Ghosts

Grundy

I moved to Wales as a 12 year old in 1961, the very large house we lived in was due to be demolished as it stood in the way of the Rock Ferry By Pass. The house we moved to was massive and had been empty for 2 years following the death of an elderly lady who lived there. Being an only child and with no other houses anywhere near I was always listening out for strange noises, most of them turned out to be birds in the loft or in a few cases birds stuck in the chimneys. Anyway, we rented this house, it was owned by The Castle Fire Brick Company who in turn were owned by John Summers Steelworks. The house still had a lot of "stuff" lying about, one of them was a diary belonging to the old lady from the early 1900's . There were also some wonderful drawings she had made as a child. She was one of a large family of 8 children but when we read through the diary we came to some pages where she described no less than 5 of her siblings all dying in the same week in a flu pandemic that swept the country in the early 1900's or possibly the late 1890's. Then, we later found out that her husband had hung himself in the house in the 1930's....shortly after that we received news that the person who had taken over the tenancy of our old house in Birkenhead had also hung himself in the house...how weird is that!

When I was 15 or so, this weird noise started up but only late at night. I can only describe it as the noise you would hear if you stood a few feet away from an electrical sub station. This went on for several years and would last 15 to 30 minutes before it stopped. It could only be heard from my bedroom and seemed to be coming from the loft (which is where the suicide took place). The loft had been sealed by my Dad when we first moved in and according to him there was nothing up there to cause such a noise and the electricity supply was on the opposite side of the house. I left there when I was 24, the noises had stopped by then, but years later spoke to the next occupants who also heard strange unexplained noises. I don't think I'd ever want to live in an old, large and isolated house again :scare: .

Pete

I got scared reading that :(

That was a really interesting story, as much as there could be a explanation, it's sometimes nice to just leave it as it is and draw your own conclusion.

Edited by grundy225

the only the experince i have of it and its tame is as follows,

when round a friends flat one evening and sort of 5 minutes before we were leaving they were telling me about so odd stuff that had been happening that week like books coming off of bedside tables and landing perfectly stacked on the floor, a box that was wedged on there wardrobe for months randomly crashing to the floor one night, then as we were leaving they have a cupboard just at the door to the flat and he was telling me how since the book and box incident thing that were placed perfectly on shelf had been falling off, Well we were stood near it as i was getting my shoes on and it went ice cold and we both looked at each other like thats weird after just talking about that stuff, then we both sort of froze, then i cant recall how many but a few thuds came from inside this cupboard, we were still sort of froze looking at each other like WTF, at which point his missus had just walked from the living room to say good bye and the ice coldness went, i open the cupboard and hes said i emptyed it two nights ago because of the stuff falling, so what was making the thuds from inside i have no idea, but they now have moved away so not sure if it was all in the mind or what but first time ive been unable to speak and my muscle wouldnt allow me to move before

For all that DO NOT believe - do you consider all spiritualists to be liars and thieves ?

Yep.

+1

+2

I kinda do aswell but to be fair they do get alot of unusual things right. I'd love to know how they do it.

There was a good Darren Brown show where he exposed them which shed a lot of light on how they do it all.

Edited by rabbitstew

Slightly off topic I did the midnight ghost walk in Edinburgh, which was good

For all that DO NOT believe - do you consider all spiritualists to be liars and thieves ?

surly on like ghost walks etc its a form of entertainment, asking someone to come to your house and talk to aunt mable then yea

Edited by StevoD

Slightly off topic I did the midnight ghost walk in Edinburgh, which was good

Midnight in Edinburgh, there were a lot spirits .. The liquid kind :lol: it was good, I enjoyed it

They were separate comments ... Preying on the vulnerable at their lowest point for financial gain is a different thing

surly on like ghost walks etc its a form of entertainment, asking someone to come to your house and talk to aunt mable then yea

B@llox I always do that ! Reply within a quote ... Phone !

Edited by GIXXERUK

Right no one rip the arse out of this!!

I work in a hospital and one day I walked into a ward. A bank nurse who I have never laid eyes on in my life said to me "oh we need to talk"!

Later I was back in the same ward and she asked to speak to me in the staff room. I sat down and she said that my dad Willie said to tell me.........

I nearly passed out because the things she was talking about, no one knew about and was a real concern for me.

I racked my mind to how she would know this stuff and to this date i still don't know. Never saw her before that day and never saw her since. Also no one at work could possibly have told her anything and she only ever did one shift in our hospital!

I work in a hospital and one day I walked into a ward. A bank nurse who I have never laid eyes on in my life said to me "oh we need to talk"!

Later I was back in the same ward and she asked to speak to me in the staff room. I sat down and she said that my dad Willie said to tell me.........

I nearly passed out because the things she was talking about, no one knew about and was a real concern for me.

I racked my mind to how she would know this stuff and to this date i still don't know. Never saw her before that day and never saw her since. Also no one at work could possibly have told her anything and she only ever did one shift in our hospital!

She must be off the forum, did she mention BMW ?

• Like 2

She must be off the forum, did she mention BMW ?

How did you know that? Do you know her? Was it you??