Looking to buy one tonight, advice needed! 05 soft top with 30k

addisj

Hi all,

I know very little about 350z's. My Type R died on me so I need to buy another car pronto.

The car is question is a Non GT, 2005 soft top with 30k miles on the clock. 7,450

Condition looks good from the pics, the odd stone chip, rimmed alloys. no dents, always been garaged and fully sythetic oil used since 2006.

What do you guys think?

Definately drive a couple for comparison.

Make sure it has the correct servicing- . P1, P2, P1, P3 etc.

Check clutch on the test drive as well as that will set you back about £1k to replace it.

Ask owner what fuel it has been run on and if they have any receipts to prove it (worth a punt!). Must be on high octane only and NOT 95.

Have you driven a Z before?

If not, make sure you drive another one before purchasing the drop top :)

I haven't no.. are the tin tops really that different in terms of feel and weight?

Not sure how long you've been looking, but from your post it sounds like it's the first one you've found.

There are a number of buyers guides on here which I'd familiarise myself with if I were you. Price does seem a little high for a non GT, but mileage is good. Check perishable parts that can, erm, perish if car isn't used.

And when you do drive one, don't drive it like your Civic Type R! Especially if it's wet! :scare:

• Like 1

Not sure how long you've been looking, but from your post it sounds like it's the first one you've found.

There are a number of buyers guides on here which I'd familiarise myself with if I were you. Price does seem a little high for a non GT, but mileage is good. Check perishable parts that can, erm, perish if car isn't used.

And when you do drive one, don't drive it like your Civic Type R! Especially if it's wet! :scare:

Lol I have heard they are quite beastly!

The owner is in his 50's, they only take it out on special occasions. Otherwise it lives in a garage.

Apparently the roof has no leaks.. but I know you always get the odd drip from most soft tops when its bucketing it down.

He said he will get the MOT done too before the sale.

Hasn't had a service in 12 months but has only covered 3k miles in that time.

Left it a little bit late to ask the questions as your buying it tonight. :scare:

There are buyers guides on her under "Buying a Zed" use the search facility.

and welcome to The Forum. :welcome:

Yes I know, I am spontaneous as it is, but I literally got a call from my garage explaining how my Type R is toast.

I only had 2 cars in mind to replace it. 350Z and a Focus ST.

The focus isnt really me.. I have always loved the 350z's....

I read above that this is a little over priced. All the others I have found on ebay and autotrader are over 8k and have more miles?!?

• Like 1

Left it a little bit late to ask the questions as your buying it tonight. :scare:

There are buyers guides on her under "Buying a Zed" use the search facility.

and welcome to The Forum. :welcome:

Yes I know, I am spontaneous as it is, but I literally got a call from my garage explaining how my Type R is toast.

I only had 2 cars in mind to replace it. 350Z and a Focus ST.

The focus isnt really me.. I have always loved the 350z's....

I read above that this is a little over priced. All the others I have found on ebay and autotrader are over 8k and have more miles?!?

Check out www.motors.co.uk or Tradelink a Trader on here. :thumbs:

Advice needed :teeth: Buy mine in a few months time...LOL.

Only joking (sort of) but when you mention leaking roof - really shouldn;'t esp with that mileage. Also agree with others that its a tad espensive for a non-gt. For some reason GT fetch a bit more than the sums suggest - esp when they only had bose/leather over the no GTs. And colour also has a ref to second hand values.

Get some pics up.

The owner is in his 50's,

Oh the joys of youth........ :p

Some of the most knowledgeable owners in the Surrey area, are as your statement above. :lol:

(there are a couple of owners who are 'a bit' older, but they drive like grannies ;) )

[actually few people can catch them, must be because they are rushing to the loo ] :lol:

Some of the most knowledgeable owners in the Surrey area, are as your statement above. :lol:

(there are a couple of owners who are 'a bit' older, but they drive like grannies ;) )

[actually few people can catch them, must be because they are rushing to the loo ] :lol:

heh.. Im late 30's (not exactly a spring chicken lol) and the way I drove in my 20's makes me cringe. So I MUCH prefer to buy from mature sellers.

So my comment is a selling plus point.

will check out the classifieds cheers guys

heh.. Im late 30's (not exactly a spring chicken lol) and the way I drove in my 20's makes me cringe. So I MUCH prefer to buy from mature sellers.

Ooops its actually a 2006 not 2005. Would you say thats an OK price for an 06?

Ooops its actually a 2006 not 2005. Would you say thats an OK price for an 06?

Check the roof operates smoothly - we have had several members forking out over a grand to get a new one or spending months fighting with Nissan. Drive it from cold and pay attention to the 1st - 2nd and 5th-6th gear changes. If it is 06 it will be higher tax bracket and you might find it has facelifted interior if you're lucky :thumbs: Price is ok for 06 softop at this time of year... however I would want perfect tyres, good life left on brakes and FSH for that top price.

Edited by Vik54
  • Like 2

First rule of buying a car... don't be in a rush to buy a car !

You're just going to make a mistake, either in £££££ or that you don't like it.

Just take your time.

Research.

Try a few out.

Good luck.

(oh and SEARCH the forums)

:teeth:

Edited by RobPhoboS

I'm 50 !

Please dont think once you reach a certain age the need to throw the car around a bit subsides! Only difference is once you get to that age you can normally pay someone to sort the little errr indiscretions rather than fixing it yourself

Good luck and hope it works out for you