Zed - fest 14 8, 9, 10 August

martinmac

ZED – FEST 14

Derek has had problems posting this up so I have copied it across. ANy specific questions please ask on this thread or pm Arkwright directly. Having run around like an idiot over the LakeZ weekend this is my chance to chill and relax with other members. Lets get some good numbers up for this year.

This year the committees of the Z Club.net, 300zx.co.uk, and 350z-uk.com would like to invite the combined memberships plus invited clubs to ZED – FEST 14 which once again will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8, 9, 10 August 2014. Please note that the date has been brought further forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrookethere are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. There will not be a bar this year. You are encouraged to provide your own drinks (we do request that you try to avoid glass bottles). We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy†motoring related sports. Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

A band provided by martinmac will be playing on Saturday night

There will be an entry fee charged of £10 per person for the event. You can pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.80 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge. Hook-ups are now available but not near the general camping area. Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements. Please be aware that the main paddock where you will park up and pitch your tents will be a ‘quiet area’ All gazebos etc for evening gatherings should be set up in the central paddock to avoid undue noise and disturbance.

Friday will not be regarded as a main day of the event and is purely for exhibitors, traders and anyone who wants to arrive early to set up. If you intend to arrive on Friday please let me know so that an evening meal can be arranged for those who require it. There is no entry fee for this day but if stopping overnight you will be required to pay the evening camping fee. Please note that increased security means that electric gates to the site close at 10pm.

This year we are celebrating 25 years of the 300ZX (Z32) and we hope that something special will take place. Anyone with any suggestions to improve this event should contact me or your clubs NEO soonest.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

For those of you who don’t want to make a full weekend of it but would like to enter the car show on Sunday the entry fee will be £5. Hot food and drinks or soft drinks will be available from 8am. Cars will be judged from 11am.

Azure 350 thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch nearer the date. All offers of help are gratefully received.

Lexx - poor excuse. Tre Trent is navigable up to Gunthorpe, I'm sure someone will pick you up from the Unicorn if you can squeeze through the locks.

• Like 2

I should be coming again this year! one thing that might be fun to include for the event could be some karting fun? just 10 minutes down the road is an out door karting track which is brilliant see link!

http://www.amencornerkarting.co.uk/

you could decide on a race format once you know numbers. its value for money as the karts are quick and they can even do a buffet?

• Like 1

This is a bit out of area for me so if anyone want to sort a drive out please contact Arkwright or myself. I think the Karting is also a great idea. I thought my music promoter days were over but here we go again. Nearly sorted now and I am looking forward to hearing them. :)

The bands repertoire. :D

smallnew.gifI Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles (1963)

smallnew.gifIt's Not Unusual - Tom Jones (1965)

Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett (1965)

I'm A Believer - The Monkees (1966)

smallnew.gifBrown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (1967)

Daydream Believer - The Monkees (1967)

Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf (1968)

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond (1969)

Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley (1969)

Paranoid - Black Sabbath (1970)

Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade (1973)

Make Me Smile (Come Up & See Me) - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel (1975)

Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac (1977)

Rockin' All Over The World - Status Quo (1977)

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen (1979)

Ride Like The Wind - Christopher Cross (1980)

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - The Blues Brothers (1980)

Gimme Some Lovin' - The Blues Brothers (1980)

Enola Gay - OMD (1980)

Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie (1980)

Tainted Love - Soft Cell (1981)

Hold On Tight To Your Dreams - ELO (1981)

Town Called Malice - The Jam (1982)

Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran (1982)

White Wedding - Billy Idol (1982)

Rio - Duran Duran (1982)

Mirror Man - The Human League (1982)

Gold - Spandau Ballet (1983)

Jump - Van Halen (1983)

(Feels Like) Heaven - Fiction Factory (1983)

Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen (1984)

Together In Electric Dreams - Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroda (1984)

Summer of 69 - Brian Adams (1984)

Don’t You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds (1985)

Live It Up - Mental As Anything (1985)

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears (1985)

Alive & Kicking - Simple Minds (1985)

Walk Of Life - Dire Straits (1985)

Sanctify Yourself - Simple Minds (1986)

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi (1986)

Here I Go Again - Whitesnake (1987)

The One I Love - REM (1987)

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers (1988)

You Got It - Roy Orbison (1989)

Sit Down - James (1989)

Losing My Religion - REM (1991)

I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts (1995)

Breakfast At Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something (1995)

Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis (1996)

Angels - Robbie Williams (1997)

Dance The Night Away - The Mavericks (1998)

Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams (1998)

Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols (2000)

Have A Nice Day - Stereophonics (2001)

Mr Brightside - The Killers (2003)

I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs (2004)

Dakota - Stereophonics (2005)

You’re All I Have - Snow Patrol (2006)

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (2006)

Valerie - The Zutons (2006)

Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs (2007)

Sex On Fire - The Kings Of Leon (2008)

smallnew.gifHuman - The Killers (2008)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Names List for Zed - Fest. Please add your name below if you intend to come

Arkwright Fr1, Sat, Sun

Zulley Fri, Sat, Sun

Mr HollowPoint Fri, Sat, Sun

Mrs HollowPoint Fri, Sat, sun

Martinmac Fri, Sat, sun

Bird Fri, Sat, Sun

Buckaroo Banzai Fri, Sat, Sun

Maverick 300 Fri, Sat, sun

Mikey Bean, Fri, Sat, sun

Azure3 Fri,Sat, Sun

davedutch Sun

Rickdon Sat, Sun,

bruno Fri Sat, sun

Edited by Arkwright
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right guys, thats LakeZ out of the way and I can now concentrate on Zedfest. I am really looking forward to a weekend with someone else doing all the organising. Lets get some names on the ist for this one. If anyone fancies some Karting get you names down for this. I am sorting out the band so although you may not have heard of them they are good.

Hi I'm a newbie 350z owner just 4 weeks! How many are you hoping to get there? It's a long way up for us from Wiltshire so am wondering if it's worth making the trip up as can only do the Sunday 😩 thinking might be better doing the Beaulieu one the Sunday before? Then get up to zed Fest proper next year maybe my husbands not as into cars as me so need to make sure he will enjoy it too. Oh I'm gonna be 62 on the 9th eeeek! Thanks 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not working that weekend and this sounds awesome!

i will put my name down for now but i am looking to move house in the near future so may have to back out nearer the time.

If there are many coming from the north, and want to convoy i will be taking this route from warrington! some great roads that way.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/WA1+4PD,+UK/Sherbrooke+Scout+Camp,+Mansfield+Ln,+Calverton,+Nottingham+NG14+6HP/@53.165774,-2.3605124,9z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x487b01a5d32a3309:0xba475f17854e5a27!2m2!1d-2.5373464!2d53.4010227!3m4!1m2!1d-1.9527954!2d53.2390309!3s0x487a37211234d25f:0x395aee12670e4fae!1m5!1m1!1s0x4879b8a17a2d7c39:0x1b21e43d0e451c0c!2m2!1d-1.0817027!2d53.0486435!3e0

Come on peeps we need more names than this. We have a top band (courtesy of Martinmac) the possibility of a hog roast (depending on numbers) Karting etc

attendees so far

Arkwright Fr1, Sat, Sun

Zulley Fri, Sat, Sun

Mr HollowPoint Fri, Sat, Sun

Mrs HollowPoint Fri, Sat, sun

Martinmac Fri, Sat, sun

Bird Fri, Sat, Sun

Buckaroo Banzai Fri, Sat, Sun

Maverick 300 Fri, Sat, sun

Mikey Bean, Fri, Sat, sun

Azure350z Fri,Sat, Sun

davedutch Sun