Clutching at straws

AliveBoy

6imna.jpg

At the weekend I went drifting in Holland, awesome fun!

At the weekend I blew my clutch up... not so much fun!

Can anyone internet diagnose with me and help me work out what could potentially be broken?

I was accelerating, went to change gear and nothing happened, as in, put the gear stick into 4th let the clutch out, put my foot on the accelerator and the revs went up and nothing else happened. I can start the car "in gear" without the clutch in and it doesn't lurch forwards, it just STINKS of clutch. Still got plenty of clutch fluid too so it's not a loss of that. All of the shafts are intact and the diff feels fine, so I'd guess it's either the gearbox or the clutch, pretty sure it's the clutch though, just depends on what else I've ruined.

Can anyone help? I know I haven't provided a lot of info, but it's all I have :(

Before she died shot below to try and feel a bit better about it :(

10312467_720824454627003_4580650779509801277_n.jpg

• Like 1

Were you in Zandvoort for the Japfest?

Not sure how much damage you've done, but if the car is not moving engaged in 1st then as a start the entire clutch friction surface has been demolished!

+1 fiction plate disintergrated or pressure plate fubar, wouldn't run it or try as you might damage the flywheel

Another poss is the clutch pedal fork has broken but you would prob feel that on the pedal

Edited by GIXXERUK

Thanks guys, appreciate the help, even wasso's :lol:

GT Driver, yep, I was there for Japfest NL :)

Sorry but my guess would be its fooked whatever it is ;)

If you slowed down a little you'll not break anything :thumbs:

• Like 2

Not sure how much damage you've done, but if the car is not moving engaged in 1st then as a start the entire clutch friction surface has been demolished!

+1 fiction plate disintergrated or pressure plate fubar, wouldn't run it or try as you might damage the flywheel

Another poss is the clutch pedal fork has broken but you would prob feel that on the pedal

If it was the fork he would not start it in gear (or unlikely)

I would guess your first assumptions the clutch plate has split from the friction material so no drive transferred.

The other possibility is the primary shaft snapped but I doubt it is that.

Hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

I would guess your first assumptions the clutch plate has split from the friction material so no drive transferred.

Aye the fork was an after thought, I think it's a case of gearbox off and catch the clutch parts as they fall out ;)

Edited by GIXXERUK