Vortech V3 Supercharger Group Buy

Yeah I would stick to just the pulleys, I looked at importing belts previously and it was more expensive than the UK

Can you get hold of the correct Gates belt for this pulley set up then Chris?

Would prefer to get it all from you of course if possible. :)

Yeah I would stick to just the pulleys, I looked at importing belts previously and it was more expensive than the UK

Up to you, but you just will get exactly same belt but for £60 instead of £20ish lol

We already configured out sizes for it anyway :)

• Like 1

Up to you, but you just will get exactly same belt but for £60 instead of £20ish lol

We already configured out sizes for it anyway :)

Yeah I meant get the belt from Chris (Tarmac) but from a UK Gates belt supplier at the £20ish mark. :D Not the £60. :scare:

Do you know where to get them then Vlad?

Belt wise, as far as I remember - each step smaller pulley shortens belt by 0.5"... So if you going from 3.33" standard pulley to 3.12", you'll need 0.5" shorter belt... That's as far as I remember! Please double check :)

From what I've read the standard belt is a 93.5" 6 rib ~ so for the 3.12" pulley you would need a 93" 6 rib belt.

Gates make them from what I've just read on my350z.com. :thumbs:

Ok so doing more research this may be the wrong lengths. Reason being Vortech have changed the belt arrangement (less pulleys or something) so the belts now will be shorter from what I'm lead to believe.

Might just have to wait and see what belt comes with the Vortech and take 0.5" off it when looking for a belt. :dry:

The belt part number Tarmac listed converts to a Gates belt number K060795 from what I can ascertain. Which is apparently an 80.070" belt.!? Getting confused now. :wacko::lol:

Belt wise, as far as I remember - each step smaller pulley shortens belt by 0.5"... So if you going from 3.33" standard pulley to 3.12", you'll need 0.5" shorter belt... That's as far as I remember! Please double check :)

From what I've read the standard belt is a 93.5" 6 rib ~ so for the 3.12" pulley you would need a 93" 6 rib belt.

Ok so doing more research this may be the wrong lengths. Reason being Vortech have changed the belt arrangement (less pulleys or something) so the belts now will be shorter from what I'm lead to believe.

Might just have to wait and see what belt comes with the Vortech and take 0.5" off it when looking for a belt. :dry:

The belt part number Tarmac listed converts to a Gates belt number K060795 from what I can ascertain. Which is apparently an 80.070" belt.!? Getting confused now. :wacko::lol:

Well, yes, either wait and see what you will receive or as you said it's got part number and it says 80.070" - just get 0.5" shorter...but you need to transfer it from inches to mm...

So 80.070" = 2034mm

Then minus 0.5"

So 79.5" = 2020mm

So, you will need 6PK2020 belt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310826609954

Simples :lol:

Belts need to be pretty tight to stop spinning and loosing boost... So you can get one smaller belt(to be on safer side), I think next one down is 6PK2013 (2013mm in length)... You can always just return it and get refund if you don't need it :):thumbs:

I think Vortech get the belts from Europe so they will be going to USA to then come back to Europe, thats why they are pricey at Vortech :blackeye:

Do you know the length of the belt you need to run for the 3.12" pulley at all?

Am I right with that Gates part number above for it do you know? Gates belt number K060795

Well, yes, either wait and see what you will receive or as you said it's got part number and it says 80.070" - just get 0.5" shorter...but you need to transfer it from inches to mm...

So 80.070" = 2034mm

Then minus 0.5"

So 79.5" = 2020mm

So, you will need 6PK2020 belt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310826609954

Simples :lol:

Belts need to be pretty tight to stop spinning and loosing boost... So you can get one smaller belt(to be on safer side), I think next one down is 6PK2013 (2013mm in length)... You can always just return it and get refund if you don't need it :):thumbs:

Cheers Vlad.

The belt I listed though should be the length we need though as I converted Tarmacs part number to it. So we should need an 80.070" belt to run the 3.12" pulley.

The standard belt I would imagine is 80.570" odd. I think? :dry::lol:

Oh ok... Then for 3.12" pulley you will need 80.070" belt...closest one is 6PK2030 ;)

You can get it from same eBay link I've posted above!

But I would suggest to go to your local parts store and get 2-3 belts... Like 2030, 2020, 2013 etc...then see which one fits better and return others (usually you have 28 days to return) - that makes it easier than posting item back to eBay seller for a refund.

Or just wait for confirmation from Chris, ones he gets it from vortech...or just wait and see what belt you will get when SC comes and then go to the shop :)

which belt do we need then :headhurt::lol:

:lol:

Ok this is how I see it ~

Tarmac/Chris posted this as the belt we need to run the 3.12" pulley on the V3sci;

Serp Belt - 2A046-795 - £60.00

That converts to a Gates belt number K060795 according to google when you put it in the search. http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product_variation.php?pvk=2101

Which from what I can find is an 80.070" 6 rib belt. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GAT9/K060795/03306.oap?year=2012&make=Ram&model=2500&vi=1502367&ck=Search_C0074_1502367_-1&pt=C0074&ppt=C0007

80.070" in millimetres converts to 2033.778.

So using Vlads eBay link the closest is a 2033mm belt which is Gates part number 6PK2033 on the link; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310826609954?var=610227490327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Not sure about going smaller?? the next size down is 2030mm which is only 3mm different so could be ok I just have no idea how much adjustment is available and whether this is beneficial or even needed??

If Vortech say to use a 80.070" (2033.778mm) belt then I would imagine that's correct. :dry:

@Chris/Tarmac ~ what's your opinion please? :)

There's quite a bit of adjustment so me personally would go for 2030 belt :)

Think I might do what you mentioned when we where chatting ~ buy three belts from a local supplier, check their returns policy first ;) ..and then buy a 2033, 2030 and 2020. Then just return the two belts I don't use. Although it's expense at first which I don't like, it may be the smartest idea. :D

Description:

The Vortech 3.12 pulley for your Vortech supercharger system on the 2003-05 Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35 with non-Rev up motor is an efficient way to increase power levels by increasing the speed of the supercharger and increasing boost. Vortech pulleys are made from 6061 aluminum and hard anodized in black. The surface is CNC machined for excellent belt fitment.

A 79.5" belt must be used with this pulley. It is offered as an option if you do not already have this length.

Vortech supercharger systems use a centrifugal design that has been a proven performer for decades. Each vehicle-specific kit is designed with the best fitment in mind while providing impressive power gains, even on otherwise factory vehicles. Injected Performance is an authorized retailer and installer for all Vortech systems.

• Like 1

Description:

The Vortech 3.12 pulley for your Vortech supercharger system on the 2003-05 Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35 with non-Rev up motor is an efficient way to increase power levels by increasing the speed of the supercharger and increasing boost. Vortech pulleys are made from 6061 aluminum and hard anodized in black. The surface is CNC machined for excellent belt fitment.

A 79.5" belt must be used with this pulley. It is offered as an option if you do not already have this length.

Vortech supercharger systems use a centrifugal design that has been a proven performer for decades. Each vehicle-specific kit is designed with the best fitment in mind while providing impressive power gains, even on otherwise factory vehicles. Injected Performance is an authorized retailer and installer for all Vortech systems.

Very interesting mouthwash. :thumbs:

So 79.5" converts to 2019.3 millimetres.

So that would mean a 2020mm belt to possibly be a little too long so next inline on the eBay Gates belt link would be a 2013mm. A difference of 7mm so I would assume there is enough adjustment for this.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310826609954?var=610227490327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Would be interesting to see what belt the chubby ninja is using. :dry: Might ask him now.

According to our American friends and I've read this a few times..

Also, to answer my own question, this pulley requires a 79.5" belt kit (according to Injected Performance's website) which is Part #V2A046-795. Looking at the parts list for the V3 SC, it comes with that exact belt kit, so seems good to go

I don't think it's that clear cut though, that's the problem:

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/562249-vortech-serp-belt-swap-3-33-to-3-12-pulley.html

you drop 1/2" in belt size for each 1/4" decrease in pulley size

in the end its easiest to buy 3 or 4 belts around that size, use the one that is the tightest and return the rest.

Haha, someone just do this before me and tell me what belt they used! :)

According to our American friends and I've read this a few times..

Also, to answer my own question, this pulley requires a 79.5" belt kit (according to Injected Performance's website) which is Part #V2A046-795. Looking at the parts list for the V3 SC, it comes with that exact belt kit, so seems good to go

I don't think it's that clear cut though, that's the problem:

http://my350z.com/fo...-12-pulley.html

you drop 1/2" in belt size for each 1/4" decrease in pulley size

in the end its easiest to buy 3 or 4 belts around that size, use the one that is the tightest and return the rest.

Haha, someone just do this before me and tell me what belt they used! :)

we already did them calculations on previous page

• Like 1