Who wins the Clutch Competition

Dicky

Just wondering and to relieve the boredom of Thursday eveningv TV.

How may miles have you managed to get out of your clutch. I never really ragged mine but have had a few blurts (only to 70 mph m'lord) rarely and managed 65.7k to date.

Anyone better that.

Also what's the least miles you got from your clutch?

We've had a Zed through the workshop that's had 115,000 on the original clutch, the lowest has been 14,000 miles... :)

WoW and I thought I was doing well on 65k!

This is getting unbelievable cos I never thought 114k and above was achievable. I was thinking 40k to 50 k was normal. This is getting interesting now!

I never thought you could get that much either! He must drive like a nanny to get so many miles from it?

• Like 1

This is getting unbelievable cos I never thought 114k and above was achievable. I was thinking 40k to 50 k was normal. This is getting interesting now!

I never thought you could get that much either! He must drive like a nanny to get so many miles from it?

Smooth baby, just smooth :)

• Like 2

Less about you Struan, what about the clutch ;)

• Like 1

Less about you Struan, what about the clutch ;)

If you've got it flaunt Steve ;)

Beat the lot of you!

19,400 miles and down to the rivets :yahoo:

You lot want learn how to drive :p

Hang on , what about CS input above some guy managed only 14k. Have to admit though that 19k is pretty good going and unless we can put a name to the guy who CS refers to you are defo in the lead for hairiest driver! :)

I've been making preparations for a clutch change at my 65k but glad I posted this now cos I feel I can relax a bit after the revelations posted.

Keep them coming, this getting interesting

Just drive normally, just get prepped for a change when you feel it starting to slip.

I don't drive like a nanny, been to the Nürburgring several times, V-Max runs on the autobahn, the usual occasional sprited driving.

Just enjoy the car, don't worry too much

How high do each of your clutches feel at those mileages? I test drove an 06 with 68k on the clock and the clutch was ridiculously high, it made me look stupid trying to pull away in it with the owner in the passenger seat!

How high do each of your clutches feel at those mileages? I test drove an 06 with 68k on the clock and the clutch was ridiculously high, it made me look stupid trying to pull away in it with the owner in the passenger seat!

With my 65k the clutch pedal doesn't seem to have changed its bite point at all as far as I can tell

61k on what I believe is the original clutch, cant say I've noticed any difference over the last 20,000 miles. It was heavy and had a high biting point then, still heavy and has a high biting point now.

Personally I think if you drive smoothly and with mechanical sympathy a clutch should last for ages - I always try and rev match on downshifts, always use the handbrake when stopped on a hill and don't ever do full bore standing starts. Once in gear then fine can use the full performance potential, but its how you change gear that determines clutch longevity.

• Like 1