it is indeed cheap.

The point it you might not know whether you got a good deal or not straight away that's why its so important to use a trusted tuner.

I had my Skyline (Power FC) remapped (Roadmapped) by Jez and the difference in how it drove over the old map was dramatic, took less than 1 hour as well.

Had my Evo 6 mapped with a Ecutek licence from a company in the Midlands and it was awful and cost me over £600 and the car drove awful, shame i dont have a better scan of the graph but you can see the flat torque curve with just 305ft lbs, the car actually came back with a graph that showed over 400hp and was a generic one no doubt just like the map.

evodyno_zpsf61a233d.jpg

Bought a cable and some open source software and spent a lot of time learning how to map it myself and went back to the same dyno a month later and picked up 40ft lbs and got a much smother curve. The fact was that whilst Ecutek did charge a lot of money for a licence they were very slow to respond and didnt do anything like the R&D some private individuals were doing on the Evo ecu's . We were able to get full anti-lag , flat shifting, launch control and dual maps free on open source at least two years before Ecutek offered it

img004.jpg

I did love being able to map the car myself after I made a change

After about 18 months I wound it up to this which is the same limit for a stock Evo 6 engine

img025_zpsd2f5f791.jpg

The point some people fail to grasp with mapping is that you arent paying for the licence or software and you arent really paying for the time it takes , what you are paying for is expertise it requires. Flashing a generic map doesnt take any skill and thats a rip off, so for some tuners it is money for old rope but those that take the time to develop their skills and invest time and money in providing a proper live map it is indeed cheap.

The point it you might not know whether you got a good deal or not straight away that's why its so important to use a trusted tuner.

I had my Skyline (Power FC) remapped (Roadmapped) by Jez and the difference in how it drove over the old map was dramatic, took less than 1 hour as well.

Had my Evo 6 mapped with a Ecutek licence from a company in the Midlands and it was awful and cost me over £600 and the car drove awful, shame i dont have a better scan of the graph but you can see the flat torque curve with just 305ft lbs, the car actually came back with a graph that showed over 400hp and was a generic one no doubt just like the map.

evodyno_zpsf61a233d.jpg

Bought a cable and some open source software and spent a lot of time learning how to map it myself and went back to the same dyno a month later and picked up 40ft lbs and got a much smother curve. The fact was that whilst Ecutek did charge a lot of money for a licence they were very slow to respond and didnt do anything like the R&D some private individuals were doing on the Evo ecu's . We were able to get full anti-lag , flat shifting, launch control and dual maps free on open source at least two years before Ecutek offered it

img004.jpg

I did love being able to map the car myself after I made a change

After about 18 months I wound it up to this which is the same limit for a stock Evo 6 engine

img025_zpsd2f5f791.jpg

Guys you can buy the Osiris Software to allow you to tune the car yourself no problem

The kit including a license or not can be brought to allow you all the features that us Pro Tuners get minus a small few but these don't stop your getting the same tunable parameters we get.

If you buy the kit from us @ Abbey Motorsport I will help you with any help.with any tuning questions.

thanks

I wasnt suggesting that for people Mark, just sharing my experience of one company that uses Ecutek:)

In the Evo community there are a lot of home tuners and a thriving online opensource community full of people willing to share knowledge and expertise, without that I'm not sure that home mapping is that worthwhile