Brad's 350zee GT

Does plastidip look much different to a matt wrap though, finish wise? (i.e. does it still look like cake?)

the problem with plastidip (from what I've seen with my own eyes, not just over the net) is that it's impossible to lay it perfectly smooth, because it's so much thicker than paint, even when it's had thinners used. It lays really orange peel-y and obviously you can't polish that out, because you'll just remove the dip.

• Like 1

Does plastidip look much different to a matt wrap though, finish wise? (i.e. does it still look like cake?)

the problem with plastidip (from what I've seen with my own eyes, not just over the net) is that it's impossible to lay it perfectly smooth, because it's so much thicker than paint, even when it's had thinners used. It lays really orange peel-y and obviously you can't polish that out, because you'll just remove the dip.

Aahh I see, I haven't really seen a car done with it in the flesh on close inspection. Wrap certainly sounds more durable.

Aahh I see, I haven't really seen a car done with it in the flesh on close inspection. Wrap certainly sounds more durable.

You can almost see it here:

10666030_1534225686793562_1292018563_a.jpg

Up close it's like this:

IMG_4036Large.jpg

Meh already spoke with the plasti dipper he highly rates his work has agreed 1 year guarantee and said it will be a smooth finish no orange peel etc.. Im happy with that.

When have you ever spoken to a garage owner and they've said; "yeah I can do it for you but my workmanship is sh*t" :shrug::lol:

Up to you but personally Brad I would be looking at wrapping rather than plasti dipping imo. ;)

Scott on here wrapped some of his Zed himself so take a look here Brad if you think you might want to try that. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68764-scotts-project-zed/page__st__80

Not if it's a proper wrap it won't, it's when cheap vinyl gets used you get the issues. A lot of the here today gone tomorrow companies don't use the correct stuff, which is why so many people have issues. There's the same stories about plastidip unfortunately. I'll be very interested to see how it comes out.

if you do go plasti dip then hope it goes well mate saw a plasti dipped s2000 at mimms last year looked ok but up close you can still see orange peel effect and he said to me it was a a1 job!! Wouldn't say how much he spent but personally I would just save up for a good quality 3m wrap!

Meh. For 450 quid if its @*!# ill leave it a couple mo ths and peel it off. Lol

Anyway. Wow what a day. Whiteline bushes on the banana arms where a PITA. Took several hours as i didnt have a press nor did i remove them from the car haha. Anyway they are on. Front teins are on and so are the front spacers. Tomorrow ill be fitting the rear teins and spacers!!

Meh. For 450 quid if its @*!# ill leave it a couple mo ths and peel it off. Lol

Anyway. Wow what a day. Whiteline bushes on the banana arms where a PITA. Took several hours as i didnt have a press nor did i remove them from the car haha. Anyway they are on. Front teins are on and so are the front spacers. Tomorrow ill be fitting the rear teins and spacers!!

How in gods name did you get the bushes in with no press ?!?!? Did you employ some sort of hulk :lol:

Real men press bushes with their bare hands :lol:

:lol:

This is Brad...

1006843.jpg

:surrender::D

How did you get that pic of me? lol

Yeah im pretty strong tbh.. personal max rep on bench press is 130kg.. lol comfortable at 120 i suppose. but no i done it with the power of heat a mini hack saw, a hammer and screwdriver. Didnt even remove the banana arm to do it, done it all whilst still attached to the car, what made it easy is that the bush was so far gone, it had already fallen out the arm, i just had to get the metal bit out. I'll add pics in next post!

So, Heres how it went lol.. I'll just add all the pics and them a small write up.

The Befores:

CIMG1583_zps422c34f9.jpg

CIMG1582_zps3ee5892d.jpg

CIMG1586_zps06268f71.jpg

Goodiess

CIMG1587_zps2e8a6267.jpg

Getting ready

CIMG1585_zps869fd355.jpg

Old Bushes

CIMG1589_zps6ddf91f9.jpg

CIMG1590_zps16a6953c.jpg

CIMG1591_zps807fc171.jpg

It Just fell off haha:

CIMG1594_zpsdbd2d76b.jpg

Frame off:

CIMG1592_zps403ca010.jpg

CIMG1593_zpse3a8bbee.jpg

CIMG1595_zpse8011cc1.jpg

CIMG1597_zps2baec7fa.jpg

CIMG1598_zps815f8a57.jpg

CIMG1599_zpsfb5dd0f5.jpg

CIMG1600_zpsfcab050d.jpg

Spacerrr, as you can see it took all day as its now dark haha Oh the front tein is on too!

CIMG1601_zps0999dd17.jpg

Yes, i left the protectors on lol, i wanted to :)

CIMG1603_zps34a3eb2e.jpg

Started on the backs:

CIMG1611_zps16a3face.jpg

CIMG1612_zps6f443284.jpg

CIMG1613_zps0041510a.jpg

CIMG1615_zps24135289.jpg

All sorted:

CIMG1614_zpsdd6ee9d5.jpg

CIMG1616_zpscc748655.jpg

CIMG1618_zpsbae2ac83.jpg

CIMG1624_zps81c641b6.jpg

Al in all, it was a big PITA, but a fun overall experience :D happy days, not more squeaking over the bumps and no more bumpy steering! also handles a dream now and looks awesome IMO!!

• Like 2