Silly pedestrian!

To be honest she shouldn't have to look, when traffic is stopped like that doing 20 through the middle is not a good idea.

I saw her coming a long way off, he should have been much more aware driving through stationary traffic like that.

Bikers fault if you ask me.

To be honest she shouldn't have to look, when traffic is stopped like that doing 20 through the middle is not a good idea.

I saw her coming a long way off, he should have been much more aware driving through stationary traffic like that.

Your viewing angle would have been higher than his actual eyes due to the position of the camera.

Of course she should have to look, a pedal bike could even have been coming. She was lucky it wasn't worse involving damage to herself, the biker and other motorists cars!

Filtering up the middle at a far greater speed than the rest of the traffic? Motorbikes fault.

Edit: Just got this from .gov:

"Manoeuvring. You should be aware of what is behind and to the sides before manoeuvring. Look behind you; use mirrors if they are fitted. When in traffic queues look out for pedestrians crossing between vehicles and vehicles emerging from junctions or changing lanes. Position yourself so that drivers in front can see you in their mirrors. Additionally, when filtering in slow-moving traffic, take care and keep your speed low."

Whilst it's not technically illegal what they did, he should have been going at a more reasonable speed compared to the rest of the traffic. What would have happened if someone changed lane? He'd be through their side window. What if a passenger got out of one of the cars? He'd essentially have the bike pulled from under him by it. I'm not saying he should have been going at 3mph asking for permission of each car to pass, but I would say he should be going a good deal slower than he was.

Edited by AliveBoy

Your viewing angle would have been higher than his actual eyes due to the position of the camera.

Of course she should have to look, a pedal bike could even have been coming. She was lucky it wasn't worse involving damage to herself, the biker and other motorists cars!

Wrong, HE was lucky there was no damage and he didn't hurt her.

Being aware of the surrounding area and what situations are likely to occur is a drivers primary concern. Safety first.

When traffic is stopped, pedestrians crossing is highly likely.

Riding through the middle whistling without a care in the world... he was obviously not paying attention.

At 20mph he should have been able to stop that bike on a 5p piece.

Filtering up the middle at a far greater speed than the rest of the traffic? Motorbikes fault.

The rest of the traffic was stopped, hence why 20 mph is a far greater speed and the reason he was filtering

She should of looked, of you had kids would you tell them they don't need to look ?

• Like 1

Being aware of the surrounding area and what situations are likely to occur is a drivers primary concern. Safety first.

Riding through the middle whistling without a care in the world... he was obviously not paying attention.

Hedgehogs-800x800.jpg

• Like 1

And what attention wad the pedestrian paying ? Or don't they need to ?

"Manoeuvring. You should be aware of what is behind and to the sides before manoeuvring. Look behind you; use mirrors if they are fitted. When in traffic queues look out for pedestrians crossing between vehicles and vehicles emerging from junctions or changing lanes. Position yourself so that drivers in front can see you in their mirrors. Additionally, when filtering in slow-moving traffic, take care and keep your speed low."

Whilst it's not technically illegal what they did, he should have been going at a more reasonable speed compared to the rest of the traffic. What would have happened if someone changed lane? He'd be through their side window. What if a passenger got out of one of the cars? He'd essentially have the bike pulled from under him by it. I'm not saying he should have been going at 3mph asking for permission of each car to pass, but I would say he should be going a good deal slower than he was.

Regardless, what excuses her from any blame for not looking ?

I'm not saying she was 100% not at fault, they both were, but a bike travelling in between two rows of cars is quite hard to spot sometimes, especially when it's travelling 20mph faster than the traffic which surrounds it.

You're getting caught up in the "I'm a biker therefore I know all about bikes and bikers never do anything wrong" train of thought.

He should have been going slower, she should have looked better. It's that simple.

• Like 1

She isn't faultless... but then she isn't the one operating a high powered deadly machine either...

Or wearing protective gear so surely she should be more careful

Two lanes approachIng traffic lights, in one lane the traffic stops and you proceed in the other lane, a pedestrian steps out and you hit them !

That then is you're fault for driving a high powered machine and not having good observation ??

High powered, looked like a 125cc to me

I'm not saying she was 100% not at fault, they both were, but a bike travelling in between two rows of cars is quite hard to spot sometimes, especially when it's travelling 20mph faster than the traffic which surrounds it.

You're getting caught up in the "I'm a biker therefore I know all about bikes and bikers never do anything wrong" train of thought.

He should have been going slower, she should have looked better. It's that simple.

No I'm not, yes they both were to blame, as soon as he filtered he should slowed and sat as high as he could but if she had looked it wouldn't of happened

No I'm not, yes they both were to blame, as soon as he filtered he should slowed and sat as high as he could but if she had looked it wouldn't of happened

So you're not quoting everyone who says the biker is at fault? Looks like you're up there on the I'm a biker clubs high horse to me. As you say, if she had looked it MIGHT not have happened. Just like if HE had slowed down.

Dedman out captain.

A 125 is high powered enough to kill.

I'm not saying she shouldn't have looked and i'm not saying she's blameless.

I'm saying what he did was dangerous and the accident was his fault.

• Like 1

So you're not quoting everyone who says the biker is at fault? Looks like you're up there on the I'm a biker clubs high horse to me. As you say, if she had looked it MIGHT not have happened. Just like if HE had slowed down.

Dedman out captain.

No I'm not on the bikers side but it's madness to say its the bikers fault

And I'm not sure about might, if she had looked and seen a high powered machine hurtling towards her with a crazed whistling madman at the helm I don't think she would of stepped out

Both to blame but more so her imo

• Like 1

Both of them seemed to have their minds on other things. She was lulled into crossing by the stationary cars but should have looked left.

He should have been extra observant due to the stationary cars and knowing the possibility of pedestrians stepping out.

He also appeared to be going too fast in that situation.

Blame in both camps imo.

• Like 1

A 125 is high powered enough to kill.

I'm not saying she shouldn't have looked and i'm not saying she's blameless.

I'm saying what he did was dangerous and the accident was his fault.

How can it be ? She walked across a road, a line of traffic without looking, straight in front of him and it's his fault ? Just can't see it

If someone stepped off thr kerb in front of your car and you hit them, then that is you're fault ?

Both of them seemed to have their minds on other things. She was lulled into crossing by the stationary cars but should have looked left.

He should have been extra observant due to the stationary cars and knowing the possibility of pedestrians stepping out.

He also appeared to be going too fast in that situation.

Blame in both camps imo.

Exactly, not the bikers fault .. Both

• Like 1