Zed World Cup Fantasy Footy Fix Here!

Stutopia

Oh and when you get chance Stu can you send me the pm with details.

Muchos gracias :)

De nada.

You know it's Portuguese in Brazil yeah? Just in case you're about to buy your phrase book :lol:

• Like 1

Good work everyone, numbers creeping up. Let's see if we can't boost them further...

If you're looking for Tasty Tipple to enjoy with the South American Summer Soccer Spectacular, look no further than Aguila - Colombia's top drop.

imagejpg1_zps8c127244.jpg

I spent many months there researching just this topic, looking back I can't remember why I stayed so long...

• Like 1

Gonads Unite.

Do I have to do anything on a regular basis to maintain this?

I'm basically a football noob.

Not much, but I'd suggest you check in again after the group stages, for each knockout round (Round 2, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals) and make sure your team is made up from players from countries which have gone through to the next round. Transfer out anyone from any eliminated team. If they aren't in the tournament any more, they can't score points. Other than that, watch the points roll in and dish out some stick!

Gonads Unite.

Do I have to do anything on a regular basis to maintain this?

I'm basically a football noob.

Not much, but I'd suggest you check in again after the group stages, for each knockout round (Round 2, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals) and make sure your team is made up from players from countries which have gone through to the next round. Transfer out anyone from any eliminated team. If they aren't in the tournament any more, they can't score points. Other than that, watch the points roll in and dish out some stick!

Cool,

I just picked random players apart from the goalie, picked the cheapest I could :lol:

Fantasy football is not something to be taken lightly - you need to apply far more than players form - you need to look at the permutations of injuries, team harmony - best possible points yield given to likely pathway to the final so selected players have more opportunities to gain the greatest share of game time and more point chances Its a very skilled art based on some luck but mainly mathematical probabilities.

Disregarding all the the above decided F*ck it - pick the Arsenal players

Gooners on Tour +1 - entered - (the plus one is the goalie !)

• Like 1

Fantasy football is not something to be taken lightly - you need to apply far more than players form - you need to look at the permutations of injuries, team harmony - best possible points yield given to likely pathway to the final so selected players have more opportunities to gain the greatest share of game time and more point chances Its a very skilled art based on some luck but mainly mathematical probabilities.

I was going to do that but couldn't face the stick I'd get from SMD :)

I was going to do that but couldn't face the stick I'd get from SMD :)

Top of the league :dance::yahoo:

Sent from the golf club...

well i never got a pm lol so i didnt enter :(

****! There's another bradders with a PM about fantasy football he probably wasn't expecting! It's not too late, only one game played!

PM sent

Sorry :(

• Like 1

I do a fantasy footy update for the work mini league every few days, thought I'd share some of the awful gags I'm planning for Monday's.

So much for a sleepy tournament suffocated by humidity and drab scoreless games. It's been goal goals goals. Who amongst you saw the Dutch setting fire to the grass and lighting up the joint in the 5-1 mauling of Spain? Featuring a Blinding left wing performance by young Daley, not to mention Robin Van Persie's equaliser showing the Spanish the red light and the top quality Dutch head familiar to all Amsterdam regulars.

Having missed Mexico v Cameroon I'm woefully short of match detail, but I don't think anyone was surprised to see the Mexicans take away a win from a spicy encounter. African fans shouldn't be too disappointed, with clear signs there will be brighter Cameroon diaz ahead.

Elsewhere, red hot Chile peppered the Australia goal for 20 minutes before Cahill's movement cut Isla adrift in an ocean of space, sending Socceroos' fans leaping; some criminal defending means they're likely to continue tasting defeat, both Home & Away. As expected Colombia took a hard line in Group C, leaving the Greeks smashed, shattered and picking up the pieces. The Greeks will have to do feta in the next two games to avoid a grilling.

Though it's hard to believe, all of this action was before the Group D day landing. Not content with a major upset on Friday, Uruguay were left shipwrecked in the rich coastal waters of Costa Rica... Luis Suarez looked starved of football on the bench, with nothing to get his teeth into as The Sky Blues were cannibalised by the opposition, who tabled a two goal serving in three second half minutes and a third course late on, as Urena took the p...

Despite Honda driving Japan into an early lead, once again showing he's a kwik fit in their midfield and ably demonstrating the advantages of a regular service. Ultimately though Honda was left silenced and exhausted, as Les Elephants didn't forget (to score) with some poaching of their own, stampeding away with all three points in their trunk. Football fans all over were disappointed to see a Japanese squad not featuring pun regular Daisuke Matsui, who always got a good reception and never failed to work the channels.

The England match was too emotionally difficult for this author to craft any gags, and only the selection of Raheem caused a rumble in the jungle. Roy Hodgson banked on Sterling, for which he deserves some credit and in return Sterling showed all the hallmarks of a top player, few fans will want to see him exchanged any time soon.

I'm here all week, available for weddings, bat mitzvahs...