Re-map cost

Peak 370

I'm not fussing about the price on an uprev, i was just curious that it can only be an 'uprev' that can do it, like for honda, there are ten's of different maps and tuners you can use, where as this car you can only have the 1?

im sure there are others out there, im sure HKS, Jun, Esprit etc didnt mapped there demo cars with uprev.

Just uprev is the best supported and easier i guess to obtain

Oi, get your own comments.

Tbf he posted his a minute before you lol.

My posting froze like this website does sometimes! I sat there for a good 2 minutes waiting for it to post.

• Like 1

I'm not fussing about the price on an uprev, i was just curious that it can only be an 'uprev' that can do it, like for honda, there are ten's of different maps and tuners you can use, where as this car you can only have the 1?

im sure there are others out there, im sure HKS, Jun, Esprit etc didnt mapped there demo cars with uprev.

Tbf he posted his a minute before you lol.

thats-right-bro-i-win.jpg

not that i wish to put your car down and it not that at all but how many years of experience and competition wining cars in several sports Drag,Drift Rally Time attack etc has your mate assisted in devloping?

i dont wish to be rude but dont think it comes close to abbeys experience

• Like 1

Oh it's you! god damn it, I hate it when people change there avatars :lol:
  • Like 1

It almost feels like with 350z's the uprev is always presented as the only option. Since being on the VX and Skyline forums there are so many more options out there.

On Skylines you can invest as little as £150 for a generic stage 1 map (which doesn't blow up engines as some people might say on here) and yes it doesn't make the most out of your mods, but if you are chasing numbers a stage 1 isn't something people stop at hence the maps sell really well. Or you can go to four figures in cost terms but have a lot more control over the power delivery of your car, much more than the Uprev.

Its just nice to have the options really, which it never felt like you do on the 350z, its uprev or nowt...

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

Oh it's you! god damn it, I hate it when people change there avatars :lol:

So do I but my other half told me I had Nick Rage up for too long so I had to change :lol:

• Like 1

Sorry i dont mean to sound like a douch if thats what im sounding like lol i just like my trusted mapper, if you've been somewhere plenty of times, you dont like change. but it feels limited as coldel just said above, its like theres uprev or nothing.

the other thing to remember is the Skyline and your hondas are very old apologies if that offends but there's not that much that stop tuning no walls to brake down and they have easily had another 10-15 years worth of development in there sectors they didn't have things like canbus to deal with

go try getting a GTR mapped and look at there costs

I think that makes the uprev for the DE Zeds even more of an excuse not to be the cost they are and more options available, given there are plenty of 2003 cars around and the R34s are very tunable from around the same era. If anything the higher sales of 350z's should have meant more development? It just felt like with the 350z the option was uprev or nothing else - look at 52 plate onwards VX220s, all tunable by mappers and not restricted to one software importer who can to a strong degree dictate cost as they are effectively a sole operator within their market.

You can use a haltech on the zeds as well but that costs just as much so easy to get up rev , I used to have what your mate had bradders and had the romulator and emulator devices to program chips and you can solder a socket into your ecu and swap different maps in. Got it from a tuner closing down in states for £200 sold it though was pretty clever

• Like 1

I think that makes the uprev for the DE Zeds even more of an excuse not to be the cost they are and more options available, given there are plenty of 2003 cars around and the R34s are very tunable from around the same era. If anything the higher sales of 350z's should have meant more development? It just felt like with the 350z the option was uprev or nothing else - look at 52 plate onwards VX220s, all tunable by mappers and not restricted to one software importer who can to a strong degree dictate cost as they are effectively a sole operator within their market.

There you theres a space in the market start developing

also the R34 started production in 5 years before the 350z that's quite a bit,

Regarding the Vauxhall the engine that was used in hundreds of cars From opel ,vauxhall saab Chevrolet Saturn etc if its used in that many cars globally someone somewhere is going to develop it, other than the 350z and G35 the VQ i believe was only used in mini vans in a detuned state, so there were the only two cars that were going to get tuned as such and as well all know they didn't sell a 1/4s worth as of what they did in american compared to Europe, so why would people in Europe develop tuning for a car that has such a small market share when they can develop tuning for your GM engine or the Vw group 1.8 20vt engine used in loads of hatch back sports coupes etc and make more money due to millions more customers

Aye fair points, although the VX turbo engines were only in the VXs and Astras (which didnt sell particularly well) - my point is that even a more modern engine like the Z20LET which is comparable to the VQs still seems to have so many more options available, there is a big US market for 350z's as well so no reason to rely on just UK numbers for the software (which comes from the US anyway).

I remember having the Zed as my first sports car and getting an uprev by default (and feeling the sting of the cost) but since then realised how restrictive the remapping market is for Zeds, yes there might be a few less, but an engine that has been around for at least 12 years should have more going for it.

i think this is a very valid point- its not Abbey he is enquiring about- its UpRev and why they want us to buy a license. for example, live tuning is the best way forward so is a tunner charged £50 per hour and was with the car for 4 hours, thats £200 we would pay him but why is the tuner being charged each time to use uprev...which then obv gets passed onto the client.

the OP is not argueing live mapping he is argueing the fact of why tuners cant tune without having to buy a license for each car. its a valid point

• Like 2

i think this is a very valid point- its not Abbey he is enquiring about- its UpRev and why they want us to buy a license. for example, live tuning is the best way forward so is a tunner charged £50 per hour and was with the car for 4 hours, thats £200 we would pay him but why is the tuner being charged each time to use uprev...which then obv gets passed onto the client.

the OP is not argueing live mapping he is argueing the fact of why tuners cant tune without having to buy a license for each car. its a valid point

the same way you cant use top end computer software with out a license

its business that's out to make money

the tuners don't have a choice but to charge for the license, there is no argument, if your not happy to buy the license get an aftermarket ecu and take it to any tuner but im sure it will be more expensive

using the example the OP gave of his S3 at which im guessing was a Revo remap its not live tuning so there is little if no cost of labor so he is still paying for the license as such

He paid £250 for a remap which involved no labor cost than two dyno runs that £200 is for the Remap/revo license the same the uprev has but we also pay for a live map to be done to it

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

It's a bit like anything though really, you can pay £1000s for a set of genuine TE37s or you can head over to ebay and pick up a set of copies for less than £500. One of those will have had 100s of hours of development on them the other will literally be chucked into a molding device and put into a box. The licence fee goes into R&D and other associated business costs.

So like my example above you can pay your monies and have something that has been tried and tested that is supported by all the major tuners over here OR you can get your mate Dozer to go it alone and put a chip in your car to save a bit of cash.

Unfortunately the world isn't free :(

I do agree that Uprev is the most popular but as far as I'm aware there is always the top dog in which ever brand your into, Kpro for example in the Honda scene is all people ever talk about.

Edited by mouthwash

It's a bit like anything though really, you can pay £1000s for a set of genuine TE37s or you can head over to ebay and pick up a set of copies for less than £500. One of those will have had 100s of hours of development on them the other will literally be chucked into a molding device and put into a box. The licence fee goes into R&D and other associated business costs.

So like my example above you can pay your monies and have something that has been tried and tested that is supported by all the major tuners over here OR you can get your mate Dozer to go it alone and put a chip in your car to save a bit of cash.

I do agree that Uprev is the most popular but as far as I'm aware there is always the top dog in which ever brand your into, Kpro for example in the Honda scene is all people ever talk about.

bit like tyres with MPSS

bit like tyres with MPSS

Exactly, do you want the tyre that WILL save your life or do you want Ling Longs on there that will kill you, your loved ones and anyone you've ever set eyes on? I know what I'd do.

bit like tyres with MPSS

Exactly, do you want the tyre that WILL save your life or do you want Ling Longs on there that will kill you, your loved ones and anyone you've ever set eyes on? I know what I'd do.

But how do you know they've had hours of development put in them, and are not just a price tag determined by the Brand?

Nike trainers, clothing, all made with cheap labor across seas, but you're paying for the brand...

• Like 2

You only pay for the license once anyway right? Then you can have the map changed and only be charged the labour?

yep

Still expensive though, £400 1st time, £300 there after.

Yeah I had my delimiter removed by Abbey so I've already paid for the license, once I get all the other breather mods I'll go get the UpRev :)

bit like tyres with MPSS

But how do you know they've had hours of development put in them, and are not just a price tag determined by the Brand?

Nike trainers, clothing, all made with cheap labor across seas, but you're paying for the brand...

because koenigseggs and @*!# have them super car fan boys want them,

Anyway remaps