The 350Z Magnet Phenomena...

Chromatic

Well.. it happened again today..

I pull in not a SINGLE car in this entire section of parking spots.. I had 10 spots on either side of.. literally.

I go into the store for 5 minutes.. come out to this.

14129504717_3d6e10da95_c.jpg

Sigh.. Just annoying, yet amusing at the same time. -- I don't mind it so much when other nice sports cars park near me for the same reasons.. but when people hover around my car when there are closer spots to the door than where they parked.. next to me.. I don't get it. :)

• Like 6

When this happens to me, before I get in my car I walk round it to make sure I've not acquired any dents or any paint from other vehicles parked directly next to mine.

That's exactly what I do. The problem is that if they have scraped your car they usually move to another spot, so do don't know it was them.

At least the t*t parked in the space in front of you didnt reverse into you like I witnessed last night, fortunately I was there to see it :(

Nightmare! Any damage?

Not too bad, a little prep and bumper respray. It was booked in anyway next week for arch roll and some other bits so can get it done at the same time!

At least the t*t parked in the space in front of you didnt reverse into you like I witnessed last night, fortunately I was there to see it :(

Nightmare! Any damage?

Not too bad, a little prep and bumper respray. It was booked in anyway next week for arch roll and some other bits so can get it done at the same time!

Hope you got some cash off them for it!

Nightmare! Any damage?

Hope you got some cash off them for it!

I carefully went through the damage with him, told him what to expect cost wise and said I will get him a quote ;)

• Like 1

When this happens to me, before I get in my car I walk round it to make sure I've not acquired any dents or any paint from other vehicles parked directly next to mine.

Absolutely agree I do exactly the same, sometimes people look at me like I've lost the plot but these checks have to be done when the herd mentality of other drivers makes them park next to me like the pic the op posted ;)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

When I'm choosing a parking space I'll always go for one on the ends so I can spread out or those that are the furthest away lol. But if I HAVE to park next to another car I always chose a nice one, maybe they were thinking the same!

• Like 2

^^ That's what I do in my work car park. Always try to park in an end spot next to the curb ensuring maximum space for anyone parking next to me. ;)

It's sad though that we have to be like this ~ I mean if I park next to someone, no matter how sh*t their car is I would never think of hitting it with my car even if I was driving an equally sh*t car. :scare: Some peoples lack of respect for other peoples property just boils my blood. :rant:

• Like 2

I have a dashcam going in my car now so I can show this "Z magnet theory better".. ie: The before and after. It's amusing and annoying... ;)

This is not a bad one compared to some.. it was just one I thought, I'll snap a pic of this just because I literally went in the store for less than 5 minutes.. if that.. come out and a completely EMPTY section and mostly empty parking lot for that matter has the only cars parked in it all surrounding me. Arghh!

Can't they see I'm parked in a spot that isn't conducive to being "smart" about not having to walk far to the door? Perhaps they would like to park in the spots right in FRONT of the door lol.. nooo.. let's park next to the Z.. sigh.

I don't say anything to anyone I mean it's their right to do so.. but when as you guys do.. I do the cursory check of the Zed if any car happens to park next to it.. or god forbid there is no where else to park but squeezed between two cars who didn't park so well.. (hurts me to do that).. So far no dings I can find.. I do have minor paint knocks.. like what you see on our bumpers from rocks.. but I believe most of those were there when I bought the car.

If a door hits your car it's gonna leave an indentation.. no two ways around it.

Maybe I should set the Dashcam to "motion sensor" .. it has that option.. but I have it off.. for this kind of thing. I just figured it would go off/on constantly.. guess it doesn't matter much though.. it's a dash cam looping on 32GB of memory.. lol.

Should keep this thread and everyone should post a pic with their phones of this happening to them. See who takes the cake. :D

As I previously posted yesterday in another thread, this is exactly what happened to me

yesterday at Tesco, parked a mile from any other cars came back 30 mins later to find a Z4 about 2"

from my door, rest of car park still half empty, I had to squeeze in to the Zed and I'm not that small..!

It boils my pi55 this does... :rant: :rant:

Maybe a lot of people use other cars as a reference point when parking into a bay so they are not going over the lines. But gotta say if you need a reference point to get your car inbetween 2 lines you prob shouldnt be on the road!!

Dashcams are very good and I will be getting one very soon. So many idiots on the road as well as people who have no respect and are lazy. Slighty off topic but yesterday and I parked up outside a small local Tesco's. They have a main car park for around 40 cars as well as a small layby for about 4 cars on the main road. Its no hassle to get into the main car park, you just turn off the main road into it. This main raod is also very quiet as its on a quiet housing estate. However, as I was waiting, I watched about 8 cars drive up and down the main road road waiting for a space in the layby rather than drive into the main car park. Some eventually gave up after a few back and forths and went into the car park. Others decided to take matters into their own hands and just mount the kerb and abandon their cars further up on the pavement. One transit half mouted the kerb, nearly taking a young boy out on a bike and with the rear of the van still in the road. Just amazes me at how lazy some people are.

Anyway, rant over :)

Phew, I thought that this only happened to me............

Maybe people just hone in on the only car parked straight in a parking bay. Might try parking parking really badly and see if people avoid the spaces either side in future :)

I've seen your parking, I don't think you could park any worse :lol:

• Like 1

Phew, I thought that this only happened to me............

Maybe people just hone in on the only car parked straight in a parking bay. Might try parking parking really badly and see if people avoid the spaces either side in future :)

I've seen your parking, I don't think you could park any worse :lol:

Pot.....Kettle.....Black

Not a bad idea to park within the Lines but as crooked as I can legally make it lol.. Then if people still flock to it.. shrug. Or be nice to see a shot of cars all around my car but one solid space between me and the next car.

Well, I don't park next to other cars if I can possible help it.. but if I have to, I know I'd avoid the car sideways in a space. :D