Upgradings at the weekend

StevoD

And to be fair at £299 I might go and look at this Nexus 5.. :lol: I am getting a little sick of everyone going 'Ohhh look your screen is smashed'.

Thing is, I want a phone that's quite small.. Anyone got the HTC One Mini? Supposed to be okay.

And to be fair at £299 I might go and look at this Nexus 5.. :lol: I am getting a little sick of everyone going 'Ohhh look your screen is smashed'.

Thing is, I want a phone that's quite small.. Anyone got the HTC One Mini? Supposed to be okay.

I've not really done any research on the 'mini' versions of phones but most of the big companies are doing them now. FWIW I used to think the 'large' screens were too big (my last phone was a Desire) but I'd not go back now.

Get this:

TAG-Heuer-Meridiist-1.jpg

Wysips Crystal is a transparent photovoltaic component placed between the screen's and the LCD screen. It is invisible to the naked eye but the thin layer of cells charge automatically when exposed to light from the sun or artificial. They then power the battery.

There will be only 1911 numbered pieces made of the Meridiist Infinite, which is modelled on the same principals as the conventional Meridiist.

It is made from grade 5 Titanium and carbon, has a full-colour 2.4-inch TFT LCD display (320 x 240) and top ranged monochrome OLED panel for extra information. The phone is dual SIM and comes with a 5-megapixel rear camera and 8GB of storage.

Tag Heuer is yet to reveal the price of the self-charging device, but considering that the current Meridiist costs 3,900 euros (£3,221) you can expect to pay a fair bit more than that for one.

https://uk.news.yaho...31.html#1u90z2y

Edited by AliveBoy

Ekona you a apple guy then, iphone is an option just to me it look like the same phone the original was in fact i preferred that the new one ios7 or whatever its called looks a bit chilish

Missed this, soz :blush:

I'm fully entrenched in the iOS system and way of doing things which does make my choice easier, I admit, but I genuinely think the iPhone is the best phone for me. Above all else, I rate response as the number one feature on a phone, and the iPhone has and always will trump anything else on this simply because of the way the OS prioritises things. Try them side by side in a shop, and you'll see with ease that the response on the iPhone is quicker than any Android phone.

Of course, I appreciate that this doesn't matter to everyone and fully understand why people don't like iPhones (some reasonable, some just anti-Apple), however if a device cannot get the very basics such as interaction right then I'm not interested.

• Like 1

Ekona you a apple guy then, iphone is an option just to me it look like the same phone the original was in fact i preferred that the new one ios7 or whatever its called looks a bit chilish

Missed this, soz :blush:

I'm fully entrenched in the iOS system and way of doing things which does make my choice easier, I admit, but I genuinely think the iPhone is the best phone for me. Above all else, I rate response as the number one feature on a phone, and the iPhone has and always will trump anything else on this simply because of the way the OS prioritises things. Try them side by side in a shop, and you'll see with ease that the response on the iPhone is quicker than any Android phone.

Of course, I appreciate that this doesn't matter to everyone and fully understand why people don't like iPhones (some reasonable, some just anti-Apple), however if a device cannot get the very basics such as interaction right then I'm not interested.

This, sums it up in a nutshell.

Back 3/4 years ago when I got my iPhone 4 - It was unbeatable in terms of response, other phones Sony, HTC, Samsung etc, were all quite - lets say laggy when it came to scrolling through apps etc.

Now to be fair, that was 4 years ago, and phones have got considerably better now, and I haven't really tested anything else. - I for one am no apple fan boy, wouldn't get a mac/imac unless I was seriously into photoshop etc. and I HATE itunes with a passion.

What Android has over IOS is free roam to 3rd party apps/software/configs etc - Iphone is locked down unless you remove the lock down, which many people would prefer not to do.

This is what I use;

Motorola-Moto-G.png

Does everything I need it to like make calls/send texts plus it has a good enough camera for taking pictures of the Zed. Miles ahead of a lot of mobiles for the price. :thumbs:

I've got this too, it's epic for the price!! I doubt there's much between it and higher spec phones in terms of performance. I'm well impressed with this phone.

^^ Only thing I found Flex is that the Motorola's standard case was a bit slippery. By that I mean that I dropped it about 5 times in the first five minutes of taking it out of the box. :blush::lol:

Got a nice silicone rubber case for it off eBay very cheaply and now it's so much better. Link below in case you're interested in getting one. :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRIP-S-LINE-WAVE-GEL-CASE-FOR-MOTOROLA-MOTO-G-FREE-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-/310801924271?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item485d3d00af

Well for those who are intrested I spent a good hour or two playing with phones and went for a HTC one but cheers for the Moto g recommendations as got one for me mum as her Motorola flip phone from 2005 needs changing did look at iPhone but monthly rate was an extra 15 a montn

Well for those who are intrested I spent a good hour or two playing with phones and went for a HTC one but cheers for the Moto g recommendations as got one for me mum as her Motorola flip phone from 2005 needs changing did look at iPhone but monthly rate was an extra 15 a montn

That's good then StevoD and I'm sure your Mum will be very happy with the MotoG. It really is a great phone imo especially for the price/tariffs. ;)

Now just enjoy trying to learn how to use the new phone. :D

• Like 1