Would you get flames with a decat?

TiN TiN

I was told by my mate that I was spitting blue flames from my exhaust when it was blowing from the standard one! Kinda wish I didn't have to change it now, but the Invidia Gemini is great! :thumbs:

Mine is decatted and DOES pop flames, no remap. It's normally when I'm drifting that it flames though as lots of on and off the throttle gets unburned fuel into the exhaust and the heat of it causes the flame once the fuel reaches oxygen. They're not 3 foot or anything, the only time it's really noticeable was when I was drifting in the dark at matchams the other week :)

• Like 1

Mine pops and makes some great noises a fair bit, although no idea if flames are occurring! The spark plug idea has been around some years, although it will mean you melt your rear bumper in a week :lol:

and be associated with

hqdefault.jpg

Oh god here we go again :lol:

I've got Decats Before and After Map. Had no hectic bangs, nothing like I had in a turbo. But then again, I've not had the chance to drive it long distances hard etc, will all come down to the engine being warm, over fueling etc.

Guess I'll find out at Combe.

I have lost count the number of groups of teenagers that ask me to rev the car when they walk past and I am in traffic...I keep replying with 'no, I am too old for all that!'

Should have bought a Jaaaaag :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

And have 75 year old men walking their whippets doffing their flat caps at me as I drive by... :lol:

Edited by coldel

I have lost count the number of groups of teenagers that ask me to rev the car when they walk past and I am in traffic...I keep replying with 'no, I am too old for all that!'

Should have bought a Jaaaaag :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

And have 75 year old men walking their whippets doffing their flat caps at me as I drive by... :lol:

i went to a jaguar owners meet and great once :stir::p

halloween-graveyard.jpg

Edited by StevoD