Check your arches people!

lbeddowscbr

Dont know if this has been mentioned before (which it probably has) and i apologies if it has but......

Today a cleaned my car while it was my day off, Power washed all over and under the arches as best i could with only having a straight lance.

afterwards i ran a cloth under the lip of the arch to get any missed muck and was amazed at the state of the rag!!!

got a flat headed screw driver and scraped a lot of mud from in the corners and blasted it off again.

Then i see this little plastic cover:

WP_20140602_004.jpg

I noticed it was a little loose so i bent it away from the arch to find......

WP_20140602_002.jpg

this cover caught all the crap that runs down your arch and holds it there, helping to rot the end of your sills!!!!!! :scare:

needles to say i took the wheels off both sides and gave them a damn good clean and i will be getting it in the garage ond getting some q rust and underseal on them.

• Like 4

I took mine off when fitting Tarmac side diffusers and was stunned to see all the muck stuck in there

Ditto - I just cut mine off when fitting the tarmac side steps. Got a load of muck in my face when taking them off though

yea mine a gone thanks to tarmacs side diffusers,

But regarding arches my front liners are always blowing back and touching my wheels been through 2 sets now

I have a tyre shaped hole in my passenger front one :lol:

Both of my S14's were like this and my Zed was the same when i gave it its first wash. The worst of it is if it gets wet it takes and age to dry out and is a rust trap in waiting. Its amazing just how much dirt comes out from this little lip. This summer i plan to remove the rear wheels and clean out the arches and give them a good coating of Hammerite stone chip shield.