What a Result at Tesco.

WhackyWill

You do realise that you're paying more for your groceries. It's just buying loyalty. Petrol would be much cheaper without loyalty programmes.

I noticed a while back whenever Tesco had a fuel promotion they were the dearest in the area...

Sent from the golf club...

If you shop in tesco anyway and don't go out your way toget extra stuff or go there, it's a little bonus

Yeah thats why I use Sainsbury as I live next to one and work near one.

I often look at the Tesco offers and they are good buy just bugs me that when they are on their prices are the highest :dry:

they're one of the most expensive around at the moment - my wife has started using M&S as the prices are very similar and she "thinks" she's getting a better product :wacko:

If you shop in tesco anyway and don't go out your way toget extra stuff or go there, it's a little bonus

Yeah thats why I use Sainsbury as I live next to one and work near one.

I often look at the Tesco offers and they are good buy just bugs me that when they are on their prices are the highest :dry:

The tesco fuel offer is on all the time now and it's not a paper voucher just use your club card when paying for your fuel.

I did say a few posts back that I wonder how much they make by folks adding a couple of items to make it over the £50 mark. As far as products being more expensive, they do price check like for like and refund the difference if you paid more. That has happened to me but the items have to be like for like and what they deem qualifies can be a little ambiguous from what I can tell.

What I meant was their fuel prices being higher not food prices.

Good that it's not on vouchers now, used to get all the chavs selling them on eBay :headhurt:

With you, I didn't think of that way around as ours seem conpetively priced anyway.

As for the vouchers... I'd lost a few through washing jeans etc so I'm all for the card :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't use their fuel at all (unless no other option).

But more importantly, how the hell did you get that much fuel in the tank ?

I can only get 43 liters in the ruddy thing !!! (filled up from near empty yesterday)

Edited by RobPhoboS

I can only get 43 liters in the ruddy thing !!! (filled up from near empty yesterday)

Something not right with your fuel tank! It holds 80ltrs

I think I read about this before...that air is not escaping quick enough etc and that basically stops it from filling up to the top. Or something like that.

There's something wrong with your tank..

I wasn't even on reserve the light had not come on.

Holds 80 litres, :blush:

this also appears to be a common misconception :wacko: - its been discussed ad-finitum :surrender:

Of course everyone only wants the best for their beloved Zed but being a fuel snob is totally over the top, unless you use 95ron you will be fine.

AFAIK only tesco & sainsbury do super unleaded out of the supermarkets and plenty of owners on here have run for years using them, I know I did, without issue. If it makes you feel better only putting in ultimate fuel then fine :)

Your fuel sensor will be dirty, it's very common and it causes the car to show as empty with still a load of fuel in there. I've usually about 15 litres in there when the DTE shows 0 miles.

Your fuel sensor will be dirty, it's very common and it causes the car to show as empty with still a load of fuel in there. I've usually about 15 litres in there when the DTE shows 0 miles.

Ah cheers, I found the main how to thread, so will look into it.