Clay Mitt ( stunned )

Dean_1983

My clay bar needs replacing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, right

I bought it a week after I bought my Zed.... do they have a best before date :shrug:

its clay, from the ground .............. you know, earth (ok very fine earth) but still earth.................thats like seeing bottles of water with an expiry date - 2 million years in the making ...............but it expires next week :lol:

Picked up some stuff over the weekend and spent some time in the sunshine detailing.

Started with power wash and shampoo wash with G3.

G3 clay mitt used with a strong dilution of shampoo (glass first as previously suggested, then bodywork).

Finished off with the G3 turbo detailer, spray-on and buff, gives a great finish.

Impressed with the mitt, was a bit sceptical at first, but results are well worth the £12 it costs! :D

Photos below;

post-22068-0-23943000-1401716003_thumb.jpg

post-22068-0-21933600-1401716004_thumb.jpg

post-22068-0-82822100-1401716004_thumb.jpg

post-22068-0-46283700-1401716005_thumb.jpg

post-22068-0-27963400-1401716006_thumb.jpg

post-22068-0-01767600-1401716007_thumb.jpg

One comment did crop up in a review I was reading,

Traditional claying, you would fold into it self...

What about the grit on the mitt that it picks up?

+1 for this. Would be interested to see how the mitt overcomes this before buying?

Yeah did feel daft :) ... Wanted to point out that by claying your car with the mitt or the conventional clay bar , your removing whatever protection you have on your car .. I'd always apply a polish or paint cleaner then wax / sealant

I done a small panel at a time then rinse in a clean bucket before refilling the mitt with the soapy solution .. This makes sure your not rubbing contaminates all over the car x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You simply wash it out regularly in a bucket of water & shampoo.

So does it have the Ilogikal approval?

Not yet. I've got a "CarPro Polyshave Decontamination Clay Towel" (or something like that - same idea but on a microfibre cloth rather than a mitt) to try/test/compare to a regular clay bar. I'll post up a review when I've tried it though.

• Like 1

Used the mitt yesterday on a friends car ... Worked great left the car nice and smooth before polish and seal ... Think it's on the light side of the clay scale , some of his car had heavy contaminates and it struggled a bit with that .. Still a great product thou

Thought I'd commented in here again, apparently not!

Picked one of these up a few weeks ago with some body prep shampoo conditioner and Auto glym Aqua Wax.

Pretty much followed your lead Dean and washed car first, then clayed panel by panel, followed by a final rinse and application of Aqua Wax. I was so happy with the results until the rain came two days later and put my three hours of work back to square 1 :(

Ha wouldn't say square one mate :) .... I'm weird I LOVE it raining after I have waxed my car ... Shows the results ... Not sure how durable the aqua wax is thou but you should see the protection

Fair enough but I don't think you need to use it each time you wash the car, I'd only bother when I'm reapplying wax or needing to polish again.

I've only tried it on my windscreen, wowza - very good (but only used once so far).

Fair enough but I don't think you need to use it each time you wash the car, I'd only bother when I'm reapplying wax or needing to polish again.

I've only tried it on my windscreen, wowza - very good (but only used once so far).

:lol: on another car mate......I'm not claying the same car over and over.

• Like 2

:lol: on another car mate......I'm not claying the same car over and over.

:lol:

ahhhhh makes sense :blush:

Tried it.

Amazed the first time on a really tough car.

Less impressed the second time. Seemed to really loose the adhesion.

Were you using the Farleca mitt or a different one?

Yup the G3 one.

Tried it again yesterday and it seemed a bit better. Perhaps it was just the car I was using it on.

Edited by Ricey