Today has been a "BLING" day..........

d95gas

Thanks to "Mopedmark".

first of all, very sorry if this is in the wrong section, I was a bit split on where best to put it.

Anyway, after a chat last week with "Mopedmark" I was set to receive one of his Bling Plenums and Bling Bonnet catch, they duly arrived on Thursday and wow was I impressed.

So as today was glorious weather, it seemed rude not to use it to spoil the zed. Bonnet catch was the first job, which took all of 10 mins, and what a difference to the original as you can see below:

Bonnet%20Catch.jpg

The finished product had a superb finish to it and it looked like all the springs were new as well. Supplied with new bolts and washers.

Next up was the plenum chamber (Think that's what its called).....Bit more than a 10 minute job, and I cooked in the sun doing it.....not one of my best ideas really, but I couldn't wait to see Mopedmark's handy work sitting in the engine bay.

Old one removed and Jesus was it filthy and a fine coating of some very sticky oily substance which was a nightmare to remove if you got it on you, there wasn't anything of the plenum that you could say was clean:

Plenum%201.jpg

Quick view of what it was like down the intake neck

Intake.jpg

So with that tossed to one side, a quick clean of the throttle body was undertaken, which surprisingly wasn't too bad, was a bit dubious about moving the flap, but in the end I had to.

Mopedmark says he "Vapor Blasts" the plenums, and frankly it does a superb job, not a spec of dirt to be found anywhere, it would of been worth the change just for this:

New%20Plenum.jpg

And the intake was spotless:

Clean%20Intake.jpg

Once everything was back in place, it was time to stand back and admire Mopedmark's hard work, and not easy to photograph in the glaring sun. I love the finished article:

Engine%20Bay2.jpg

Massive thanks to Mopedmark for supplying a superb product and at a very good price.....Now to save the pennies for his custom brace :teeth:

All in all a great afternoon's work. There was a negative to the whole thing, which was that I had to run through the Processes to set the throttle closed position and the Idle Air Volume Learning.... They were a total pain to do, to half a dozen goes to get it done, but worth it in the end.

thanks for looking. All credit goes to Mopedmark

• Like 3

I like your thinking on the Core brace :-) sounds just the job, however, the blue bits are from the orginal owner, I am looking to go Red and as near a Candy Apple red that I can.......The slam plate and the Carbon cover will be dipped in Carbon with a Candy Apple Red finish, so slight change of colour on that core brace :-)

Now need to find the appropriate bolts for the plenum but in Red or at the very least chrome.

I like the sound of that........my get my son in law to do a photoshop mock up.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, always nice to get the thumbs up from the brotherhood (sisterhood is very nice to)