Insurance Price... WOW :)

CurtisZ

Still considering myself to be young at 29, I was shocked at how cheap my quotes came out on Money Supermarket...

£252 Fully Comp with Courtesy Car/Protected NCB and a very small Voluntary Excess!!! And this was all with a few well known companies... Maybe I am getting old!

How much do you guys and girls pay? ...

It must be my postcode then :) ... interesting to find out how much rates really do vary!

Postcodes can make a huge difference. I pay £340, have been driving since 1969 and the only claim I've ever made was in 1997 when my car was stolen, recovered the next day with minimal damage (around £1k to replace the locks and steering column). What annoys me is that I could give you my car keys and my postcode and I very much doubt that you'd be able to steal my car......partly because I have the wrong postcode and can't get it changed :angry:

Pete

£510 fully comp for me with full NCB :( This is with our forum friends at Sky. They're the only company that will insure me due to the number of modifications on my Zed. Once you declare 6 or more, the mainstream brokers on the comparison sites aren't interested.

I think this has been posted before but if you enter your postcode into the link below you can get a breakdown of all the crime within a mile of your area. I think insurance companies are only interested in the first 3 digits of your postcode, so despite the fact I'm in the middle of nowhere I get lumped in with a couple of moderately high crime areas miles away. Just 12 crimes reported in March 2014 for my complete postcode :) .

http://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode

Oete

£361 with all mods declared, then I threw some extras on top such as European breakdown cover and such. All sorted by the friendly Adrian Flux . Second year with them, no reason I would leave currently.

24, live in a *please call us for a quote postcode lol doesnt even have a grade! and i pay £648 for a year. was 1900 something until me and the mrs decided on admiral multicar. makes the world of a difference, her car insured was 1400, mine 1900, together and both insured to drive eachothers, £1100 total.

Skyline started at £1050 (compared to £275 for my VX220 and about £300 for the Zed) after a few phone calls to Sky, Flux and A-Plan ended up at around £550 with A-Plan, have to say out of the three they shaded it for customer service as well, the other two promised to call back and didn't and I had to chase. Sky were particularly bad at this unfortunately, twice I was hanging around in work after hours waiting for a call back that never came. Dan at A-Plan was very keen to get me onboard, was friendly, informative and to the point. Big thumbs up for them.

I'm 32 with full no claims, no points. Only claim I ever made was whilst still a learner driver. £990

I dont think it's my postcode however, the Mrs drives a 1.4 Fiesta (granted much less powerful) but with only 3 years no claims she pays around £170.

I think it's safe to say I hate all insurance companies.

• 2 weeks later...

Just renewed our insurance. The Zed was £760, which is not bad I don't think. Mrs is 30, 15000 miles/year, 4 years NCB (protected), Business usage for both her and me. In comparison on my 1.8 civic with 5yrs NCB (im 28) it was £500.

I think our post code is pretty dodge as well.

Hawker

im 57, been driving company cars for 17yrs, no car of my own till a yr ago, this yr its £340 with legal cover but a £500 excess and they gave me full ncb based on my company record.its down £100 from last yr. all in all i think its ok. :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...