How not to show off in your supercar

coldel

Whoever's fault it was, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

I would be highly surprised if the Lambo was doing 30 or less...........30mph in a lambo is almost walking pace.........he should have had enough time to stop...

Sums it up pretty well really.

Edit, interestingly the air bags didn't deploy and the Lambo doesn't seem to have a front number plate. I guess it could have been knocked off but a quick browse through some internet pics reveals they are mounted in the centre of the bumper which looked undamaged to me. I also considered that maybe the Lambo's vision was obscured by a parked car but then noticed it was LHD so it should have given the driver a decent view.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

As said the Mazda driver was a ***** but if the Lambo was doing legal speeds surely it would have been able to stop seeing as it has mahooosive brakes and weighs about as much as my left knacker....

I love people that hesitate, wait a bit longer then just pull out anyway.....

And yes I know I need to tilt the camera up a bit, must have knocked it at some point :blush:

Sent from the golf club...

As said the Mazda driver was a ***** but if the Lambo was doing legal speeds surely it would have been able to stop seeing as it has mahooosive brakes and weighs about as much as my left knacker....

And yes I know I need to tilt the camera up a bit, must have knocked it at some point :blush:

That Alfa did my favourite manoeuvre ever......the pull out at the wrong moment then stop for no good reason other than to let the oncoming car send you to your grave manoeuvre. WHY STOP!!!!!!!! KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE ACCELERATOR YOU INCOMPETENT FOOL!

They're like rabbits, "oh, I done something stupid, what do I do now? I know, I'll freeze!"

PS - Isn't this the opening scene from "Dogging Diaries 3: Supermarket Peep"? :lol:

• Like 2

There was a programme on a couple of years ago dedicated to this craze of wealthy arabs bringing their hyper cars to London and tearing around, although not sure if this is one but guessing being lhd it might be.

I couldnt help thinking the whole way through the film, you have a Lambo, Ferrari etc etc and you want to drive it in a city??

Edited by Jetpilot

There was a programme on a couple of years ago dedicated to this craze of wealthy arabs bringing their hyper cars to London and tearing around, although not sure if this is one but guessing being lhd it might be.

I couldnt help thinking the whole way through the film, you have a Lambo, Ferrari etc etc and you want to drive it in a city??

I remember that programme, going up

And down the streets and the police not bothering with them, residents complaining about the noise late at night etc....

hello sailor :wacko:

how have you wired it - with the permanent live etc ?

Not yet, it is tricky on my Jag as if you wire it to the wrong place the battery will just give up.... have now got the info just need to sort it out but the car is in a garage at home so its mainly for recording on the move :ninja:

or

hello sailor :wacko:

how have you wired it - with the permanent live etc ?

Not yet, it is tricky on my Jag as if you wire it to the wrong place the battery will just give up.... have now got the info just need to sort it out but the car is in a garage at home so its mainly for recording my moves :ninja:

fixed that for you :thumbs:

Could be a case that the guy pulling out couldnt see it - if there were some parked cars to the right hand side which is out of shot it would have obstructed the view of the Mazda. In any case it didnt look like the Lambo even attempted to brake?

Could be a case that the guy pulling out couldnt see it - if there were some parked cars to the right hand side which is out of shot it would have obstructed the view of the Mazda. In any case it didnt look like the Lambo even attempted to brake?

Quite possibly, as you said the Lamborghini didn't even attempt to stop, I reckon at 30 or less it should have stopped in inches!

Just seen this, although the hatch should have 'thought' a bit more just incase (good to think ahead!), I guarantee the Lambo horsed it up the road towards just letting off as it got near that bit. The wee hatchback driver prob wasn't expecting it to fly up at speed. (mind you I could be wrong and the lambo wasn't speeding but... for as much as I like them I'm thinking they prob going to fast).

I had exactly that experience once when I was out on my motorbike. Riding along minding my own business doing about 30mph around town. Old woman trying to pull out from a car park, starts to pull out, sees me approaching so she stops. We have eye contact and whilst shes looking me directly in the eye pulls straight out in front of me. I have nowhere to go so hit the rear drivers side of her car, do a superman impression over the back of her car. She stops and says to me "Sorry, I didnt see you!".

To make matters worse, by the time the insurance companies got around to sorting the claim out (8 months later) she had then changed her tune to say that I was speeding and the witnesses couldnt remember what day of the week it was, let alone whose fault it was. In the end it was settled as a 50/50 liability so I lost a load of my NCB.

• Like 1

I had exactly that experience once when I was out on my motorbike. Riding along minding my own business doing about 30mph around town. Old woman trying to pull out from a car park, starts to pull out, sees me approaching so she stops. We have eye contact and whilst shes looking me directly in the eye pulls straight out in front of me. I have nowhere to go so hit the rear drivers side of her car, do a superman impression over the back of her car. She stops and says to me "Sorry, I didnt see you!".

To make matters worse, by the time the insurance companies got around to sorting the claim out (8 months later) she had then changed her tune to say that I was speeding and the witnesses couldnt remember what day of the week it was, let alone whose fault it was. In the end it was settled as a 50/50 liability so I lost a load of my NCB.

Get a camera :thumbs:

Surely they'd have to prove you were speeding? I'm sure I've seen a few cases where people have pulled out infront of cars and tried to claim they were speeding. This ended up in them being liable as they hadn't judged the gap correctly (regardless of speed).

Edited by mouthwash

And down the streets and the police not bothering with them, residents complaining about the noise late at night etc....

It was actually quite a good watch to see the exotica, they come to party before some kind of religious thing (excuse my ignorance) and tear around London upsetting the residents :)

Usually responses from the narrow minded few though, the residents were racist etc etc I like the sound of a performance car more than anyone, but at 2 am outside your window night after night would not be appreciated, there would certainly be more than a few stern letters of complaint and meetings with the local authorities :)

It was actually quite a good watch to see the exotica, they come to party before some kind of religious thing (excuse my ignorance) and tear around London upsetting the residents :)

Usually responses from the narrow minded few though, the residents were racist etc etc I like the sound of a performance car more than anyone, but at 2 am outside your window night after night would not be appreciated, there would certainly be more than a few stern letters of complaint and meetings with the local authorities :)

Local authorities could not give a stuff, as they just keep writing them out

tickets which they never pay as they cannot enforce them, maybe they should

impound a few more cars, but yes its a problem in London and has been for a few

years. You occasionally get a convoy of them tare assing around the North Circular

early mornings, don't give a sh1t about speed cameras as the cars are not registered

here, and you try and find Abdul in Dubai..!! :scare: :scare:

Local authorities could not give a stuff, as they just keep writing them out

tickets which they never pay as they cannot enforce them, maybe they should

impound a few more cars, but yes its a problem in London and has been for a few

years. You occasionally get a convoy of them tare assing around the North Circular

early mornings, don't give a sh1t about speed cameras as the cars are not registered

here, and you try and find Abdul in Dubai..!! :scare: :scare:

The ticket price to anyone who can afford such cars is the equivalent of about 50p anyway ;)