Netflixs (or similar) instead of Sky

ioneabee

what happens when you stop playing ball with sky

do they remotely switch the box off, are the menu features ie recording etc all still available ?

They usually offer you a few months free to chew things over...well they did with me when I was broke :lol: . Either that or they'll try and come up with a different package for you.

Don't know what happens with the box, at one time you could apply for a viewing card to carry on picking up Free to Air channels but no need for that now with Freeview.

Pete

I have a Roku 3 for sale if anyone wants it? I bought it purely to get access to netflix and watching Breaking Bad. A week after buying it my Mrs bought me an Xbox so the Roku has been in the draw since....

Edited by Sarnie

I've got 12-14mb speed - so that shouldn't be a problem

I haven't got a smart tv though - any other way (don't want to watch it on my pc or laptop)

Has your laptop got a HDMI out, you should just be able to hook it straight into your TV. I'm amazed how many people don't know they can do that.

I like Netflix, as stated above, it's not the broadest or newest selection in the world but there's enough and it's very good value. If you've got a PS3 sitting around, it couldn't be easier. Even if you don't, an Apple TV is a cheap solution and obviously that brings iTunes content to the party if you want to buy or rent something new in particular, which isn't on Netflix.

I think it's a top service for the price and I can only assume they'll be expanding their content as new media deals are struck.

Netflix is ace currently watching breaking bad but there is a way to get the American version by changing your DRN on the Internet settings, which is what I've done and you get loads more, family guy, american dad and even dinosaurs! yjegunab.jpg