35 profile tyres on 18"

Tomb

Looking at a new set of wheels for the zed and they come with a 35 profile tyre on an 18" rim, no silly strech on them or anything should sit nice and straight.

Will these cause any issues with a uk 04 zed? ... Tc light/ slip light anything like that?

Also any pictures would be nice as I think the lower profile tyre will look real nice on the car.

Tom.

Rolling radius of both front and rears should not differ from OEM by more than 2.5%

although this is advised a TC system work on the speed difference on each axle so if you stay between the percentage difference in size irrelevant of the oem between each axle vdc etc will be fine

Edited by StevoD

Rolling radius of both front and rears should not differ from OEM by more than 2.5%

although this is advised a TC system work on the speed difference on each axle so if you stay between the percentage difference in size irrelevant of the oem between each angle vdc etc will be fine

agreed :)

Jeez more complex than I first thought.

There will most deffinatly be a bigger arch gap due to the profile drop but by the time these wheels are potentially fitted I will have coilovers already installed

There will most deffinatly be a bigger arch gap due to the profile drop but by the time these wheels are potentially fitted I will have coilovers already installed

just remember if you lower it 30mm say and you have lower profile tyres on it will be more like 40 or 50mm drop so you will end up getting stuck on speed bumps lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i run 40 profiles and am about 40mm lower, and i scrape on everything where there is uneven surface, exhaust, arches the lot

ur gonna have to have your suspension absolutely static, to compensate, so ur ride is gonna suck

So what size are the tyres again?

Are you planning on a full coilover conversion? Be aware of the issues regarding the rear mounts.

The HSD Dualtechs aren't full coilovers.

That's going to be a bit oversteery as you're reducing the stagger. Your sizes are 3.64% smaller on the front, and 5.16% smaller on the rear, so I'd expect some TCS issues with those sizes.

OEM Front Rear

Diameter 659.7mm 677.7mm

Circumference 2072.5mm 2129.1mm

New

Diameter 635.7mm 642.7mm

Circumference 1997.1mm 2019.1mm

Speedo error 3.78% 5.45%

Reading at 30mph 31.13mph 31.63mph

Reading at 60mph 62.27mph 63.27mph

Ride height gain -12mm -17.5mm

Arch gap loss -12mm -17.5mm

Edited by AliveBoy

A bit of googling will find you a tyre calculator which takes care of all the maths. There some phone apps as well.

Its a pain in the arse because the wheel size is in inches, the tread width is in millimetres and the tyre profile is a percentage of the tread width.

Personally I run 245/40/18 on the front and 265/40/18 on the rear with no traction control problems.

Edited by Mack