Apple Macbook, MacPro, iMac & IOS Tips, Tricks & Software Thread

Neilp

Something that might interest Mac owners.

I've got a 13 MacBook Air and I'm mostly very happy with it.

One really annoying thing is the start up sound. It plays at the volume set at shutdown and can't be disabled. Turn it on while people are asleep it will wake the house.

To stop it you can mute the sound before shut or alternatively use a program called start ninja which does it automatically. It's free and also works with the FileVault 2 WDE as well.

http://www.allvu.com/index.php/sndownloadpage.html

Hope someone finds it useful.

• Like 1

Looking for some advice here please guys :)

Some confusion here in the Smurf household regarding Photostream and iCloud.

I understand that If Photostream is activated on iPhone pictures taken are automatically backed up to iCloud. Now, if I was to subsequently delete photos from Camera Roll on that iPhone will this delete these photos from iCloud the next time a back up to iCloud takes place?

I understand that If Photostream is activated on iPhone pictures taken are automatically backed up to iCloud. Now, if I was to subsequently delete photos from Camera Roll on that iPhone will this delete these photos from iCloud the next time a back up to iCloud takes place?

Haven't looked in to it Papa, I have the photobucket app and have set it up to auto backup any pictures on my phone :)

Haven't looked in to it Papa, I have the photobucket app and have set it up to auto backup any pictures on my phone :)

Me too, it's mrs papa if truth be told :)

Dave, does this keep them private? I noticed with photo bucket that you lose a lot of image quality.

G, if you are wanting to keep them accessible on the cloud. Start an album in shared but don't invite anybody to it, just upload all your photo stream to it. I'm not sure if this will work once you delete the photos, however i'd test it with a single photo. When I get a minute later tonight I will have a play with it to see if this works.

Dave, does this keep them private? I noticed with photo bucket that you lose a lot of image quality.

G, if you are wanting to keep them accessible on the cloud. Start an album in shared but don't invite anybody to it, just upload all your photo stream to it. I'm not sure if this will work once you delete the photos, however i'd test it with a single photo. When I get a minute later tonight I will have a play with it to see if this works.

I think you can set your gallery private or not, I don't post any of my naked pics there so it is safe to view ;)

Yes I have a shared album for my iPhone/iPad/Mac :)

• 2 weeks later...