New Gearstick Gaiter and Handbrake Cover (With Pics)

Toothy

Looks cool Toothy B)

Can you point me in the dirtection of a 'how to' for fitting the handbrake gaitor? I've got one that I coloured to go with my seats, but bottled it when it came to fitting :lol:

Looks cool Toothy B)

Can you point me in the dirtection of a 'how to' for fitting the handbrake gaitor? I've got one that I coloured to go with my seats, but bottled it when it came to fitting :lol:

+1 to this - fitting guide would be useful :)

EDIT: Looks ace btw :thumbs:

Edited by chirag1988

The one that I got slides over the handbrake lever. I didn't have to take any trim off. I was able to work it down and around the rubber trim around the base of the handbrake. Using some tools that wouldnt mark the material. Thought it may work its way back up and off, as there isn't anything actually holding it on. But so far it hasn't budged an inch.

Edited by Toothy
  • Like 1

Ahh OK, no worries. My handbrake is very close to the rubberised surround (too close to attempt what you've done), maybe it's a subtle different between the facelift and pre-facelift interior..

Looks good!

Got similar ones as well (black with white stitching), but as few people above- never fitted handbrake gaiter, thought it would be loads of pain to fit it and wouldn't look as good...gonna do mine this weekend :lol:

Edited by Vlad

Great find. Just ordered a set. I always wanted to do this but didnt fancy taking a dremel to my handbrake. Did it come with fitting instructions particularly for the gear stick gaitor or did you just work it out for yourself.

Thanks for the heads up...

Thanks. So where do you deploy and fit the cable ties ?.

There is a plastic ring that sits under your gear knob. Little straps of material from the boot wrap around it. You'll see when you take the original off

Thanks. So where do you deploy and fit the cable ties ?.

There is a plastic ring that sits under your gear knob. Little straps of material from the boot wrap around it. You'll see when you take the original off

This. It's pretty self explanatory, just make a mental note of how it fits together before ripping the old gaiter off :thumbs:

Toothy you've inspired me and for that I must thank you.

When I did my seats I also bought a gear and handbrake gaiter off eBay and changed the colour. I howeve gave up trying to fit the handbrake one. But after reading your post, I dug out the thinnest and bluntest kitchen utensil I could find and prodded the handbrake gaiter until it fitted! :lol:

Cheers mate :thumbs:

6FA560E3-AA4F-4B76-91BF-48106D2502F2_zpsuli8glve.jpg