Silly pedestrian!

A 125 is high powered enough to kill.

I'm not saying she shouldn't have looked and i'm not saying she's blameless.

I'm saying what he did was dangerous and the accident was his fault.

How can it be ? She walked across a road, a line of traffic without looking, straight in front of him and it's his fault ? Just can't see it

If someone stepped off thr kerb in front of your car and you hit them, then that is you're fault ?

I really don't want to argue, but regardless of how stupid the crazy old bird was it is the biker's fault.

He was going too fast, plain and simple.

If she had been hurt and the police saw this video he would be in trouble for it.

As you say, both are at fault, but ultimately he is the operating the machine, she isn't. So the biggest part of responsibility sits on his shoulders.

Her fault.imo. he was riding his bike within the law at a reasonable pace. Not excessive. At her age she should know better.

Lol... she was crossing the road within the law at a reasonable pace, not excessive. Riding a bike through a built up area with the idiots around... he should know better :teeth:

Her fault.imo. he was riding his bike within the law at a reasonable pace. Not excessive. At her age she should know better.

Lol... she was crossing the road within the law at a reasonable pace, not excessive. Riding a bike through a built up area with the idiots around... he should know better :teeth:

Poor obs by both

Very lucky and I wasnt arguing .. We were debating :thumbs:

But you're still wrong :lol:

• Like 1

Yay debate time!

You can't pin the blame on the biker....

If someone had opened there door, would you blame the driver of the car/passenger or the biker for driving through the traffic? - Correct answer is the driver/passenger of the car as they should of looked.

If there was no traffic, and that lady did the exact same thing, just ran across the road and didn't look, would you blame the biker for hitting her? - It would be her fault for not looking, however there would be more room for the biker to maneuver out the way.

As for him going way to fast, hardly....it's stationary traffic, it's going to look faster than it was. Any slower and he would wobble/lose balance and probably nudge a car.

IMO he wasn't riding recklessly and she just didn't look.

I'm not a biker, there are many scenarios where they **** me off, but I'm afraid this was just an unlucky circumstance.

edit - To be fair did just re-watch it, the first time, I didn't spot her, was wondering when someone was going to walk out. 2nd time was much easier to spot. Depends on the position of the camera as to his eye level etc. If his eye level was same with the camera, then he's a dumbass for not spotting her, but she's still a dumbass for not looking.

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

Rules, regulations, armchair experts.... It all comes down to one thing - common sense.

If you step out into the road without looking, regardless of stationary vehicles, then don't come crying to me if you get hit by a motorbike, bike, tandem, horse, jogger, or something else using the road.

He was filtering too fast, she should've looked. Neither are blameless, but if I'm crossing the road then I'm more vulnerable than a car or bike, so you're damn sure I'm looking both ways.

• Like 2

Both of them seemed to have their minds on other things. She was lulled into crossing by the stationary cars but should have looked left.

He should have been extra observant due to the stationary cars and knowing the possibility of pedestrians stepping out.

He also appeared to be going too fast in that situation.

Blame in both camps imo.

Both at fault, he should have been more aware and didn't slow at any point, she should have looked.

He was filtering too fast, she should've looked. Neither are blameless, but if I'm crossing the road then I'm more vulnerable than a car or bike, so you're damn sure I'm looking both ways.

^^ Basically that sums up my views on this. ;)