Vortech V3 Supercharger Group Buy

its only really vortech you can get them from or things like filters you can make custom cold air setups but the car will need mapped again as it changes the airflow.you get the v3 charger pre filled with oil and you get 3 bottles spare so not really something to worry about as yet. if you are getting a smaller pulley than standard you will need a smaller belt. im sure chris can sort you out with one or some other traders sell them aswell as its just a gates belt so easy to get your hands on

• Like 1

as for experimenting with the pulleys i wouldnt recommend it as its an expensive game. the standard pulley will give you around 360hp at the wheels, the 3.12 will give you around 400-410 at the wheels but thats it on the engines safe limit. the 2.87 is only really safe to do on a forged engine or if you have bought a charger second hand from a a**hole in the US that cant hold boost! :lol: not thinking about any russian in particular ;):lol: . id say to go with the 3.12 pulley straight away as you might aswell

...the 2.87 is only really safe to do on a forged engine or if you have bought a charger second hand from a a**hole in the US that cant hold boost! :lol: not thinking about any russian in particular ;):lol: .

Bastard :lol:

• Like 1

Anybody wants different pulleys or anything? Like 3.12" drive pulley? If so, put your names down so Chris can see of its worth as didn't it to this order

1. Vlad - 3.12" pulley x 1

Anybody wants different pulleys or anything? Like 3.12" drive pulley? If so, put your names down so Chris can see of its worth as didn't it to this order

Go on then, for a small outlay (in the scheme if things), it's good to have the option..

2. ChrisB - 3.12" pulley x 1 same as Vlad

Go on then, for a small outlay (in the scheme if things), it's good to have the option..

3. Jumping350 3.12" pulley x 1

4. Evilscorp - 3.12" pulley x1

5. GMballistic - 3.12" pulley x1 (and belt to suit)

Not that I have a supercharger, ...just felt left out. :ninja:

Belt wise, as far as I remember - each step smaller pulley shortens belt by 0.5"... So if you going from 3.33" standard pulley to 3.12", you'll need 0.5" shorter belt... That's as far as I remember! Please double check :)

Belt wise, as far as I remember - each step smaller pulley shortens belt by 0.5"... So if you going from 3.33" standard pulley to 3.12", you'll need 0.5" shorter belt... That's as far as I remember! Please double check :)

From what I've read the standard belt is a 93.5" 6 rib ~ so for the 3.12" pulley you would need a 93" 6 rib belt.

Gates make them from what I've just read on my350z.com. :thumbs:

Okay, well depending on price I'm in :)

4. Evilscorp - 3.12" pulley x1

5. GMballistic - 3.12" pulley x1 (and belt to suit)

6. Mouthwash - 3.12" pulley x1 (and belt to suit)

Edited by mouthwash

Pulley - 2A036-312 - £80.00 EA

Cog belt – 2A042-075 - £35.00

Serp Belt - 2A046-795 - £60.00

No idea whether sorting belts here is cheaper or not but this is what I got back from Jimmy at Vortech

main belt (Gates) over here is usually 20-25 quid :):thumbs:

That sounds more like it Vlad for the belt ~ not being funny but £60 is a bit OTT.

Any idea where to get the belts from then Vlad? ...as there is going to be a few of us after them from the looks of it. :)