Brad's 350zee GT

Nice to know you have deep pockets as well as a nice z if you are going for coilys..

:lol:

Deep pockets.. they dont call me and my old man step toe and son for nothing haha!

Anyway, what a coincidence.. I ordered 4 new SS bleed nipples off ebay.. they arrive next day posted. why?? the guy lives down my dads road! the address they came from is about 40 houses down the street lol! funny enough, he's called addiction Motorsport and specializes in brembo caliper refurbishment!! how strange I've lived there 24 years and i never knew!

FINALLY! All 4 calipers are done painted connected, re nippled, bought 8 SS new ones in the end to change them all! got the rear brembo stickers going on tonight when i bleed the system I WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE AGAIN WOOO

I've been recommended to put dot 5 in, is that ok?

FINALLY! All 4 calipers are done painted connected, re nippled, bought 8 SS new ones in the end to change them all! got the rear brembo stickers going on tonight when i bleed the system I WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE AGAIN WOOO

I've been recommended to put dot 5 in, is that ok?

I'm pretty sure this is what Horsham Developments put in my Zed ~ http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25423

Bet you can't wait to drive it again. :yahoo::D

well i put some dot 5.1 in, bled all the system, I HAS A CAR AGAIN! all sorted, all looks awesome too, took it round the block a couple times, didnt go far as i hadn't put my new pressed plates on yet so didnt have any on the car, theres a strange clonk when i brake, i'm 100% sure its where i had the caliper helicoiled and i recon its got about 1mm movement in the hole, other than that its fine and the brakes are a bit shite atm as obviously they need to bed in lol.

i shall fit my plates tonight and take her for a drive :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not updated in a while, fitted my pressed plates, and sprayed both badges black and removed the 350z badge!

CIMG1541_zpsaa4ef8f6.jpg

CIMG1515_zps5f01d132.jpg

Gave it a clean after the new brakes all done too:

CIMG1513_zps44e7680b.jpg

CIMG1511_zpsebb637ca.jpg

CIMG1509_zps00febd01.jpg

Overall im not fairly happy with it lol. getting used to it and having more fun despite all the previous issues. Still has bad feedback in the gearstick but still pulls like a train, i will get to sly at kaiser at some point when i have the time to leave the car there for a week or so!

• Like 2

The site i got the plates from says full guarantee of them being legal? All marks numbers etc.. So if i get a fine he can pay lol

Yeah some people will say anything to get your cash unfortunately. :thumbdown:

PART 2VEHICLES REGISTERED ON OR AFTER 1ST JANUARY 1973 AND BEFORE 1ST SEPTEMBER 2001 (OPTIONAL SPECIFICATION)1. The plate must be made of reflex-reflecting material which, as regards its construction, colour and other qualities,
PART 3VEHICLES REGISTERED BEFORE 1ST JANUARY 1973 (OPTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS)ARequirements where the vehicle carries a registration plate which is constructed so that the mark may be illuminated from behind by virtue of the translucency of its characters.1. The registration mark must be formed of white translucent characters on a black background on the surface of that plate.

More info here if you need it; http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/136915-pressed-metal-number-plates-uk-compliant/

Hopefully you'll get away with it but only time will tell. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Looks good Bradders. But :please: tell me you don't need that sticker to tell you where each gear is :shrug::scare:

Or have you also got 'Clutch', 'Stop' and 'Go' stickers on your dash somewhere in view :stir:

• Like 1

Looks good Bradders. But :please: tell me you don't need that sticker to tell you where each gear is :shrug::scare:

Or have you also got 'Clutch', 'Stop' and 'Go' stickers on your dash somewhere in view :stir:

Just thought it looked good lol.. no unfortunately, i just have the accelerator pedal painted green and the brake red lol

• Like 1

both of those parts dont apply to me lol..

Copied the wrong parts. :lol: Still illegal though. :p

REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION PLATESPART 1VEHICLES REGISTERED AND NEW REGISTRATION PLATES FITTED ON OR AFTER 1ST SEPTEMBER 2001 (MANDATORY SPECIFICATION)1. The plate must be made of retroreflecting material which, as regards its construction, colour and other qualities, complies with the requirements of—

(a)the British Standard specification for retroreflecting number plates published on 15 January 1998 under number BS AU 145d(1), or

(b)any other relevant standard or specification recognised for use in an EEA State and which, when in use, offers a performance equivalent to that offered by a plate complying with the British Standard specification,

and which, in either case, is marked with the number (or such other information as is necessary to permit identification) of that standard or specification.

2. Where the registration mark is displayed on the front of the vehicle, it must have black characters on a white background.

3. Where the registration mark is displayed on the back of the vehicle, it must have black characters on a yellow background.

Anyway doubtful you'll get any bother over it but just fyi really.

Love that gear knob by the way and you've done a grand job of polishing the Zed. B):clap:

• 1 month later...

No updates really. exhaust all on etc.. not got any video's etc but if anyone wasat the ace on sat you would have seen/heard the new japspeed, sounds pretty OEM until you plant your foot!

Put myself down for some spacers in the group buy so should have a better stance on the wheels soon, looking for some lowering teins too!